rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

How about, since rocket has the skin transition already (something like that?) make a skin selection before you spawn. Slots wont determine your skin, and if you die, you can reselect your skin. So if you thinkin you can kill survivors then respawn so people wont know you, think again because you'll lose any nice items you've acquired b4 killing anybody.

And as for determining 'bandits' people can just describe what theyre wearing. And since theyre would be many variations of skins, that shouldnt be too hard to determine who from who.

This would also add a more unique player rpg instead of everyone having pmc uniforms.

And easier to determine who youre friends are just by asking them what theyre wearing!

I think things are working pretty well as they are at this point. Do I want them to change? Well' date=' it's an alpha and I signed on knowing that. I only hope that any future changes will improve the game for the majority of players rather than damage it.[/quote']

Your opinion is noted.

;)

TKJ

Yes, scrap them but have the ability to have custom skins or at least choose.

Get rid of them if they're that much of a problem. It would add more immersion to the game and would put more pressure on players trusting strangers. It would definitely up the ante. So it's a yes for me

Yes. I'd prefer stability at this stage. But I'd like to see it returned even in another form. Maybe the colour their name appears when you target them.

Too bad, was looking forward to scrapping them. I get tired of having to shoot everyone on sight because they'll do the same to a person using a bandit skin. Not to mention, with the self-defense occurrences happening, it seems strange to me to continue punishing players by making them bandit skins. If players could defend themselves without a hit to humanity, might not be so bad. But in the current state, defending yourself makes you a bandit, which makes you into an even bigger bandit (because you have to defend yourself from survivors shooting you on sight now) and it's just a nasty cycle. Either kill more or keep dieing until you're a survivor again.

Yes, scrap them. However, I would really like to see some type of 2-3 faction system where you pick the skin on start up and join that "team" I suppose.

Remove them for now.

Get stability and balance with zombies and loot, then readdress the idea.

Yes, because the humanity system is broken, once you are a bandit their is no going back. One of the best thrills is coming up on someone and trying to figure out Fof. Just add chooseable skins and stats somewhere down the road. Need to keep a reason for pvp though so I don't know. (sorry long.)

Yes, Remove the bandit skins!

I think it's too experimental at this time in the Alpha. Even if it was felt to be mastered, I think identifying a bandit would never be an on sight thing. It just creates racism in game and fear of bandits.

I am thinking that if it is a real problem with the developers, than I don't see a reason to keep it. I do like, however, the idea of selecting your own skins for use in game beforehand, like in the profile menu or some such, but that would be rather difficult I would think.

And more on the skin, it's just a bullseye at the moment, during the day it clashes with brush color and makes it difficult to hide from people that are hunting you (Yes, there are bandit hunters) And there is always the "bandit" who was skin changed because he killed players in self-defense or other situations.

All in all, I would like another way to tag people as PKers instead of bandits. I will think of another idea once I wake up tomarrow, I'm tired.

No!

I think the bandit models are a good thing, and so are the hero models.

It's an interesting gameplay idea.

I'm pretty indifferent at this point.. until the zombie/item spawn issue that seems to be plaguing the majority of servers at the moment gets worked out it really is irrelevant. In my opinion the spawn issue is what's causing the game to devolve into an all out death match. Zombies aren't even a threat at this point.. there's nothing left TO do other than murder eachother..

Yes.

because it paints the game world black and white. when in reality there are shades of gray in-between.

If you remove them, how will we deal with the "bandits".. because now they'll look just like everybody else. I've seen idiots whose only deed was grief, kill everyone, makarov or not, just shooting people. How do you deal with that? I' doon't know wat to vote.

Voting against removal of bandit skins. I believe there should be several grades of both bandit and survivor.

I find it odd how the bandit skin is a more useful camouflage though (at least in grasslands), I mean, it's practically desirable in comparison to the stand-out default.

Yes they should be scrapped.

I think being able to see whos a bandit removes some of the realism. Not know who you can and cannot trust makes it feel deeper and more immersive as you have to watch your back all the time.

No it doesn't ^ it's a game, people will shoot, no consequences, no death log. You can just shoot everyone you meet and nobody would know. This keeps people from random killing because of the bandit stigma. So I decided and vote to keep the skins.

Yes, scrap them! One of the basic premises of the game is realism, and not knowing whether someone is a mass-murderer on a first glance is exactly the kind of tension that made me fall for this game.

Yes. It simplifies the moral choices you make to just one, bandit or survivor.

Replace humanity with trust and allow players to put on a disguise (like a headwrap). Trust is gained by killing disguised players or bloodfaced* players. Once you put on a disguise you don't lose or gain trust. Trust is lost by killing undisguised players. When you have low trust you get a visual indicator like a bloody zombie face. Putting on or taking off the headwrap takes 10 minutes to prevent abuse. What you look like directly reveals your intentions.

What you look like directly reveals your intentions.

This is where the fairness ends, imho. Nobody should ever, EVER know your intentions, just by looking at you.

TKJ

Posted this in the bandit forum, thought it would do more good here:

-Make it a little harder to earn the bandit skin. One kill should not do it.

-Make humanity reset upon death.

-Enable different skins based on your humanity level.

-Make earning humanity points a curve, in both directions. The "Red Berret" requires you to be a saint (by transfusing blood or something, not just sitting around) and an uber bandit skin requires you to be the next Pol Pot. 80% of the players would then fall into the middle somewhere.

That way, if you want to be a backstabbing plant, you have to earn your position by not murdering everyone in sight.

Yes, they are counter-productive when it comes to stopping murders.

Scrap only if we can identify people somehow. Maybe from 10m. It's hard to tell who's who.

Karma system is good though. Like you get some title or extra if you do good/bad.