Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

Lingor is awesome, the dev team needs to add more maps to dayz.

Lingor is a way better representation of dayz in my opinion. Almost all buildings are lootable, zombies are more of a factor, its new and different, and it just generally lots of fun.

Why post this here at Dayz forum?

You want people to play that instead of Dayz?

Your gaming data is needed to make Dayz grow.....play on the Dayz Hive and contribute to the game and community instead of that copy shit.

If Rocket would come up for a hacker fix maybe we will.

Far less hackers on those servers.

Wich gives the fun back.

And dont come with copy bullshit.

Its a mod of a mod.

Rocket is just smelling money atm.

Also, devs should support all the maps and all the arma mods combined.

Should be easy enough to do :) Next weekend at the latest?

Rgds

LoK

So, I'm currently downloading lingor island ,and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on where the best loot spawns. I'm taking a break from chernarus as it gets boring way too fast. I like variety, and that's why I'm downloading Lingor island.

http://dayz.lv/lingor/

its not super comprehensive yet, but its a start!

I came across what people are calling the new DayZ map, i did some research on it and the idea seems pretty cool, i now have the understanding that it is an unofficial or hacked map. My first thing is, why is everyone against it, its not like it would become the only map you can play, it isn't hurting anyone, personally, Chernarus is great but having a new map and stuff isn't such a bad thing, bigger cities, more of them, more airfields, i personally don't see a problem with it. Please share your thoughts, I want to hear about what everyone thinks about this?

Also, I heard you can get banned for playing this map, is this true?

Thanks

You get your thread moved to off topic, though.

Not officially supported, so we're keeping these in off topic.

I can't say lingor island isn't causing the wave of innocent bans. But I've had it installed for over a week with no issues, I play both maps daily.

Might want to wait for the Battle Eye issues to be sorted out, just to be on the safe side. :)

I am not too familiar with it, when you join that map, does it connect to the Day Z hive or is it private?

I am not too familiar with it, when you join that map, does it connect to the Day Z hive or is it private?

It doesn't run on the DayZ hive, that's why they don't support it here on the forums.

They have a website you can get all the info from. It's basically just another mod for ARMA II

• Like 1

It doesn't run on the DayZ hive, that's why they don't support it here on the forums.

They have a website you can get all the info from. It's basically just another mod for ARMA II

Not quite...its a mod which plays on private servers (against the rules of DayZ) and stole Rockets code without his permission (very much against the rules).

From what I can tell, the belief that the bans were related to Lingor Island came from the reddit thread that cropped up shortly after the ban wave.

I noticed there and here that there were an excessive number of people claiming that they JUST bought the game and got banned.

Strangely, none of these new people posted looking for help installing, or asking how to play or anything.

They seemingly downloaded everything, found and followed install instructions and immediately started playing, then got banned.

Edited by Disgraced

How is that strange Disgraced? I didn't post anything, I got all I needed from an SA post and my friend helped answer any questions? Not everyone uses these forums.

Why doesn't anyone like the new map Lingor Island, and yes i do realize its not rockets or an official map. but its not hurting anyone is it, I don't know about you guys but, bigger cities, rivers (for boats), more airfields sounds pretty good to me, personally, Chernarus is great but gets boring when you have been everywhere, I just think that if you don't like the map you don't play it, personally, it makes me feel like i got choices, please share your thoughts, I wanna hear them.\

Also, I heard you can get banned for playing the map, is this true?

Thanks

J-B.

You posted this same thing about an hour before this thread. I PMed you to let you know it was moved into off topic.

I'm posting here, because maybe you don't read your PMs.

Don't make another thread on this topic or you will lose posting privileges for spamming.

Edited by Disgraced

i dont get it either. its just a mod like chernarus or however its spelled. i mean what does it hurt. really, what does it hurt. you cant spawn camp cherno or elekro and that pisses you people off.... you cant camp devils castle or NWAF and that pisses people off? grow up

Lingor is not supported by Day Z. Discussion relating to it should be conducted in off-topic.

Oh noes... you're a forum team member now??? :D *runs*

haha jk Grats? ;)

Adding more addons/islands does not help the standardised alpha community with true testing results.

J-B.

You posted this same thing about an hour before this thread. I PMed you to let you know it was moved into off topic.

I'm posting here, because maybe you don't read your PMs.

Don't make another thread on this topic or you will lose posting privileges for spamming.

Sorry about the multiple posts, when I tried to post it the first time it brought me to a cannot display page, so I assumed it wasn't getting posted

i dont get it either. its just a mod like chernarus or however its spelled. i mean what does it hurt. really, what does it hurt. you cant spawn camp cherno or elekro and that pisses you people off.... you cant camp devils castle or NWAF and that pisses people off? grow up

thank you, there are more hotspots i think reducing the amount of spawn camping

No, I don't think you can be banned for playing the map. I for one don't mind it. Rocket and the DayZ team should be happy that people are getting inspired by the mod and making maps for it. Plus, not like it's ripping them off, it is clearly inspired by DayZ.