johndstill@gmail.com

**Awesome Server Host**New Timchanging feature & Pre-whitelisted | VILAYER

1. A whitelisted server is a server that is granted access to the hive, while a blacklisted server does not have access to the hive (or is banned from the hive)

2. You don't need a mic or cam for skype, it is mainly a chat program :)

3. Yea you can restart your server and the time just continues to run (the time of the game is attached to the clock on the server).

4. You cannot modify files, add new files (unless approved), kick to make room for clan members or friends, ban for any reason but proven hacking, malicious or racist talk.

5. Lee on skype (lee.netarus) :)

6. Blacklisted servers cannot truly play Dayz because of lack of access to the hive, they are visible, but aren't good servers.

Johnny

Hey Reo' date='

The problem will reside with your ISP.

If you want you can add me to skype and i will run through a few things with you to ensure you get connected.

[/quote']

Current status: @home -> works // @office -> doesn't work (did before the DNS-stuff update)

Tried the google DNS-IP, but doesn't work too.

I'll wait until next week and check it again.

Hi everyone. I'm just wondering: is anyone else is having trouble accessing their server through the ACP? When I click on the IP, nothing happens, and under status it says "undefined."

The server is running.

And after about 2 minutes on teamspeak, problem solved! Thanks Lee!

These guys are great if anyone is looking for a server host :-)

1. A whitelisted server is a server that is granted access to the hive' date=' while a blacklisted server does not have access to the hive (or is banned from the hive)

2. You don't need a mic or cam for skype, it is mainly a chat program :)

3. Yea you can restart your server and the time just continues to run (the time of the game is attached to the clock on the server).

4. You cannot modify files, add new files (unless approved), kick to make room for clan members or friends, ban for any reason but proven hacking, malicious or racist talk.

5. Lee on skype (lee.netarus) :)

6. Blacklisted servers cannot truly play Dayz because of lack of access to the hive, they are visible, but aren't good servers.

Johnny

[/quote']

Hello Johnny 'ol chap!

Thanks again for your wonderful help! And timed response!

I was going to have my server whitelisted, but since I have more 100 people willing to play on my server, and they don't care about starting anew and having a different character on my server, I'm going to password it.

Yet again I have 6 questions :rolleyes:, (If I'm asking too much let me know!! :P)

1. Whom must I contact to determine the day/night cycle?

2. When I rent the server at Vilayer, is it there where I must password my server? - I saw a RCon password & a private password? Which one must I use?

3. I see that there are 4 picks to make at Vilayer arma2, arma2oa, arma2co and arma2dayz - which one must I pick to host DayZ? I'm quite confused, I read that you must use arma2co?

4. Should I pick a normal game server to rent one, or a dedicated one? I don't know the difference between the two or which one is better.

5. Is there anyway I can get my going-to-be blacklisted server whitelisted again? Just asking, since I will spend almost all time of DayZ on my own server...

6. Can I still play on other servers (Whitelisted ones, if my own server get blacklisted?)

These questions went mostly about hosting questions, so these should be the last ones !

BTW Johnny where do you live?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Mike

@Reo

Are you still having issues?

Best Regards,

Lee

@DutchMike

Answer question

1. Your server has GMT-6 set on it as all servers in Europe do. Currently we are not changing server times upon request. (This rule has been set by DayZ devs)

2. You are not allowed to password protect your server (DayZ Rules)

3. You need to pick the relevant Arma2DayZ to order your server, this is an internal structure set so the games don't get split or messed up.

4. A game server is on a shared machine, a dedicated you get full access to. Of course a dedicated server will serve you better and you can run more off it. You also have full access to the server times.

5. Your server wont get blacklisted inless you do something wrong, if you do get blacklisted i can always look at what you have done and get you un-blacklisted.

Please also note that DayZ watch all servers very carefully, so please follow the rules.

6. You can still play on other servers if your own servers get blacklisted.

Best Regards,

Lee

@Reo

Best Regards' date='

Lee

[hr']

@DutchMike

Answer question

1. Your server has GMT-6 set on it as all servers in Europe do. Currently we are not changing server times upon request. (This rule has been set by DayZ devs)

2. You are not allowed to password protect your server (DayZ Rules)

3. You need to pick the relevant Arma2DayZ to order your server, this is an internal structure set so the games don't get split or messed up.

4. A game server is on a shared machine, a dedicated you get full access to. Of course a dedicated server will serve you better and you can run more off it. You also have full access to the server times.

5. Your server wont get blacklisted inless you do something wrong, if you do get blacklisted i can always look at what you have done and get you un-blacklisted.

Please also note that DayZ watch all servers very carefully, so please follow the rules.

6. You can still play on other servers if your own servers get blacklisted.

Best Regards,

Lee

Hello Lee, thanks for the enlightening answers!

Ok most of it I understand now,

But there is 1 thing - I know that on request server times won't be changed.

So the time here in NL must be exact with the time in-game?

Since the 1st reason (And most important) for me to rent a server is that I want it to be daylight when it's evening/night here - NL, since I have very busy days and can only play in the evening/night and don't want to play constantly in servers that are night.

1. So if I get this straight - a dedicated server lets me change server times?

2. And a normal game server, you/DayZ devs decide the time? - Is it possible to change time on the normal servers, to make it so that it is daylight in server when it is dark/evening here (NL)? - Or is this not possible?

If you would please to answer this last question, for this is the most important one and will make myself decide yes/no normal/dedicated.

Best of the best regards!

Mike

Mike,

For regular servers all we have to do is set the box to GMT-6 and you should be ok. We have done that for other clients :)

Johnny

Mike' date='

For regular servers all we have to do is set the box to GMT-6 and you should be ok. We have done that for other clients :)

Johnny

[/quote']

Hey Johnny, still am suprised by the speed you contact back :p

How are you today then?

Ok regular servers, is -6, and on dedicated servers? Or are they the same?

Speak to you in about a minute :rolleyes:

Mike

@Reo

@home: works perfectly

@office: no response (worked before the service update)

Hey Mike,

If you get a dedicated, all you do is set the time on the box to whatever you want. If you want to change it on a regular server, just message us on skype or live chat and we can change the time on a slotted server.

Johnny

Do you need a RCon program to send out server warnings before restarts ect?

Cheers.

Hmm, I tried that. I keep getting the error `Could not connect to server`.

Oh well, I shall look for information about it.

Cheers

Hey Mike' date='

If you get a dedicated, all you do is set the time on the box to whatever you want. If you want to change it on a regular server, just message us on skype or live chat and we can change the time on a slotted server.

Johnny

[/quote']

Hey Johnny boy :p

Ok good to know, but what do you mean with slotted server?

I think I'm gonna go for a dedicated server, that way the speed should also improve and I then have full control.

E80.90 is quite a lot, but considering the amounts of times I play in the dark, it is more then acceptable, and with dedicated I can change time immediately.

BTW Is Vilayer also operational in the weekend?

Payment should be finished next week thursday or friday, so I'm hoping my server comes online next weekend, that would be awesome.

Well Johnny that about wraps it up,

I'm going for a dedicated one.

Is there anything else I need to know when I'm hosting a server?

Best regards from "lil 'ol Holland!

Mike

Hmm' date=' I tried that. I keep getting the error `Could not connect to server`.

Oh well, I shall look for information about it.

Cheers

[/quote']

I get the same error, following the wiki instructions. I have the password properly in the correct file. Is there perhaps a specific port to use?

@ Mike, you're all set :)

@iHighland and company

You guys need to check the password in your BE password setting. Its located in the cfgdayz folder. You set your RCON pass there

Johnny

@ Mike' date=' you're all set :)

@iHighland and company

You guys need to check the password in your BE password setting. Its located in the cfgdayz folder. You set your RCON pass there

Johnny

[/quote']

Hey Johnny thanks, wel ALMOST set up :p, a few other questions popped into my mind, when checking the dedicated server at Vilayer,

1. I know that passwording isn't allowed (it will be blacklisted) - but is it possible? (I really want it to be, doesn't matter if it will be blacklisted)

2. At Vilayer at configure server there stands:

Hostname (I understand this one :P)

NS1 Prefix

NS2 Prefix

Root Password

What are the last 3?

3. What operating system should the server/pc I'm renting using? I see multiple kinds like Ubuntu and Fedora? (32 or 64 bit?)

4. The IP Range allocation? What is this? - Should I pick 'No Additional IP Addresses'? Or pick 4 Useable IP's? (RIPE Block /30)

5. Does the Network Speed need to be upgraded to 1GB/s or pick the one that's chosen? - 100MB/s

5. So if I get it straight, if I rent a dedicated server - I can change time manually?

And If I rent a regular one, Vilayer does that for me? (Only 1 time pick I know:idea:)

6. Is the speed in connecting/gaming faster with a dedicated server? - Read about this but not so sure.

7. Is there any way to enable Side Channel chat again? - Or was this totally removed by beta?

8. If I get a dedicated one, must I install DayZ/BETA or Vilayer?

9. If I buy the server, and payment is received, how long will it take for the server to come online? (Vilayer is also operational in the weekend?)

Those were the questions, thank you very much again in advance, I know I'm quite a burden, but do not know to whom else to turn, since you all respond at light speed :shy:

Regards of the best,

Ekim

Hello,

@DutchMike

Okay passwording your server is possible but as stated if your server gets blacklisted this is something that you will have to resolve.

Hostname = Name of the server

ns1 = anything

ns2 = anything

Root password = the main password to access the server remote desktop, please note you need to choose windows upon ordering a dedicated server for DayZ to run.

3. As stated above you need to order Windows Web Edition 2008 R2 64bit minimum.

4. The IP Range allocation? What is this?

Arma2 only supports the main server ip address ( Internet Protocol Address ) you pick the standard which is on the order form, NO ADDITION IP ADDRESSES.

5A.With network speed it's upto you,

100mbps is standard, 1Gb/s is better

5B. If you choose a dedicated server you can change the time however if DayZ detect more time changes on your server, your server will be blacklisted. You are really only allowed to change the time once every 48/72 hours.

6. All of our DayZ servers connect extremely fast whether it's on a dedicated or standard slot based service (It's all down to the hive and what it is doing).

7. As for the chat, you will need to contact the DayZ devs to get this enabled or speak with them about it.

8. You are in full control of DayZ we will upload the files for you but you must 100% control the servers / services that run on these machines, These are self managed servers, not managed. Please be fully aware of this!

9. It states the time of setup on our website, All of your questions have been answered within these forums or our website.

If you look on the right hand side it states 24/72 hours setup.

Best Regards,

Lee

Hello' date='

@DutchMike

Okay passwording your server is possible but as stated if your server gets blacklisted this is something that you will have to resolve.

Hostname = Name of the server

ns1 = anything

ns2 = anything

Root password = the main password to access the server remote desktop, please note you need to choose windows upon ordering a dedicated server for DayZ to run.

3. As stated above you need to order Windows Web Edition 2008 R2 64bit minimum.

4. The IP Range allocation? What is this?

Arma2 only supports the main server ip address ( Internet Protocol Address ) you pick the standard which is on the order form, NO ADDITION IP ADDRESSES.

5A.With network speed it's upto you,

100mbps is standard, 1Gb/s is better

5B. If you choose a dedicated server you can change the time however if DayZ detect more time changes on your server, your server will be blacklisted. You are really only allowed to change the time once every 48/72 hours.

6. All of our DayZ servers connect extremely fast whether it's on a dedicated or standard slot based service (It's all down to the hive and what it is doing).

7. As for the chat, you will need to contact the DayZ devs to get this enabled or speak with them about it.

8. You are in full control of DayZ we will upload the files for you but you must 100% control the servers / services that run on these machines, These are self managed servers, not managed. Please be fully aware of this!

9. It states the time of setup on our website, All of your questions have been answered within these forums or our website.

If you look on the right hand side it states 24/72 hours setup.

Best Regards,

Lee

[/quote']

Hello Lee, thanks again for the amazing response,

I already made a transfer to PayPal, and it is already on the account.

Ok so I'm going to password it, which means it will be blacklisted,

1. Is there are LARGE difference between the (Operating Systems) Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Edition & Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition? Do I even need the Standard Edition?

2. Will the DayZ team even bother to talk with me about enabling chat in-game? (Since my server will be most definitely blacklisted) - And I've read that contacting them may even take a month (Someone that was hosting a server from own pc)

3. NS1 Prefix + NS2 Prefix - What is best to fill in here?

4. (8) I must 100% control the services/servers, how exactly do I do that? Is there anything I need to know? (Since I've never hosted a server and this is the only question I have no clue about :p) - If you could fill me in a little... that would be most appreciated...

5. Is the 100MB/s the same speed as on the regular servers?

6. Where do I password the server?

7. So who must install DayZ/BETA with a dedicated one? (You upload the files needed? - Was a bit unclear)

Ok Lee, I'm looking forward to hearing from you again,

Please accept my apologies, since I searched but most of the questions I did not find.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, (And of course best regards :P)

Mike

Mike, most of your questions are Lee's domain, I'll let him know to reply.

But you should know that not having a whitelisted server you miss out on a lot of things: saving from one server to the next, updates pushed through the hive and whatnot. I don't think you will enjoy a server that is not on the whitelist.

Johnny

Is it possible to change the timezone of the server on your servers? I'd like to buy a europe server, but I want to change the timezone on it. Is this possible?

yes it is capsup' date=' most of our EU clients have requested a GMT-6 timezone

Johnny

[/quote']

I added you on steam and have ordered a server. Looking forward to it.