Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

Q: As you probably know, Lingor island has been very popular recently. Have you played it much if at all, and has it's design influenced your future plans for the standalone dayz release?

A: I havent played it (so crazy busy right now with all the wrong things), but I really want too. it looks fantastic. Something we will grow support for more with the mod over the coming weeks I think.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/72533-the-reddit-questions-answers/page__hl__reddit

Lot of bad information on these forums.

Rocket said and I quote;

http://www.reddit.co...estions/c5sdjs4

I think for the mod we open it up and see how it works. If people want to run private hives they can, but ideally we need a way to pool at least some statistics collectively.

If people want to run private hives they can

So people need to stop acting like its a crime and you will get banned for it.

He openly said he doesn't have a problem with it.

And second, Lingor island Dayz is FAR less buggy then regular dayz, its using a completely modified code base, you dont even need the original Dayz to run it anymore.

I run a server, 24/7, never have hackers, dont have item duping, people arent losing items or having spawning issues.

And lingor island is just a better map. 90% of the buildings can be entered, loot is better situated around the map, vehicle spawns are better.

But anyway.

Discussion is allowed as far as I know, but asking for support is not.

Its understandable, they don't want thousands coming here with problems with Lingor when some of them have never even played it.

Making New Topics without using the SEARCH function will soon result in Warnings.

OK.

Sure sure...do a search yourself using just the word Lingor. Tell me how many pages you get and where this thread is.

Oh there it is...top of page two after a crap load of irrelevant topics with nothing to do with the subject.

And really? I have to use search now before making a new thread or I get warnings?

Why even bother if the community is going to become a communist regime?

Go right on ahead with that. I am sure it will make everybody happy.

And how is discussion about something that is part of DayZ "off topic"?

Edited by Vertisce

Sure sure...do a search yourself using just the word Lingor. Tell me how many pages you get and where this thread is.

Oh there it is...top of page two after a crap load of irrelevant topics with nothing to do with the subject.

And really? I have to use search now before making a new thread or I get warnings?

Why even bother if the community is going to become a communist regime?

Go right on ahead with that. I am sure it will make everybody happy.

And how is discussion about something that is part of DayZ "off topic"?

I think the topics were merged to the off topic discussion before rocket "okayed" the map

That's fine...it's just rather offensive that he assumes I didn't do a search and then expects me to read every fucking thread in a search before making a post and finally he threatens to start imposing warnings for making a new thread.

I find it hilarious that Rocket is so open to Lingor Island and yet the admins are still so uptight about any posted content of it. It's pathetic. This is from Reddit.

Q: I would like to know if the Dayz mod will continue to be updated after the new standalone is released or in the process of beta.

A: Yes, the mod will be much more open than it is now - allowing more projects like Lingor and more freedom for server administrators. The game development will draw ideas off this pool and develop a more standardized experience.

What island? There's no island. I have no idea what you're talking about. You should leave.

i was playing in lingor island yesterday. awesome map.

you have to downloda the map, create a folder for exemple like @DayZ_lingor or something like that and put it on your shortcut to run the @DayZ and @DayZ_lingor and thats it

My friends and I were playing on Lingor today, server:

DayZ - [Frizag] Fantasy Sanctuary Lingor(V34) Island (1.7.2.5/95883)

I found a nice UAZ(yellow), so we went up to the NE island(never been).

Shots fired as we crossed 2nd bridge.

We see a guy shooting zeds near medical tents, we shoot him, its an admin(frizag movingsomething), Heli circling closely, two minutes later same guy runs into nearby barracks to watch the body, two of our guys run down to body, one gets shot(scott) and killed. Shooter runs out of barracks, heads east, I shoot him and its the same guy.... admin(frizag).

2 minutes later, server session ends....

10 minutes later its back up, scott tries to log in, he is banned for teleporting.... he spawned at beach after he was killed by the teleporter....

These types of guys give admins a bad name!

EDIT, tried to log in and now I am banned for "teleporting around map"

quality!

Edited by wesmacker

You sure understand since whole Lingor-thing is not officially supported by DayZ devteam, this thread is pretty useless here. Just change server and move on...

<<<< scott...

Well the admins tell us ( another player with OP and I that went back in the server) that I had scripts they seen in the logs. I beg them here and now to post a SS of said scripts I was running.

We understand that this might not be the best place to warn others of the bad server but for now it is the only place I can think of.

Edited by BTT`

Well this ist just kind of bad being banned for no "real" reason but in the fact u where playing on an lingor server means that the dayz team wont care at all caus they do not support the private server or the lingor mod/map

Love the Lingor game, had a bad run in on a server today: bad admins

DayZ - [Frizag] Fantasy Sanctuary Lingor(V34) Island (1.7.2.5/95883)

The reason I posted this in OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION is because dayz team has nothign to do with these guys, otherwise it would be in the server reporting forum....

This is not a message to the DayZ "team" It is a message to the players who play DayZ and might be interested in trying Lingor...which is a nice change of pace BTW. We thought we found a good server because the admins seemed active but there were some suspect restarts and now this incident. They did me a favor, now I can't go back to play on their poorly run server.