johndstill@gmail.com

**Awesome Server Host**New Timchanging feature & Pre-whitelisted | VILAYER

This happens with any server though, including my own server. They crash and get rebooted.

I agree that you cant do anything agianst the crashes and reboots. But imo its not hard to send an email when you are going to update even if its 2 AM. Even tho most people dont read it on time or dont pay attention to it some people actually get notified of each email they recieve. If they then waited 15minutes with the update and reboot less people would complain. Those 15 minutes dont really matter as the server wasnt running the patch all day anyway.

Edited by Chauz

Thats a good idea, thanks Chauz. I will let Lee know.

Also I wanted to inform people about something I read earlier today:

The poster wrote the following things

-Vilayer has slow support response

-The owner works a day job

-Sudden restarts for updates

I wish to respond to this as I feel he is misguided in his assumptions:

For the slow support response, we have a very limited DayZ support staff now as most of the staff works with the other games we host. We often find ourselves getting tickets about issues that really aren't dependent on us as hosts (such as hive issues, hackers and vehicles, etc etc...) so we are completely weighed down by tickets. However if you use our skypes and ts, you will find that your issues will be resolved rather quickly. On any given day we recieve 125 new tickets (120 of which are for dayz and 5 of which are for the loads of other games we host) and we try to get to them all. I would highly recommend skype or TS as those are the fastest. We are looking into hiring more staff soon.

For the "owner's day job". Actually, I'm the only one that works a day job, as a US Intelligence Liason to the British Consulate. I work hard and travel frequently, but come home and help people as best I can. I keep this post up to date, because I'm the prototype dayz server admin for Vilayer. I help when my schedule allows. As for other support staff for DayZ, Lee, Ian and Jeremy are on a lot. Lee (the actual owner) works his ass off to get things in order, but you must understand that he has to sleep and live life too. If you can't understand that then I'm sorry, but thats just dumb. If something takes longer, Lee is very quick to reimburse for time missed plus more. He works hard. Ian and Jeremy are also on a lot as well, but not 24/7 because sleep exists. Our support clock nearly covers 24 hours a day (because of mucked up sleep schedules) but not all the time.

Lastly, as for updates. I have mentioned to lee to put an email out about updating to clients. I think thats a good idea. However, also please consider that instead of you having to update and go through the hassle of figuring it out, all you have to do is sit there (and sometimes press a single button).. I will try to get it so that updates are warned about.

Thats all I have as I just wanted to write this to let people know. I also wanted to let people know the dedication we have to this mod and our DayZ clients to ensure that they are happy.

Have a good weekend

Johnny

PS- Lee and Ian are on all weekend, I'm not, but will be back sunday. Happy Zombie killing

VILayer guys:

Can you get around to reducing the max number of players on my server. It's currently set to 64. It runs for 2 minutes then stops because it's supposed to be 50. I've had the server for about a week now and haven't been able to play on it. Let alone have it run for more than 2 minutes.

Ticket #185076

You run a business. You provide a service in exchange for money. If you are unable to provide the service due to limited resources, then that is your problem.

I don't care how many tickets you get per day. I don't care how hard someone works. Work harder or hire more personnel. Or don't. But do not come here asking for "understanding" while taking our money.

That's plain unprofessional.

You run a business. You provide a service in exchange for money. If you are unable to provide the service due to limited resources, then that is your problem.

I don't care how many tickets you get per day. I don't care how hard someone works. Work harder or hire more personnel. Or don't. But do not come here asking for "understanding" while taking our money.

That's plain unprofessional.

Agreed. All it would have taken was due diligence. Why were MULTIPLE clients sent NON working ACP login credentials? There is absolutely no excuse for that. Then keeping those people waiting over 24 hours after they submit tickets? Your ticket system has a low / medium / high priority. I suggest you start looking at "high" priority ones more often.

Maybe, and I'm just putting it out there, maybe you guys should contact the DEV team about this Sixlauncher-gonne-renegade stuff.

In less then a week they start forcing a beta patch while the hosters are not informed and earlier this week Sixlauncher even pushed a non-approved BETA-patch out there, causing some mayhem.

More and more I am starting to think these Sixlauncher guys need to tone down their voice and adhere to conformity and continuity of this mod in ALPHA stage

Instant server setup. Thats .... i wait now almost 16 hours after payment stil no server up and running. Slow support. Tikect made 8 hours ago. Stil no anser.

Support staff is hammered. Hang in there! They will eventually get to you and take care of you.

Edited by IPopeyIE

just purchased a server its 19:33 gmt on the 21st July server was paid for 5 minutes ago, hope its not too long,,,,,,,, fingers crossed!

Ya i no. I hang in there. But The are saing instant. And that is misleading information.

Ya i no. I hang in there. But The are saing instant. And that is misleading information.

Didn't you receive an e-mail with your account settings; login information to ACP (control panel)?

all resolved, Lee gave honest reply to problem and got it all fixed. Nice to actually find a host with support

Edited by devilsdealer

Dont by here. No email support @ all. Only instand server my ...... Today i ordert to paypal my cash back. And the are blocking me of there site.

Login denied! Your account is inactive or has been blocked

So where is you server support...

Now i am getting my money back true paypal. Because the dit not delever my server.

Greets Mike

Lee is online and fixing my issues now.

Got my server info, server is up, and he is working with a handful of us to get everything set up.

Ok lee is online. And i got my server now also. After mail my mail. Good job. Greets Mike

25hrs since payment, still no email with server details

Devilsdealer was your server provisioned? If not can you please PM me.

Edited by PersonalJ

All my issues resolved!

They were super nice and explained in detail what issues they were dealing with and why, and really the actual control panel is really slick.

Very nice host!

Also after reading this, I apologize for long waits, please regard what the original post says. Setup times are not instant currently

I apologize for the inconvience

• Like 1

buying a dedicated server...wondering if I need to add the option for windows server software in order to run dayz and mumble from the server. Once I figure that out, I will purchase the server and PM you the order info Johnny

buying a dedicated server...wondering if I need to add the option for windows server software in order to run dayz and mumble from the server. Once I figure that out, I will purchase the server and PM you the order info Johnny

Mucko, in order to run DayZ you will need to purchase a dedicated server with Windows Server, DayZ will not run natively on Linux.

does this mean I will need windows server web version or standard edition? i'm not familiar with what the differences would be. does dayz work with web version or do i need standard? And also do I need a control panel of any sort? on this forum Johnny explains its 125 and it seems to be all inclusive, he doesn't state otherwise. however on the website it appears to be higher.

thanks again,

Mike

Edited by <RQI>Mucko

does this mean I will need windows server web version or standard edition? i'm not familiar with what the differences would be. does dayz work with web version or do i need standard? And also do I need a control panel of any sort? on this forum Johnny explains its 125 and it seems to be all inclusive, he doesn't state otherwise. however on the website it appears to be higher.

thanks again,

Mike

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2008_R2

It will work with both.