diepepsi@gmail.com

Zombie Spawning - Increase range to 1000-1800m (max view distance)

Right now, I think you need to be within ~300m to have zombies spawn at structures. What this means, is that I can set out at 400-600-800-1000m and just look for zombies, to see if players are around. This tends to mean I spawn into a server, aim my AS50 at points of interest, and wait for zombies to appear. Afterall, to me, that is all they are at over 300m away, player indicators.

This isnt very even for the players running into the town. They see the lack of zombies, telling them no players are around.

I think you need to increase zombie spawns to max view distance from players. This way, snipers have something they can snip besides players at empty towns. Also, it allows players to not carry a large glowing torch with them where ever they go (aka, zombie spawns.)

Yep, needs to happen.

-Micah

• Like 19

would waste server resources spawning zombies that nobody is going to interact with just because someone passed within view distance of a town. Not a good idea please think of the technical aspect.

• Like 3

+1

Any zombie spawning structure within visual range should spawn zombies to a player. The reason I saw visual range is because that means not every town is suddenly full of zeds. Maybe put them in an 'idle' state until the players get into 300 metres, where the zeds do not run their detection routine, just random pathing to decrease server load.

This is a problem with cars, too, since it's possible to just roll up into a town, get out, quickly loot a supermarket, then drive off before any zeds spawn.

would waste server resources spawning zombies that nobody is going to interact with just because someone passed within view distance of a town. Not a good idea please think of the technical aspect.

+1 To this guy ^^^

• Like 2

obviously no. It will ruin the game for snipers, so no.

Edited by Roboserg

All I heard was "I won't be able to kill everybody for no reason"

Edited by drseptapus
  • Like 1

What server resources? Zombies spawned for a player are managed by that player's computer. The only time the server has to spend resources on zombies is when a player abruptly leaves an area, usually by disconnect, and even then, the server basically ignores the zombies until it can despawn them.

I absolutely agree with the reasoning, but I fear that the mod will not be able to handle the additional server load. If there is a way to make this happen without killing performance, it should imo.

hi,

Mixed feeling here. OP has a point, I use the zombie spawn to reveal other players in towns aswell and it's too easy to spot someone. In other hands, if you increase the spawn radius you will have serious performance problems. If you increase the spawn radius you must decrease zombie number.

cya.

Nikiller.

fuck you and your snipers. zombies shouldnt be an indicator that someone is in that city that you are sniping from a 1km. in "real" life they will be there regardless if there is someone around or not.

fuck you and your snipers. zombies shouldnt be an indicator that someone is in that city that you are sniping from a 1km. in "real" life they will be there regardless if there is someone around or not.

IRL people dont server hop. Fix server hopping, then we can talk about fixing zeds. People just pop out out of the thin air on fire stations etc killing you. How is that for realism ?

As well as the maximum distance, I reckon the minimum distance zombies spawn away from players should be increased. No more clearing out a town to find all the zombies have appeared again while you're still in it

+1 To this guy ^^^

I believe Rocket made an update a few of weeks ago which would allow much more zombies, but seeing as he hasn't made use of it yet i'm sure this suggestion is totally possible

IRL people dont server hop. Fix server hopping, then we can talk about fixing zeds. People just pop out out of the thin air on fire stations etc killing you. How is that for realism ?

this is not about server hoping. its about zombies spawn that indicates players nearby. i play on "serverhopproof" server, so i dont care about that.

Yeah, sure. Let's spawn a shitload of zombies whenever you're two kilometers from a town - that'll help the framerate.

This is all I ever do anymore. Look at the next town or my horizon to find players. I wouldn't mind a fix here. I do assume that the server should have a harder time dealing with the new load of zombies.

If you dont like zed spawning that this game is not for you. Play another game / mod

And fixing the zed spawn range is a simple fix. Fixing server hopping obviously is not. So just because one problem exists the other should as well? Your logic is terrible.

Zed spawn range should be set to 1800m minimum, and if people are within 1800m from any direction in a town or city, they need to spawn in the entire town or city. The way it is set up now is beyond boring. Wait for the zeds to spawn and then start looking for people. Also don't forget the drive a vehicle into a town and loot everything before zeds have an opportunity to spawn strategy as well. Increasing the range to 1800m+ would be a major game change that would be welcome among most that have a clue how to survive in DayZ already, while having no negative effect on the newer players joining on the coast.

+1

If you dont like zed spawning that this game is not for you. Play another game / mod

Methinks you misread. We are saying to increase zombie spawn.