ripbabyg@hotmail.co.uk

DayZ Development Blog #1: The end of the beginning

Me, stupid? You're comparing Bohemia Interactive with VALVE.

Okay then...

And back before Steam and they were a single studio working on games with a small budget and 10 years less technology and still had a better anti-cheat system?

Yes I can read... But I also don't play Minecraft or followed it's development model hence me asking what exactly does this mean for the everyday user...

You don't know... how.. Minecraft worked?

Well... shit, sorry. How comfy is that rock you've been under?

• Like 2

No doubt that with BI behind Rocket, they will be using the ARMA 3 engine. I can't wait after seeing teasers for ARMA 3, it looks amazing.

Plus, if you think about it, if they use the A3 engine, it will be released before A3 itself, and it will serve as sort of a preview to A3, which could potentially draw sales.

The end of DayZ! LMAO! It was nice knowing you all, was good while it lasted. Oh and Rocket, you should start working on your attitude problem as well. See ya all on WarZ.

Edited by Killzone_Kid

The end of DayZ! LMAO! It was nice knowing you all, was good while it lasted. Oh and Rocket, you should start working on your attitude problem as well. See ya all on WarZ.

Leave troll.

There should be an option to give him a shot to the leg instead of my beans.

• Like 3

09zXB.png

Here's to hoping for a discount and some perk for Alpha testers.

Here's to hoping for a discount and some perk for Alpha testers.

He is going to be selling alpha copies of the game for a heavily discounted price.

http://www.ign.com/a...standalone-game

Edited by matingmoose

Rocket makes mod to boost ArmA sales, customers fall for it. Makes standalone game, wants you to pay for it too.

HERPADERPADERP DERPDERP

Some people have more money than brains. Not like they made a few million off ArmA 2 package sales alone for a mod that was more of an idea than a game.

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Ahahaha stupid kiddies cannot see what is going on. Rocket feels butthurt he loses control over his own mod, people using custom servers and now even custom maps and all that. Fanboys are funny!

Rocket makes mod to boost ArmA sales, customers fall for it. Makes standalone game, wants you to pay for it too.

HERPADERPADERP DERPDERP

Some people have more money than brains. Not like they made a few million off ArmA 2 package sales alone for a mod that was more of an idea than a game.

Gotta pull some bills from my ear, brb.

• Like 2

You don't know... how.. Minecraft worked?

Well... shit, sorry. How comfy is that rock you've been under?

Minecraft... I'm sorry, but those games don't entertain me what-so-ever... I used to play with lego when I was a kid.

Let the trolling begin...

• Like 1

lol did you just earn 500 zombie gold on the WarZ marketplace for pretending this is bad news and extra 500 for casually dropping the WarZ name on the DayZ forum?

If you keep up the spam, you'll soon be able to buy some WarZ NVGs and top tier weapons!

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Not sure why are people so worried whether it will use ARMA 2 or ARMA 3 engine. The engine in ARMA 3 isn't going to be built up from scratch. Just like ARMA 2 and Armed Assault weren't built from scratch either. Day Z will now have access to all the latest major features added to the engine AND will be free to modify it any way to suit the gameplay without the fear of breaking ARMA. It's great news, really.

Can't believe some people are complaining about having to buy the game "again". Guys, no one forced you to buy ARMA 2 to play a mod in alpha.

Rocket said if he went stand-alone he would want it released this year

Yeah I remember him saying he would like to bring it out by the end of the year but I don't think it's realistic tbh.

Okay, so as far as I'm aware Bohemia designed their base engine (Real Virtuality) for a Military audience.

So they probably never bothered in the first place designing any sort of protection in the engine, going for a trusted client type setup instead. I imagine there was some kind of anti-cheat hacked in when they went to sell it to a multiplayer audience. So that would explain why its so easy for these hackers (and subsequent script-kiddies) to do anything they want. It was made that way, they wanted it that way.

Now that rocket has access to the source code of which ever engine, being a project lead he gets to do anything he wants to the code. Its standalone. Now he not just modding, he gets to dive into the heart of his favourite engine's code.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next few months. It may be a slow start, but once the ball is rolling.. Watchout WarZ.

Edited by Kra
  • Like 1

thats really bad news for WarZ ahahahaha

bad news for warz is who is developing it

Yeah I remember him saying he would like to bring it out by the end of the year but I don't think it's realistic tbh.

He could have the Alpha out in the next couple of months, doing the exact same as minecraft did, we will see anyway.

Congratz to Rocket !

Whenever the standalone game comes out my money will be there for you to have.