rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

Yup, get rid of them. People will shoot on site regardless of whether you are in a bandit uniform or not, if their intention was to do so anyway. Also, it sounds like you could do without the headaches of trying to get it working properly, so it should help free up some time for a coffee or more important tasks to complete :P

Maybe this can help with Direct Comms too (something to do with groups and changing character models? I don't know, could be plausible).

Also, can't access the voting page like a few others here have said.

Yes, because its no real indicator of intentions.

I have the bandit model because i killed two guys who were shooting at me, they were rubbish shots so didnt even graze me, but i popped them both in the head now im a bandit.

Subsequently ive had to start playing as a bandit, people dont understand how the humanity system works and automatically shoot on sight.

Yes; if they're too much of a pain, scrap them.

A model shouldn't automatically determine what a player thinks of you, since it's not a very accurate identifier of anything. Unless there's some way to make them less of a headache, or a way to improve on how they mark someone as a player killer, there isn't a real need for the model, since every other player is just as likely to shoot you as a bandit modeled player is.

Yeah, scrap 'em.

Bandit model doesn't really do a good job of saying who's who. Plenty of people in bandit skins aren't bandits, and plenty of people not wearing the bandit skin are just waiting for the oppertunity to whack someone.

It was a good start of idea. It has to grow up and improve the game, why would you scrap it ?

As a bandit I might be biased because whilst I love the skin I have always felt that the visual indication system didn't really make sense from a role playing perspective. I however would really like a wider variety of skins to choose from :D!

Keep them if there is no other ideas how to separate killers from survivors.

Scrap them if there is an alternative method.

Yes - but add a feature to allow people to select player models so not everyone looks the same and there is at least some distinguishing factor between people

Update 2

Original post

Page 9:

SF Bandit: Yes

Braxton: No

Pale_Rider: (changed to a YES)

Saboteur: Yes

--v--(update)--v--

Viri: YES

Deathward: No

Snipes12: No

HannesFury:no

Recaff: No

PRiME: Invalid

page 10:

pendelum5: Yes

powdered-swords: No

Valomerkki: Yes

thatniceguy: invalid

aop: No

Freeborne: Invalid

Danneskjold184: No

Baskerville: No

Qla: Yes

page 11:

jordNZ: Yes

Jamesbiff: Yes

Astral: Yes

Darkbud: Yes

KaB: Invalid

Goose Springsteen: Invalid

Chewgum: Yes

A Hamburgler: No

Atkins: Invalid

Aftershok: Invalid

page 12:

Spurdo: Yes

Total (page 1 to 12):

YES: 56

NO: 24

Invalid: 19

Feel free to count and read again

I'm human after all

Update 2

thatniceguy: YES

I would consider his vote invalid, as he is banned.

Then again he didn't vote the way I voted so I am biased. >.<

no , keep it and make sure bandits cant regain survivor status to fast.

I agree the system is flawed but something needs to be in place to make pks distinguishable.

I would propose to even expand on it and make wounding already cost humanity but there are more important things to be done for sure.

If work needs to be done do it but some system like this is needed in this game otherwise it will be a trollfest.

That said im by no means opposed to pvp

I'd say bandits should have the same skin as survivors.

Not only is it harder to have the skin technically, but having bandits look like everyone else makes the decision of engaging someone or allowing them in your group even harder. It really gets you thinking if you can trust someone, and I think that's a great part of the game.

It's a No for me but... I mean I'm a bit surprised actually.

Get rid of them for the time being. They are too broken ATM to be beneficial.

A week ago i accidentally killed a friend when a few of us were swarmed in a pitch black night. Since then I have died and re spawned a few times and am still a bandit. Its a headache to try to explain to people that I'm not a 'bad' bandit and constantly get shot at and murdered. Noone wants to team up ect.... That is game breaking as far as I'm concerned.

Can't vote, but I'm going to say no.

Not because I like being able to distinguish bandits, but I like being KSK.

Though if you made it some player-set option that would work for me.

As the above person mentioned, the skin itself is much cooler than the regular survivor skin. So, when I killed one of my attackers and became a bandit, I wasn't angry at all. I was somewhat elated.

Only downside is that I must now change my gameplay slightly to be more defensive. But, worst of all, I have to edit the text in my signature.

Edit; Forgot to answer; I vote to keep.

Yes until the system is streamlined/balanced. I think the uncertainty of whether someone is friend or foe is more authentic without. Would like to see a little random variation in skins however, or ability to change clothes, but have this unrelated to PvP. For example it would be nice to change into camo if come across some, and maybe have some civie starting skins. I'm for allowing PvP as restricting what people can do in the game limits its potential. Having said that I have yet to attack or kill another player.

Still can't vote, but yes, scrap them. I'd much prefer a system where you can customize the appearance of your character by finding clothing/body armor/etc.