rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

Posted this in the bandit forum' date=' thought it would do more good here:

-Make it a little harder to earn the bandit skin. One kill should not do it.

-Make humanity reset upon death.

-Enable different skins based on your humanity level.

-Make earning humanity points a curve, in both directions. The "Red Berret" requires you to be a saint (by transfusing blood or something, not just sitting around) and an uber bandit skin requires you to be the next Pol Pot. 80% of the players would then fall into the middle somewhere.

That way, if you want to be a backstabbing plant, you have to earn your position by not murdering everyone in sight.

[/quote']

I agree with this completely

No. Because no bandit skin means anyone can murder anytime without punishment, which in return would cause me to shoot anyone in sight just to be on the safe side.

Yes get rid of them.

With Arma 3 supporting swappable clothes it'll be pointless so you might as well get used to not being able to tell if someones a bandit from the clothes now.

I would like to keep the humanity score though. Maybe use it to give survivors and bandits different side missions.

They should be scrapped. For a player as myself, who is simply trying to survive as best I can, they absolutely KILL the gameplay for me. I am a bandit because players have shot at me, missed, and I have shot back and "murdered" them. Now I get shot instantly by other players 1/2 times, even though I try to properly communicate that I am friendly.

Fuck no

The alignment system is one of the best things about the game. If anything it should be extended and in more depth

Good idea. Let's also reskin new players, and people with bad aim. This is easily as fair as the bandit skins, right? I mean, we can help yhe new players out, and people will know to give those bad shots a hand when the zombies are attacking.

TKJ

Fair?

You just asked some noob to trust you, raised your magnum and blew his face out his butthole.

Bandit skins create balance.

Playerkillers get their first kill free of charge, after that they must fear survivors, the way survivors fear them.

Yes scrap

I see so many problems coming from removing bandit skins. Everyone will become a PK'er becouse who will tell that they are? :P "We will have to try to learn it from them " or something? How does that work? You can't read body language in this game, it's a GAME, I can only hear their voice, if that, I may only get text, hell maybe not even that.

I'll just be more tempted to shoot more people. While now with survivor skin and bandit skin, I will hold my trigger with survivors, becouse they atleast show they dont bindly shoot folks all the time.

P.S Sorry the post got so friggin long. I dont really mind you removing it, im just saying, please prepare to put it back <.<

EDIT: I say yes though becouse as many others have said, becoming a bandit defending yourself kind of sucks, but I still dont think it is ideal, it also make the humanity thing pretty pointless

Fair?

You just asked some noob to trust you' date=' raise your magnum and blow his face out his butthole.

Bandit skins create balance.

Playerkillers get their first kill free of charge, after that they must fear survivors, the way survivors fear them.

[/quote']

Survivor sees bandit skin, fears for life. Shoots bandit, wears bandit skin. Balance?

Survivor sees bandit skin' date=' fears for life. Shoots bandit, wears bandit skin. Balance?

[/quote']

Balance.

The more murderous the bandit in question is, the less humanity it costs, if the bandit is a total badass bandit, as I understand it, you even get a little humanity for the inconvenient. Killing a bandit might dip your humanity below 0, but since good guys waste all their time on avoiding people, they'll easily survive the little time it takes to regain a positive humanity.

Balance.

The more murderous the bandit in question is' date=' the less humanity it costs, if the bandit is a total badass bandit, as I understand it, you even get a little humanity for the inconvenient. Killing a bandit might dip your humanity below 0, but since good guys waste all their time on avoiding people, they'll easily survive the little time it takes to regain a positive humanity.

[/quote']

What you call balance, I call stupid. You're not skinned differently for stealing all the best loot when you find it as part of a team. You're not skinned differently for being the worst of your team at killing zombies, or being the loudest. Those are actions in the game, and with your logic, should be skinned differently.

There should not be any ability to immediately discern ANYONE's alignment in this game, just by looking at them. Ever.

TKJ

Keep the bandit skins. They are great and add a lot to the experience when you see them running around in the world.

Yes' date=' in real life you don't instantly know if someone is bad based on their appearance.[/quote']

YES! Somebody gets it! Rep to you, good sir.

TKJ

If you remove faction balance, you remove faction.

If you remove bandit skins, bandits get to operate with full immunity and without repercussions. Alignment and faction becomes pointless, as noone will chose to play as survivors, because survivors will serve as props for bandit's entertainment as sitting ducks.

Factions will simply dissapear, as survivor with either cease being survivors, quit playing or demand seperate survivor and bandit servers. DayZ will lose all it's complexity and social dynamics and turn into a simple deathmatch mod.

If you remove faction balance' date=' you remove faction.

If you remove bandit skins, bandits get to operate with full immunity and without repercussions. Alignment and faction becomes pointless, as noone will chose to play as survivors, because survivors will serve as props for bandit's entertainment as sitting ducks.

Factions will simply dissapear, as survivor with either cease being survivors, quit playing or demand seperate survivor and bandit servers. DayZ will lose all it's complexity and social dynamics and turn into a simple deathmatch mod.

[/quote']

So your argument is that society will somehow fall, and everybody will have to fend for themselves? WHAT KIND OF ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IS THIS??! I think you have seriously misjudged the players. The passion those who HATE bandits, and who only want to help their fellow man is evident.

"Noone will choose to play as survivors"? I think you're wrong, but that's your opinion.

TKJ

Yes, but some sort of customization should be given to players, even if its just 3-4 different skins to choose from. Perhaps there could be a different way to tell if someone is a bandit, like maybe having bloody hands from looting players, idk.

Yes' date=' but some sort of customization should be given to players, even if its just 3-4 different skins to choose from. Perhaps there could be a different way to tell if someone is a bandit, like maybe having bloody hands from looting players, idk.

[/quote']

Not a horrible idea. Make something that is noticeable, and then give them the opportunity to sacrifice their drinking water to clean up. Kudos! This is an idea I could get behind.

TKJ

Bandit skins definitely need to go. The idea that you can instantly tell whether someone will (probably) be a threat or not is silly. Where's the tension of not knowing if this person is going to shoot you or help you? There's no moment where you're looking out over a city with another human in your sights where you're contemplating ending his live just so you MIGHT live a few hours longer. There's none of that because you can instantly tell whether or not someone is a "bandit".

I like the idea of having other possible tells, though ideally they should be vague. Bloody hands from looting a dead player would offer more tension and worry. Did he kill another survivor for his food or did he simply find a poor man who'd succumbed to the horde? Blood splatters from a close range kill? He's either been a bit too close to the zeds or he just executed someone. Using a sniper rifle? Perhaps he's that sniper picking off people in Cherno. Etc, etc.

I understand why people would want separate "factions" but I really feel like it does the mod a disservice by gaming it a bit too much.

Yes, they should be scrapped but just temporarily while you work on other things. Then when you have dealt with more pressing matters move on the the skins and make an indepth version of what we have now.

Yes' date=' in real life you don't instantly know if someone is bad based on their appearance.

[/quote']

This entirely.

Yes' date=' in real life you don't instantly know if someone is bad based on their appearance.

[/quote']

This entirely.

Seconded.

I hate how after killing somebody (who was clearly shooting at me) i get a bandit uniform and everybody who sees me thinks it's okay to shoot at me.

Worst idea ever.