mattlightfoot

What should our next competition be?

how about if all electronic/electric gadgets like torches, GPS, NVG's etc needed batteries. This would force players to be sparing with them and add another layer of realism..

As i am a female player and only using the female skin, i would like to be able to use the ghillie suit or even the camo clothing.

Would be really great if you could implement this feature. And i guess a lot of female players would like it too.

The next competition should be:

"Guess how long until apache25 comes up with a stupid suggestion someone else already suggested"...

Its a little like cow-pat Bingo, but less interesting.

• Like 2

"Guess how long until apache25 comes up with a stupid suggestion someone else already suggested"...

Maybe we should start up a 'guess what idea he'll rehash next' competition. Winner gets to feel special about themselves for a couple moments.

I apologize if it has already been covered, I can not find it in the search.

Best game description.

Have the community, with their knowledge and experience with the game to date, submit a "Box" Game Description, such as what would appear on a game box (if applicable) or Steam game page. A one paragraph synopsis/teaser that gets the world truly excited about the DayZ Standalone (as if they aren't already). Winning description will be adopted by the Devs as the official description.

Edited by thebirdolux

ah good idea dolphin

PMSL, he just necro'd my post from the 12th September... Bless him.

* Best 10 second video. The winner contributions could then be compiled into a longer with non-stop action.

* Best "in action" screen shots. Fraps can be set to automatically take pictures every 10th second (or other time period). This obviously produces 100s of pictures where 95% are very boring. But I've tried this in other games and some pictures can be quite amazing, with stuff happening like muzzle flashes, flying bodies etc that you are to busy to take in that situations. The best pictures can slide-showed on the sites front page.

I've got one, a round-robin competition where clans go against each other, if you die you can't rejoin and it's to see who can survive for the longest. There'd be PvP and all.

Zombie 3D model contest.

Let's make a contest for Zombie 3d models, and then out some of them in the game))

Or Clothes/camouflage contest for Human models.

Also should be able to put them in game later.

Prize: 3 DayZ cd-keys.

Making a DayZ movie/game trailer with in-game footage

i also agree with Griff they should make one it will be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Or also, i have another idea: Zed's and surivors sounds/voices

This is cool ^^ I gave my beans

Contest for Standalone:

-Title (If there's like DayZ: -Something-)

-Tagline/Motto

-Description

-Thumbnail/official image type thing

Something like that?

Photoshop a photo of Rocket,

I want a Survivor Games with all the Forum Team in it and make it a tradition. The winner of that year will receive Bean Hog of the Zed Invasion.

• Like 1

The best epic fail landing vid with a chopper, or crash with a vehicle, video contest.

• Like 2

An ice cream van or other ludicrous mode of transport could spawn on most servers in a really well hidden place but if they are not found by the next server restart they vanish forever from that server

• Like 1