mattlightfoot

What should our next competition be?

I think the textures contest would be cool. Top 3 winners have their textures in the final version perhaps?

Who can get the most mountain dews by X date !

Scavenger hunts would be cool. They'd have to be near land marks though.

Machinima are always great to watch and make for interesting comps

• Like 1

I got a great idea!!!! How about we play... What Dev can fix all the HACKING issues first??!!! Hope you all solve this crap before ARMA III!

Semper Fi

I think having an art thing would be cool too. I think the video/trailer thing is an awesome Idea, but its too limited. More then half the players dont have the stuff to make those good quality videos, let alone the money to buy them. Im one of them. So Im gunna have to say that its not fair to the people that cant record videos via computer.

THIS! I have an outfit I use for IDPA that looks almost exactly like the Survivor PMC skin some interesting and awesome photos could come from this. Plus not everyone has the software to do youtube videos this almost anyone can do

EXACTLY, 100% Agreed.

Ummm, this is really quite a hard choose on what i could say, but personally i really like the idea of fan made trailer competition...

i am for real life dayz pictures competition, to recreate game atmosphere on the picture

THIS ^

I have all the military gear to pull this off anyway lol. Im going to make a video. As soon as I find a friend with a camera.

How about a GM event?

spawn a bunch of crappy road cars for an apocalypse Road race. Complete with bandits acting as sand people to shoot at the cars as they race by. Of course there would need to be enough cars to give the bandits plenty of targets. Id say 25 banditos and 25 racers should be fine.

The racers will have to plot out routes that allow them to refuel/repair out of zombie danger. (or just die when the run out of gas)

The race does not end until all cars are destroyed.

The race cars can of course all just charge the bandits ( ITS A CRAZZY WORLD)

The race will claim all of your gear.

The last bandit standing is awarded "shit eating grin"

If the racers do not race fast enough, GMs will ram you with a URAL... or send giant bears.. whatever

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been suggested but maybe a T-Shirt Design and the money generated can go to the dev team.

• Like 1

Whoever can fix all the major bugs in DayZ, get rid of all the hackers and dramatically improve the zombie AI and animations...gets a prize!

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 2

Fiction/Art contest.

Machina, stories, comics, paintings, drawings, screenshots (altered for bad assery)... music.... skins, models... etc. etc.

Edited by ytman

Invite everyone to a tv gameshow, think Wheel of Fortune with sharp knives.

Making a DayZ movie/game trailer with in-game footage

well done, awesome idea, you have my beans

How about getting people to dress up and act like a zombie via youtube for example and judge the best ones?

Then motion capture the winners and place their 'masterpiece' into the game?

This way you'll get free news coverage and some interesting new content.

Make it a regular competition and you'll have lots of new and original content to keep game players interested.

You could do a similar thing for Food items and animals too.

How about you jsut do a deathmatch at NW Airfield..

• Like 1

Meme competition is a terrible idea (no offense.)

Any good meme just happens organically, if you try to force it you end up looking like that creepy old guy at the bar that thinks he's still cool and won't quit hitting on the waitress.

How about a zombie slaughter contest, who can kill the most zombies in X time frame? Who can kill the most zombies with X weapon in X time frame?

Or a scavenger hunt? Whoever finds the most beans wins? Just my 2 cents.

Hunting event? GMs run around all crazy like decked out with awesome weapons but is wearing like a fluorescent orange hunting vest to make him stick out. First X people to track down and kill a GM win?

-Sin

Edit: NW airfield death-match sounds like pure chaos... I LOVE IT!

Edited by Sinvex