johndstill@gmail.com

**Awesome Server Host**New Timchanging feature & Pre-whitelisted | VILAYER

haha, yes. I was in ACP just a few moments ago. There are still a few servers that are getting the update. It shouldn't be long now as Lee has been working all day servicing the boxes :)

Johnny

Hello,

Today we've released a massive update to our cloud, moving all DNS based servers.

This is the last phase of our network upgrade, Your ISP may have slow dns server updates.

To correct this i recommend moving your dns servers to OpenDNS at www.opendns.org

Also the new support Teamspeak 3 is online.

You can connect to it via the following details.

94.242.227.50:9987 - ts3.vilayer.com:9987

Please join if you require support.

Best Regards,

Lee

Hello everyone,

Due to the DNS update we've found that a small amount of people with ISP who maintain their own DNS services have not updated their DNS to resolve to the new ip addresses.

To bypass this i recommend everyone uses OpenDNS,

Please follow these instructions,

Mac OS X

Go to System Preferences.

Click on Network.

Select the first connection in your list and click Advanced.

Select the DNS tab and add 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 to the list of DNS servers.

Click OK

Windows 7

Click the Start Orb, then select Control Panel.

Click on Network and Sharing Center.

Click on your primary connection or Local Area Connection under Active Networks.

Click the Properties button.

Windows 7 may prompt you for permission to make network setting changes.

Highlight 'Internet Protocol Version 4' and click Properties.

Click the radio button 'Use the following DNS server addresses:' and type 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.

Click OK button, then the Close button, then Close again. Finally, close the Network and Sharing Center window.

At this point, we highly suggest that you flush your DNS resolver cache and web browser caches to ensure that your new configuration settings take effect.

Windows XP

Select Control Panel from the Start menu.

Click Network Connections from the Control Panel choices.

Choose your connection from the Network Connections window.

If you have more than one, choose your default/current connection.

Click Properties button.

Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.

Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and type 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.

Click OK

Windows Vista

Click the Start Orb, then select Control Panel.

Click on View network status and tasks.

Click on View status.

Click the Properties button.

Vista may ask for your permission to make changes. If so, click the Continue button.

Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click the Properties button.

Click the radio button "Use the following DNS server addresses:" and type in OpenDNS addresses, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.

Click the OK button, then the Close button, and the Close button again. Close the Network and Sharing Center window.

Generic Router

Open the preferences for your router.

Often, the preferences are set in your web browser, via a URL with numbers (example: http://192.168.0.1). You may need a password.

If you're like us, and you set the router password long ago and cannot remember it now, you can often reset the password to the manufacturer default by pressing a button on the router itself.

Or preferences may be set via specific application for your router, which you installed on your computer when you added the router.

Find the DNS server settings.

Scan for the letters DNS next to a field which allows two or three sets of numbers, each broken into four groups of one to three numbers.

Put in the OpenDNS server addresses, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, as your DNS server settings and save/apply.

Linksys Router

Visit the router's IP address in a new browser window.

http://192.168.1.1 is the default Linksys router IP address.

Enter the Network password.

The "Enter Network Password" window will appear. Skip user name and type the router's password (admin is the default password, if you haven't changed it) and click the OK button.

Type in OpenDNS addresses, 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220, in Static DNS 1 and Static DNS 2 fields.

Click Save Settings button.

Netgear Router

Type the router's setup URL (http://www.routerlogin.net, http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1) into a web browser address bar.

http://192.168.1.1 is the default Netgear router IP address.

Enter the password.

Type in OpenDNS addresses, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, in Primary DNS and Secondary DNS fields.

Click Apply button.

Wait for the settings to be updated.

D-Link Router

Visit the router's IP address (http://192.168.0.1) in a new browser window.

If you are attempting to configure a D-Link router, take note of your computer's Default Gateway IP address. The Default Gateway is the IP address of the D-Link router. By default, it should be 192.168.0.1. Most D-Link devices use the 192.168.0.X range.

Enter the router password.

Note: if you have not changed the original settings, the default username is admin and the password is blank (nothing).

Click on the Manual Internet Connection Setup button at the bottom.

Enter the OpenDNS addresses, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, in Primary DNS Server and Secondary DNS Server fields.

Click Save Settings button at the top.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just want to let you guys know these guys are excellent.Recently day z has decided no server can exist with under 40 slot's.Due to this a lot of our servers would have to be shut down(myne included it was only 25 man) however lee has decided to absorb the cost and has upped any of our servers under 40 slots up to 40 slot's instead of passing on the cost to us the customers.

I spent a few hours talking to lee and some of the other server admin this weekend in teamspeak and i also cannot get across how good this guy is hes sorted my server hes uped it from 25 to 40 slots at his own expense and hes managing all my updates for me.Yes sometimes it does take a little while to get support but hopefully with the new ts support service this will improve things majorley aside from the some times slow support though these guys have been a dream hosting company for me

stef

Okay,

All servers running stable at 1.7.1.5 with the latest Arma2OA patch.

Happy Fraggin :)

Best Regards,

Lee

If anyone has any questions' date=' just lemme know

Johnny

[/quote']

Good day, Johnny

Could you care to answer to a few of my questions?

Note that I'm completely new to hosting/renting servers.

I am planning to rent one at Vilayer, like you recommended,

1. Does the rented server require anything (harddisk free space, etc) from my pc?

2. Am I abled to enable vehicles? (Especially helicopters)

3. Am I abled to change the time of day? - One of the foremost reason for thinking about renting a server (The servers I try to join, are low in player population, but it is always night/dark, which makes it impossible for me to play since I have busy days and mostly play only in evening/night).

4. Am I abled to ban players? (Not what I will do, but just asking)

5. Is there anything I need to know before hosting a server or while hosting server?

6. How much control of the server do you have? (Spawning, things like that - no cheating intended)

Thank you very, very much in advance, I'm surely looking forward for your reply since this mod has taken my greatest interest, In my opinion, the BEST zombie game/mod ever created.

Best regards,

Mike

@Lee/John:

Since you updated the service I'm not able to access my ACP. I did that DNS stuff but still "takes too long to answer bla bla"...

Any idea?

Hey Reo,

The problem will reside with your ISP.

If you want you can add me to skype and i will run through a few things with you to ensure you get connected.

@DutchMike

1. Does the rented server require anything (harddisk free space, etc) from my pc?

No nothing from your pc is required

Vehicles are automatically enabled but as for helicopters this is down to the DayZ devs, if your server is extremely popular i cant see why they wouldn't enable it.

3. Am I abled to change the time of day?

We will change the time for you if required, most server owners find that sticking to the local timezone is fine for them.

4. Am I abled to ban players?

If you have correct and proper proof, yes you can ban players.

You can not however just ban players for any old reason as i am sure you are aware.

5. Is there anything I need to know before hosting a server or while hosting server?

Not really,

You will get provisioned a server, then once your server is only you can play and enjoy.

6. How much control of the server do you have?

You get full 100% control over the entire server, however we do not condone anyform of cheating etc.... as i am sure you are aware.

Best Regards,

Lee

@Lee/John:

Since you updated the service I'm not able to access my ACP. I did that DNS stuff but still "takes too long to answer bla bla"...

Any idea?

i have the same problem :(

you must add the Google DNS.

first dns: 8.8.8.8

second dns: 8.8.4.4

Hello,

We don't control the DNS servers of any other DNS provider.

Google updates every 86400 seconds, So await an update and i am sure you will be able to connect.

This is why i recommended OpenDNS.

Best Regards,

Lee

Hey Reo' date='

If you want you can add me to skype and i will run through a few things with you to ensure you get connected.

@DutchMike

Vehicles are automatically enabled but as for helicopters this is down to the DayZ devs, if your server is extremely popular i cant see why they wouldn't enable it.

We will change the time for you if required, most server owners find that sticking to the local timezone is fine for them.

You can not however just ban players for any old reason as i am sure you are aware.

Not really,

You will get provisioned a server, then once your server is only you can play and enjoy.

You get full 100% control over the entire server, however we do not condone anyform of cheating etc.... as i am sure you are aware.

Best Regards,

Lee

[/quote']

Thank you very much for the very quick response that cleared up a lot of things!

I just talked it over with some of my friends, and I was going to have it passworded, but I decided not to, so to give the EU fellow people a daylight server.

I do have additional questions If you would care to answer them,

(You already helped out a lot!)

1. Can I enable the side channel for communication?

With the new beta/dayz, it is disabled and the world has become a full on bandit world - via this I will encourage others to work together instead of everyone shooting on sight.

2. How exactly can I 'convince' the devs to enable helicopters? - is this not something that I should be able to choose?

3. Is it possible to keep the server at a constant time of day? - Example constantly at 12-13 o'clock? - Am I, myself enabled to change it in-game, like in the singleplayer practice? Since I could get a feeling of wanting to play in the dark night, but since I play mostly in the night/evening (Busy days), contacting you would take a day, or less.

4. Although I will have 100% control, what does that 'control' mean, when I'm hosting? (No idea about what kind of control)

5. Is it possible to host a 20 player server? When I play I don't want a over-crowded server, and was I intending to play only with friends, but I wanted to give EU a daylight server.

6. How much times a day should I restart the server? - Or is this something that you do?

Well again 6 questions :p

Thank you very, very much again in advance!

My reasons to hire a server just got 90% more likely.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Mike

5. Is it possible to host a 20 player server? When I play I don't want a over-crowded server, and was I intending to play only with friends, but I wanted to give EU a daylight server.

Yeh is it Possible ?

Only 40+ slots will be whitelisted afaik

Hey Reo' date='

@DutchMike

Not really,

Best Regards,

Lee

[/quote']

Thank you very much for the very quick response that cleared up a lot of things!

I just talked it over with some of my friends, and I was going to have it passworded, but I decided not to, so to give the EU fellow people a daylight server.

With the new beta/dayz, it is disabled and the world has become a full on bandit world - via this I will encourage others to work together instead of everyone shooting on sight.

2. How exactly can I 'convince' the devs to enable helicopters? - is this not something that I should be able to choose?

3. Is it possible to keep the server at a constant time of day? - Example constantly at 12-13 o'clock? - Am I, myself enabled to change it in-game, like in the singleplayer practice? Since I could get a feeling of wanting to play in the dark night, but since I play mostly in the night/evening (Busy days), contacting you would take a day, or less.

4. Although I will have 100% control, what does that 'control' mean, when I'm hosting? (No idea about what kind of control)

6. How much times a day should I restart the server? - Or is this something that you do?

Mike

1. Unfortunately, the side channel is disabled per the beta, they are working out a way to enable it currently.

2. Its not a matter of convincing the devs to enable the helos. Its more based on them developing them to be less buggy. The do expect to have them out soon.

3. Per DayZ rules you must have a day/night cycle

4. You have the ability to restart, reinstall, edit your files and configuration. Our admin panel is very advanced and has much to offer.

5. Currently, DayZ devs require a minimum of 40 slots. Though if you have concerns with that just add lee.netarus on skype and he can help you out with that

6. We recommend a restart every 6 hours. Our admin panel has an automatic restart function :)

Johnny

Hey Reo' date='

@DutchMike

Not really,

Best Regards,

Lee

[/quote']

Mike

1. Unfortunately, the side channel is disabled per the beta, they are working out a way to enable it currently.

2. Its not a matter of convincing the devs to enable the helos. Its more based on them developing them to be less buggy. The do expect to have them out soon.

3. Per DayZ rules you must have a day/night cycle

4. You have the ability to restart, reinstall, edit your files and configuration. Our admin panel is very advanced and has much to offer.

5. Currently, DayZ devs require a minimum of 40 slots. Though if you have concerns with that just add lee.netarus on skype and he can help you out with that

6. We recommend a restart every 6 hours. Our admin panel has an automatic restart function :)

Johnny

Well that was certainly a quick response :p

I'd like to thank you very, very much! You've certainly helped out a lot!

I am setting up a PayPal account to rent a server as we speak, I expect to have it running this week.

Also I have 3 more questions if you would care to answer them,

1. How fast is the payment processed? - Will I receive the server immediately after the payment?

2. How long will it take for the server to come online/whitelisted? (I am renting 40 population server - which will be passworded since I have more then 100 people wanting to play on the server)

3. Can you change the time of day when I contact you? Or it is 1 pick forever?

Well that about wraps it up, I can't believe the quick response though, at least now when I rent a server I know who to turn to, when waiting for an response from a company here you can wait almost a week!

Thank you very much again!

Best of regards!

Mike :D

3. I mean, who must I contact to determine the day/night cycle? I want a server that is daylight when it's evening and night in here in little 'old NL

Dang forgot these, sorry man!

4. How do I communicate with the players in-game and vice versa?

5. Can I keep changing the server name according to it's latest DayZ + Beta?

6. Who will install the DayZ + Beta into the server when there is an update? It that me or Vilayer?

7. Do you recommend branding? Since I'll be more then happy to sponsor Yilayer

DutchMike your not allowed to password servers its in the rules

You will want your server clock putting back 6 hours as i have' date=' you need to contact Lee for that

[/quote']

Ah ok good to know that. Thank you

But how do I make a player limitation then? Since the server will be daylight when it's night here and it will be full at the time I can play, I see multiple servers with a password, why exactly is this forbidden, since you are the person renting it?

I think when your logged in as admin you can use global chat

Yes keep the server name up to date this will be in your server.cfg

Vilayer will update your server with every new patch that comes out

Branding is personal choice

Rocket does not allow passwording, as you can essentially "cheat" at the game by farming gear. Whether or not you agree, your server will be blacklisted if you password it.

They used to allow admins to kick people randomly for clan members, but this is no longer allowed. There is some talk that in the future they will allow reserve slots, but that remains to be seen.

You can setup and order a Arma2 (DayZ) gaming server, but the server specs are not listed. Could you please take the time to post something like that so we can compare that option to dedicated server option.

Downside' date=' just log in to live chat on the site and we can pass you our new server specs :)

Johnny

[/quote']

Hello Johnny, it's the tiring Mike here :p

Again I have some questions, If you would care to answer them:

1. What is the difference between blacklisted and whitelisted server?

I read that you have a different character that is not usable in the whitelisted server (To prevent exploiting)

2. You recommended me to add Lee on Skype, unfortunately I don't have a mic and also no cam. And he was the one I should talk about the player limit om my going-to-be server? Since I read that locking your server or passwording it gets you blacklisted (Which is fine by me, since you have a different character? And can still join other servers?) Because I don't want a FULLY overcrowded server, since a day server during the evening/night will be most wanted. I want to have like 15 maybe 20 people

3. Can I manually restart the server? - Is the time reverted to the starting time or does the time keep running?

4. And what can I do the admin rights? I read on some forums that you almost have no control, and editing it gets you blacklisted?

5. Whom must I contact to determine the time of day during which time? Or is this done automatically?

6. Is a blacklisted server visible in the multiplayer server selection screen?

Sorry for asking so many questions :p

But couldn't find ANY info about hosting a server.

Once again thank you very much (in advance) for answering my questions, these should be the last I would add :D

Best of the best regards,

Mike