rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

no lootable skins yet?

Cool! I must find a hatchet asap!

Rocket i spawned on an island when i died.

The island was maybe 10 meters away from the mainland so i was forced to swim! so i lost all my stuff hahaha but it was all starter stuff but still!

You should go back to the old style of applying bandages etc.

Now you cant refuel jerry cans

Cant refuel the car

Cant apply bandages on friends

Cant give blood transfusion

ETC ETC ETC.

EDIT :: FOUND OUT NOW that if u reconnect the server u are able to give 1 blood transfusion or fill the jerry can once by using the scroll wheel.

Am hoping the hatchet goes in the equipment slots' date=' not the inventory.

[/quote']

Yes, goes in equip slots.

And yes, the weapon issue should be fixed. It was part of the spawn in ocean bug.

Awesome!

Cant refuel the car

ETC ETC ETC.

EDIT :: FOUND OUT NOW that if u reconnect the server u are able to give 1 blood transfusion or fill the jerry can once by using the scroll wheel.

Rocket said this is fixed.

Cant refuel the car

ETC ETC ETC.

I've been playing with my brother for a few days now. I started a while ahead of him, so by the time we ran into each other, I'd had a few run-ins with the zed element in the game, so my blood was significantly diminished. We made it to the outskirts of chernogorsk, crawled to the hospital, picked up at least 10 bandages and 5 or six blood bags. After we made it out, he performed a successful transfusion on me, and the bandages worked fine as well.

I've never had an issue with the bandages or blood bags, even with the new system. It's perfectly simple for me. If you want to bandages yourself, right click it in your inventory. If you want to bandage someone else, use the scroll wheel. It doesn't seem to have any difficulty at all for me.

That being said, though, what exactly does a cold do? I got one last night, and so did my brother. We've been coughing for the good part of an hour in-game, but nothing else has happened, despite our temp level being below 28.... Is there anyway to remove the coughing? Apparently, antibiotics are about a .22% drop in a hospital....

I've been playing with my brother for a few days now. I started a while ahead of him' date=' so by the time we ran into each other, I'd had a few run-ins with the zed element in the game, so my blood was significantly diminished. We made it to the outskirts of chernogorsk, crawled to the hospital, picked up at least 10 bandages and 5 or six blood bags. After we made it out, he performed a successful transfusion on me, and the bandages worked fine as well.

I've never had an issue with the bandages or blood bags, even with the new system. It's perfectly simple for me. If you want to bandages yourself, right click it in your inventory. If you want to bandage someone else, use the scroll wheel. It doesn't seem to have any difficulty at all for me.

That being said, though, what exactly does a cold do? I got one last night, and so did my brother. We've been coughing for the good part of an hour in-game, but nothing else has happened, despite our temp level being below 28.... Is there anyway to remove the coughing? Apparently, antibiotics are about a .22% drop in a hospital....

[/quote']

U can spend days and u wont get this bug if u didnt act with tents or vech. its unreal to fill vech atm cuz after each can of fuel u need to relog

That being said' date=' though, what exactly does a cold do? I got one last night, and so did my brother. We've been coughing for the good part of an hour in-game, but nothing else has happened, despite our temp level being below 28.... Is there anyway to remove the coughing? Apparently, antibiotics are about a .22% drop in a hospital....

[/quote']

I'm increasing antibiotic drop rate in the patch. The infection doesn't do much yet - it is more annoying, gives away your position, can increases the chance someone around you will get infected.

But what I would like to hear, is how you dropped down to below 28. Was it reasonable how you got to that low temperature?

Just makes your screen shake and you lose 2000 blood. so you won't be able to get max blood until you find antibiotics, if you do a transfusion you'll get max blood but lose 2000 over time down to about 10k.

Can you look into TempVal not decreasing on some servers? Last night I was on a server and it was about 10:30 in game time, but being outside my temperature never decreased even while standing still. Is there a specific time that temperature starts to decrease?

Just makes your screen shake and you lose 2000 blood. so you won'tbe able to get max blood until you find antibiotics' date=' if you do a transfusion you'll get max blood but lose 200 over time down to about 10k.

[/quote']

Incorrect. Your low temperature makes you shake. The infection just makes you could and lowers your max blood as you stated.

That being said' date=' though, what exactly does a cold do? I got one last night, and so did my brother. We've been coughing for the good part of an hour in-game, but nothing else has happened, despite our temp level being below 28.... Is there anyway to remove the coughing? Apparently, antibiotics are about a .22% drop in a hospital....

[/quote']

I'm increasing antibiotic drop rate in the patch. The infection doesn't do much yet - it is more annoying, gives away your position, can increases the chance someone around you will get infected.

But what I would like to hear, is how you dropped down to below 28. Was it reasonable how you got to that low temperature?

I'm down at 14 right now. Reason: Night, rain, no matches and no clue about location. No other effects than severe shivering in first person(not third person that is).

I'm increasing antibiotic drop rate in the patch. The infection doesn't do much yet - it is more annoying' date=' gives away your position, can increases the chance someone around you will get infected.

[/quote']

That is how I got sick as well. Both of my friends stayed up around 80 temp, but while I was moving around with them in Berezino mine dropped rapidly down to 29. It was around 80 when I logged in still since we all had a fire going before we logged off, and within a good half hour of sneaking around I became sick (again, since my character seems to have an issue with losing heat) and noticed my temp had gone down to 29 while both my friends were still nice and warm so I lit a fire and as soon as I got to 80 warmth the cold went away. Got it fully up and it hasn't gone below 100 since.

Also, not sure if it was supposed to happen since you said in this thread it is currently a percent, but I had 103 temperature at one point.

It was early morning or dark, I forget which, and not raining. Since my friends both stayed warm I must have had a bug, so I guess the temperature systems loss/gain is decent for now. Really can't say yet, I will need to join some rainy servers, dark servers, make fires more, and so on before I can fully give an opinion.

Real quick while I am posting, could anyone confirm if you lose temperature simply for it being night? It is usually cooler at night than during the day, and it should drop slowly for a while during the morning as well.

EDIT::: On the topic of shaking, despite my 29 temperature I did not shake at all. I play in third person and I know it does not there, but it did not shake when aiming or first person when I switched to see since my friends said I should have noticed the shaking.

What I really want to know, is how you felt about it in game. Did it seem fitting? Or did it feel wrong? How did it affect your immersion? How did it affect the way your teammates felt about you?

What I really want to know' date=' is how you felt about it in game. Did it seem fitting? Or did it feel wrong? How did it affect your immersion? How did it affect the way your teammates felt about you?

[/quote']

Hey rocket,

did you look into the tent bug? We can't place any tents. Would be nice.

Temperature seems to be fine right now, I only remember dropping low during rainy night and it felt very reasonable (and even immersive, it really felt cold that game night), we had to abandon our deals and set up a camp fire with one guy watching horizon and two warming themselves up while talking about random stuff.

I really like the temperature system. Made me argue with my buddy when to put up a fire and also where. Found out a good spot is inside a building. Maybe it could be possible to cook caned food. You can't cook canned food yet, can you ?

Sometimes the temperature feature is very confusing. On some servers it never dropped below 100 during the whole night and on another server I lost 1 percent every 5 seconds which I found a little bit too much even though it was raining.

What I really want to know' date=' is how you felt about it in game. Did it seem fitting? Or did it feel wrong? How did it affect your immersion? How did it affect the way your teammates felt about you?

[/quote']

Personally I don't think the negative of being infected is big enough to suddenly stop playing in a group. I only play with people I know on ventrilo tho, so even if the negatives of being infected is huge we would still hang around together I think. We would just have to awkwardly keep distance between each other while hunting for antibiotics.

I suppose this infection system only works for people who team up with random others. Its still a fun mission to go hunt for antibiotics with my friends on ventrilo tho.

[/quote']

My teamates and I got stranded in the middle of nowhere after a chopper hard landing. We were waaaaaay North West. Anyway we had little food or water, and we were getting colder because of the rain. One of us started coughing. The other healthy guy and I made him run a wide distance from us as we traveled. We quarantined him. None of us wanted to run into hostiles with coughing giving away our position. The cold spread to me, and then I was made to run with the other sick guy. It was a great experience.

Now note, this was before the hotfixes so temp dropped A LOT faster. The way it is now i don't even worry about my temp at all. So you might want to consider a point between the too much and too little in temp movement we have right now.

On that note, we had a great discussion on randomly spawning with different weaknesses. Like Asthma, "The bandits stole my inhaler I have to watch my speed or I will have an attack!". Or Diabetes, need to get that insulin and keep it handy. lets see how those player killing sniper bandits do when they spawn near sighted and need to go find some glasses first.

:P

Will vehicles be fixed? As it stands right now you can't refuel them :(.

Anyway keep up the good work! Enjoying the game alot!

[/quote']

I've had an infection a handful of times, and it didnt seem to affect my teammate. though this might have been due to us not fully understanding it, does the coughing attract zombies? If so, then he might be more cautious around me.

I do like the infection system, though i'm yet to run into any antibiotics anywhere, perhaps increase spawn rate? I do however like how having an infection is not a major big deal though, considering how easy it can be to catch one.

Also, i have found that when i switch servers, i lose my infection. this has happened every time.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGh

yes vehicles will be fixed.

Good feedback on temp. Please anyone else with their experiences/feelings in situations where it has been applied.

I found the temperature update very interesting, only thing is that you can create fires without any logs.. As soon as you will fix this bug, things should get really interesting.

Also, to actually "freeze" to death should take many many many hours..

Also, I haven't been able to gut animals after the latest patch, is this a known issue?