Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

Ok everyone needs to stop the hate and restricting of info of the Lingor map, Rocket himself says he likes the map and would love to play it, was well as giving support to it in the near future.

"I haven't played it (so crazy busy right now with all the wrong things), but I really want too. it looks fantastic. Something we will grow support for more with the mod over the coming weeks I think."

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/y4x6i/iama_rocket_potential_questions/

Right from the horse's mouth.

• Like 2

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 77 points 1 day

ago

I havent played it (so crazy busy right now with all the wrong things), but I really want too. it looks fantastic. Something we will grow support for more with the mod over the coming weeks I think.

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 60 points 1 day

ago

Yes, the mod will be much more open than it is now - allowing more projects like Lingor and more freedom for server administrators. The game development will draw ideas off this pool and develop a more standardized experience.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/y4x6i/iama_rocket_potential_questions/

• Like 2

As expected.. I'm not sure why anyone thought he would be against it in the first place.

now we just need main Hive support for lingor island, and everything is okey.

That isn't how the hive system works at all, every server on one hive has to use the same map (as well as other mods)

I find it pathetic that this is censored.

Chernarus is one map. Just one map. That you must play. And play. And then play some more. It gets boring. You know where all the spawns are, you know where the military loot is at, and you know where the PvP hotspots are.

I personally can not seem to get the mod installed (Maybe because I'm not Russian) because of "bad keys" or whatever. Ultimately I'd think that in the end this would actually help Rocket's and BI's profits.

You still must purchase and download ArmA 2 and OA and generates more buzz for the mod itself. What I don't understand is that if Rocket says he's interested in the mod then why not just give them the damn permissions to use Rockets work?

Idk. People always amaze me.

So are we allowed to officially talk about Lingor now that Rocket hasnt burnt the idea down (like so many people seem to have thought he would)?

If my understanding is correct this will be the path the DayZ mod will follow (as opposed to the standalone) whereby the community will be allowed to produce maps and the like.

Can we please lift the veil?

Personally, I don't think Rocket or any of the devs have a leg to stand on when condemning Lingor or any other future user made maps for DayZ. It's a mod of a mod that no one is making money from, this is why we play PC games, not consoles; because the community can and will change, improve and adapt existing code and game mechanics for the benefit of all.

You say Lingor players aren't contributing to the alpha? Who the fuck cares, there are thousands of servers playing vanilla dayZ and that is not going to change. I don't begrudge Rocket and company from making a standalone and profiting from that, not in the slightest I will certainly pony up and buy it no matter what, but you know what would make it an out of the park home run must buy game?

Support for private hives and user made maps.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't think Rocket or any of the devs have a leg to stand on when condemning Lingor or any other future user made maps for DayZ. It's a mod of a mod that no one is making money from, this is why we play PC games, not consoles; because the community can and will change, improve and adapt existing code and game mechanics for the benefit of all.

You say Lingor players aren't contributing to the alpha? Who the fuck cares, there are thousands of servers playing vanilla dayZ and that is not going to change. I don't begrudge Rocket and company from making a standalone and profiting from that, not in the slightest I will certainly pony up and buy it no matter what, but you know what would make it an out of the park home run must buy game?

Support for private hives and user made maps.

I agree.

If he wants to follow with the Minecraft model he needs to realize how extensize mod support has been for Minecraft. In fact I highly doubt that if Notch allowed no mod support that it'd be as popular as it is today.

Standalone DayZ has great potential, but will die quickly if PC gamers can not mod or add new maps, guns, vehicles, etc.

Also private hives would be a good addition. Almost immediately upon Alpha release Notch gave away server hosting to the players, and now the internet is littered with thousands of free servers to play on.

Having just one character annoys me. That's why I personally play on a private hive. I don't always play with my buddies on my retail-hive fully geared player, so I'll play on a private hive by myself, fully understanding my progress may be lost at any time.

Imo opening up more mod support would skyrocket sales even further and generally have a happier fan base. But that's just me.

• Like 1

I like Lingor, but its glitchier than vanilla DayZ and that's saying something. :D Fun if you're bored with vanilla DayZ though.

That isn't how the hive system works at all, every server on one hive has to use the same map (as well as other mods)

so the hives can't talk and share player data?

• Like 1

so the hives can't talk and share player data?

Dsi doesnt know what he is talking about. You can run multiple worlds on one hive, but each world has its own character, IE you cant transfer.

A little help for getting on lingor with arma2 from Steam.

Edited by Boneboys

Dsi doesnt know what he is talking about. You can run multiple worlds on one hive, but each world has its own character, IE you cant transfer.

Even if you were to sperate the location data set for each world?

Even if you were to sperate the location data set for each world?

The worlds run off instances.

So say Chernus is instance 1

Lingor is instance 2

You would see in the DB

Orthus GUID/INSTANCEONE/POSITION/INVENTORY/MEDICAL-STATE/DATA/DATA/Etc etc etc..

Orthus GUID/INSTANCETWO/POSITION/INVENTORY/MEDICAL-STATE/DATA/DATA/Etc etc etc..

You could in theory have a function in your Database that copies everything about your character but his location between the two instances. It is totally do-able.

I am just saying the way the hive is designed right now that's not the way it works.

<br />The worlds run off instances.<br /><br />So say Chernus is instance 1<br />Lingor is instance 2<br /><br />You would see in the DB<br /><br />Orthus GUID/INSTANCEONE/POSITION/INVENTORY/MEDICAL-STATE/DATA/DATA/Etc etc etc..<br /><br />Orthus GUID/<u><strong>INSTANCETWO</strong></u>/POSITION/INVENTORY/MEDICAL-STATE/DATA/DATA/Etc etc etc..<br /><br />You could in theory have a function in your Database that copies everything about your character but his location between the two instances. It is totally do-able.<br /><br />I am just saying the way the hive is designed right now that's not the way it works.
<br /><br />Ok I figured it would be possible.

Edit: it may take a bit of hacking some code togather to get the db to alter the data

Edited by Orthus

Soon, maybe but not now.

This is chit chat and we have been chit chatting of late.

Merged.

• Like 1

This is primarily to the devs.

I really feel that adding Lingor Island officially to the DayZ mod can only help this game. I don't know what it would take to make that happen but honestly the map looks a lot better than Chernarus for our little "Infected Apocalypse". I don't want to start picking through all the reasons why it just looks like a better map to me but can it hurt to have some diversity in the maps? Perhaps a separate hive server for each map that is made so you can't take gear from one map to the other?

Just my 2 cents for what they are worth.

Anybody else agree?