mattlightfoot

What should our next competition be?

A triathlon all the way from Kamenka to Skalisty island.

Running, biking, swimming.

• Like 1

How about adding to the ranks of zombies elderly and children? forgive me if I do not write in this topic, I'm russian and poorly guided in english servers. moderators ask my proposal to determine if it is relevant to the specific topic, thanks in advance. Online translator translated forgive, if not all logically clear.

I would like to see among the zombies, not only men but also women, children, old people (of different sexes). this would give a realistic, but it turns out what that blue (gay) island.))) sorry if this proposed.

maybe just a fan competition.

make videos, or take pictures or bake a cake.

anything to show your appreciation of the game.

then one of the admins pics the best 20 and we all vote on the best :D

Hunger games!! Rocket selects 40 people from the forum and puts them all in a locked server. The last one left alive is the winner. Logging out=losing.

• Like 1

well i think the zombies should be like the walking dead zombies and the only way to kill them is in the head but of course they walk

well i think the zombies should be like the walking dead zombies and the only way to kill them is in the head but of course they walk

Have a competition where you get a screenshot with as many zombies as you can in the background (you standing still and friend takes screenshot)

- Cannot be running aswell, must not be moving with zombies in the picture

Makes you take a risk!

Goodies like Kevlar vests and ammo and more advanced food supply's could be prizes just in a few places and on a few servers

Hunger games!! Rocket selects 40 people from the forum and puts them all in a locked server. The last one left alive is the winner. Logging out=losing.

. Very good idea but it would need to be equal at start and weapons gained from the cornet thing

how about either a screenshot or a small video showing you evading almost inevitable death.

or a WIN compilation of surviving something that SHOULD have killed you :P

• Like 1

The best quick scope compilation...

Ok. I dunno, maybe just something that involves the zombies.

360 ladder noscope montage? :)

Yes, there are the 'Hunger Games' already. I'm looking forward to seeing them, but IMHO opinion, the entire PR/promotional end of it has not been run well. So many opportunities were lost that could have been valuable promo for BIS/DayZ, and the information about the games in general was unclear and hard to find. Perhaps in late October/early November, as the ads, promos and marketing increase, I suggest:

The Running Man

Pitting the meanest of the mean against the most known (I hesitate to say famous) players

Select 15 of the lowest humanity players that agree to the contest as THE RUNNERS

Select 8 well-known players (streamers, most likely) as THE STALKERS

Conditions

- Locked,private server

- Disconnects count as forfeit

- Streamers isolated, all on 15 minute delay

- Hacking/Scripting global bans the hacker, and teleports all equipment from the other runners (but not the runners themselves) to the open field outside the Elektro power station. Stalkers would be notified of this happening.

- All vehicles at 100%, just need fuel, no helicopters

- Runners camping for more than 5 minutes will spawn 50 infected within 50 meters. Stalkers have no restrictions on camping.

Prizes/Stakes -

Runners who survive get 6 months free hosting of their own server, and a free copy of the standalone game when it comes out.

Runners who die get humanity reset (these are the most ruthless, so they lose their bragging rights), all equipment, tents, and vehicles wiped that are associated with their account, have a special, unchangeable, glow in the dark clown skin for 90 days.

Stalkers who survive get 20 free copies of the standalone game to give away when it arrives to their viewers, and personal access to a pre-release version of the standalone to play (gets them followers AND promotes the standalone)

Stalkers who lose get an unchangeable clown skin (does not glow in the dark) for 7 days.

Any Stalkers who does not win, but does get a confirmed kill, gets 2 copies of the standalone to give away when it is publicly available per kill.

hEhED.png

This game idea can work very well for BIS/DayZ PR/promotion if done right, with a centralized website for information, links to all active streams, profiles of the stalkers and the runners, and if pitched right, could even lead to coverage on television (G4 in the US for example, or even espn3, but there are many channels that are looking for the DayZ demographic) using the Running Man game show format.

This seems to me like a PR dream for BIS and Rocket.

Edited by Chambers
  • Like 1

put up a clanwar server with 100 slots and let ppl fight over something, idk the control of a city mabye?

Good idea of fighting for a town. It should be an event and last the whole weekend. Holding houses like capture the flag should be counted at the end.

Badass.

I think the best written journal would be perfect for DayZ.

You can't be certain if its true or not but its easy to get inspired to write a DayZ story by playing it.

I have had many events and encounters which are very unique to anything else and could only happan in something like Dayz, i would love to write a journal for the competition.

Making a half hour life action movie. Should include all the glitchy goodness for lolz.

• Like 1

1,000 zombies. 1 can of beans.

DayZ staff snipe from deer stands on hills.

Contestant must travel 4.8km from starting area and must get the can of beans...

Survivors don't just win, they compete for best time.

Whoever wins, gets a real can of beans signed by Rocket.

• Like 1

How about a commotion to see who can pull the most zombies? Set aside six hours of your day then run through every town in a loop then turn around and BAM! 200+ zombies.