WarZ

It's coming ............

If the game needs to piggy back off of DayZ's success then I have my doubts it will be good. Time will tell.

Any zombie game is better than this crap. This is nothing but a "hide in the woods and plink noob fest game" it's stupid, empty, i cannot express how many times i kicked myself in the ass for getting sucked in buying this from steam.

WarZ looks way better than this side show!

First off... I love Day Z.

Does this mean I should hate every other game in the genre, I think not. All the hate War Z is getting is a bit ridiculous. It's the usual fanboy mentality, like BF<->CoD etc. Why not try it when/ if it comes out. You might like it, who knows?

I do however think it's very cheap to try and steal "our" Day Z's thunder.

First time poster, so please show me some much deserved hate...

I can't WAIT to play that game. Why bother finding a backpack when you can just buy one! Out of food and drink? Just a buck or two and you're all set!

That is sooooooo cool.

Dont forget guys, you can avoid permadeath with money!!

• Like 1

I thought competition was always good for innovation. It is probably safe to assume that warZ and dayZ are going to be two totally different animals. I would rather not judge a game by 4 screen shots and an interview though. I can guarantee the $30 barrier to entry will keep me waiting for a free trial though.

Also it is a wee ignorant to hate on a modification that is in alpha. Jesus, its like some people have never played a pc mod before. Half-Life mods anyone? Counter-Strike barely worked when it was in early beta.

COOL TROLL BRO.

Didn't your mom give you beans when you were still a baby?

Guys. WarZ is just thoughts on paper and a few pretty screenshots.

www.thewarz.com

If they are asking for people to sign up to the CB, then I'm pretty sure it's more than just "thoughts on paper".

This vague thread will probably be moved, but in the meantime, I will hop in and discuss. Alot of people are saying that WarZ is just some concept art fantasy or whatever. After reading what I could find about the game, I think what it actually is, is a half-baked MMO with equally half-baked combat and enemy design (this seems to be a hard prerequisite for MMOs) that decided that It wanted to be like Day Z and cater to its audience. They probably do already have a prototype to mess around with (hence the screenshots), but I bet that it is not a real FPS engine. It probably plays like an MMO, which dooms it if that is the case in my opinion.

That's what she said....

US Version of Day Z?

So what it's LA instead of Chenarus?

And when you die...you respawn.... Because life always gives you second chances?

Oddly enough I like the idea of the selling shit. It'll be nice to sell some of the crap I find to make a quick buck. Then maybe buy ALL THE AMMO!!! to kill ALL THE ZOMBIES!!! and keep ALL THE PLAYERS at bay.

From reading I dont like the casual points WarZ is trying to convey with *hardcore servers* Will this stop me from playing "no" will I go in with a grain of salt and high expectations "yes". It better bring alot to the table as I have a feeling its already going to be a micro transaction pay to win game.

I hope this title does come out and culls the herd here. Yeah I said it... you know who you are. DayZ in concept is the right game for me, we will see if Rocket pulls it off, if not i'll go without as much as a whimper.

Arguing over which is a better game, one that is in Alpha Testing, and one that is, as of now, just a few screenshots, is a pointless exercise.

When Both of them release fully, I'll probably play them both, and then (and only then) will I decide which one I like better.

www.thewarz.com

If they are asking for people to sign up to the CB, then I'm pretty sure it's more than just "thoughts on paper".

So have you played it yet? Have they released a video with gameplay yet? No? Maybe they should if this game has been in development longer, and probably using war inc's platform. How come thus game doesn't even have a proper website? Psh.

Do you believe Hype every time it's fed to you? Until we get solid proof of a stable, working, non-fabricated game.. I might begin to believe you.

It's Coming .......

The infestation begins this fall

That's what she said.

You're all morons for hating on a game for apparently copying DayZ, although WarZ started developement without even hearing of DayZ, and honestly, who gives a fuck?, DayZ cant even do a few simple things right, that the WarZ might, such as giving players an option to participate in PvP servers or not, and making it so the fucking zombies cant fuck-walk through a wall.

Everyone whos hating on WarZ's logic is summed up as "They Copied it, so it sucks"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll notice that sometimes this trope is invoked not

only

by

rival fans

and

trolly haters

, but people who actually aren't fans of the genre, even so much as

hating it in its entirety

. You'll notice that when people are typically not fans of a genre or series, similar to its cousin

It's the Same, so It Sucks

. The two almost go hand-in-hand, this way, since a non-fan would not really notice how many subtle differences since, after all, they see it and aren't looking for that stuff, that is,

if they actually see the work they're invoking this trope, on

. Sometimes people are actually calling out things based upon

meta-concepts

of the genre.

You forgot the hate it because of the micro transactions in a fucking survival game ^.^

Looking forward to seeing what this is gona be like one thing i would say is there is very little info that i have found on this game .

www.thewarz.com

Might not be. Fallout online had beta signups on their site years ago. Never saw anything release there did we?

Warz is probably coming tho, but I find it suspicious that the beta is announced to be right around the corner, yet their website has NO info about the game. All we've seen is a couple of screenshots from a press release and some concept art, which they stole from walking dead and photoshopped.

I know I come across as negative on this, but I would think we'd have loads of info and some flythrough videos by now if the beta is like 1 month away. Besides, not many games go for beta after 1 year in development. It all just sounds fishy.

Trust me, I'm aware of WarZ. I've even registered for it myself.

As much as I'm looking forward to give it a try, it's a softcore version of what DayZ is. So I won't be leaving DayZ for WarZ.

I thought competition was always good for innovation. It is probably safe to assume that warZ and dayZ are going to be two totally different animals. I would rather not judge a game by 4 screen shots and an interview though. I can guarantee the $30 barrier to entry will keep me waiting for a free trial though.

Also it is a wee ignorant to hate on a modification that is in alpha. Jesus, its like some people have never played a pc mod before. Half-Life mods anyone? Counter-Strike barely worked when it was in early beta.

Competition is good. What would Bugatti be doing if they didn't have the 2016 Volkswagen Beetle to worry about? It drives Bugatti to make a better car and that's a good thing. Sure, they look identical from a few kilometers away on a foggy day with your eyes mostly closed and sure Volkswagen has openly said they cruised the Bugatti forums for inspiration for their press release. And sure their press release had a few conceptualized drawings rather than actual pictures, that doesn't mean the car is worse than the Bugatti! It just means.. that they really want to ride the Bugatti coattails and hopefully milk a bunch of Bugatti fans through pre-orders for a car no one has driven or seen in person.

Quit your WarZ hating fellas. It's going to be awesome like the Bugatti.. .but not as good in most ways.. and with a magic trunk and interdimensional gas tank.

wtf i was gonna play this game, but i didnt know that u could buy stuff with real money and there were non pvp servers, this games gonna suck ass

WarZ looks like garbage, but atleast some of the kiddies will move on to it and leave dayz (:

You're all morons for hating on a game for apparently copying DayZ, although WarZ started developement without even hearing of DayZ, and honestly, who gives a fuck?, DayZ cant even do a few simple things right, that the WarZ might, such as giving players an option to participate in PvP servers or not, and making it so the fucking zombies cant fuck-walk through a wall.

Everyone whos hating on WarZ's logic is summed up as "They Copied it, so it sucks"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll notice that sometimes this trope is invoked not

only

by

rival fans

and

trolly haters

, but people who actually aren't fans of the genre, even so much as

hating it in its entirety

. You'll notice that when people are typically not fans of a genre or series, similar to its cousin

It's the Same, so It Sucks

. The two almost go hand-in-hand, this way, since a non-fan would not really notice how many subtle differences since, after all, they see it and aren't looking for that stuff, that is,

if they actually see the work they're invoking this trope, on

. Sometimes people are actually calling out things based upon

meta-concepts

of the genre.

Servers with no PvP? that is HUGE fail. Atleast the nubs have somewhere to go now!

The War Z might do some things better then DAYZ but it sure as hell is also goign to do things alto worse.

it sounds like a Deadspace/Left4Dead versino of DAYZ to me, no thanks.

Not to mention you can buy items, Pay to play... awesome!

Edited by kozzy

Out of ammo?

Where's my credit card info.

Bypass permadeath?

Where's my credit card info.

If only Rocket would add a marketplace to DayZ, I'm sick and tired of having to search for NVGs, like the rest of the poor, jobless losers...

• Like 1