A Bush killed me

No Respawn button now? /sigh

HELL YES!

Immersion all the way. Remove the respawn button. Anything that makes people value their lives more is worth it.

I only see benefits from this!

• Like 2

There are some benefits and drawbacks to this.

Benefit: Less strain on servers obviously. Also it increases your incentive for staying alive as you never know where you might respawn next. I'll gladly admit that I've taken advantage of the respawn when I've been badly wounded or become low on food/water/blood and just crawled to a bush near the coast, fired off my Enfield and let the zombies eat me... then I chain-respawn until I am close, run back to corpse and loot full set of equipment. Not so anymore... at least it will take alot longer, especially if I respawn away from an immediate zombie area.

Drawbacks: Harder to meet up with friends is an obvious one, especially if all of you are just starting out fresh.

I have to add though... in the start, do you really need/want to meet up with your friend within the first 30 minutes of playing? There is really no advantage to having 2 players, both lacking food and water and neither having weapons, running around together. In fact, it just makes things more difficult plus you will be more visible when running around.

In all honesty, until both have gotten some food and water supplies, and at least one has gotten a gun... you don't really need or want to be teamed up together. In fact, by running around to meet up you waste valuabe time on your thirst-o-meter when you should have been rummaging some houses for a soda.

So overall... I think it's a good change. Less server strain and more incentive to keep yourself alive rather than (ab?)using game mechanics to quickly recover gear or run back to a specific location.

This is a terrible idea. I can run to the nearest zombie and just let it kill me instead.

It's already bad that you can't choose your spawn location; solve the problem by letting players choose which location to spawn in. Since the coast is 100% safe, all spawning in a bad location means is that you have to waste a lot of time running to your friend. Unless the coast is going to be dangerous or fun in some way, this is a mechanic that will just waste people's time.

• Like 1

so if i want to play with friends I'll have to put something heavy on the w key and do something else for half an hour now.

alright...

Cry more. If they're actually your friends they'll meet you half way, won't they? Maybe if you spent less time dying you'd spend less time crying?

I think this is a good change for a number of reasons, the number one being it is making the Counterstrike Z players cry about it so it has to be a good change.

Edited by random51

This thread is full of gold, and for a change that will not affect anything.

OMG this game is hard I will post a rage thread on the forums. FYI, there are plenty of other games where you can choose your spawn or have a set spawn, this is not one of them. If you don't like the game just don't play it, it's that simple.

Waaah! My feet hurt. I had to run a few kilometers!

Only career gamers could possibly be so fucking lazy that they won't even run virtually.

Can always count on ZDB for some good laughs :)

This is a terrible idea. I can run to the nearest zombie and just let it kill me instead.

It's already bad that you can't choose your spawn location;

You, sir are contradicting yourself and have found the solution to your imagined problem.

It's already bad that you can't choose your spawn location; solve the problem by letting players choose which location to spawn in. Since the coast is 100% safe, all spawning in a bad location means is that you have to waste a lot of time running to your friend. Unless the coast is going to be dangerous or fun in some way, this is a mechanic that will just waste people's time.

Maybe you should make your own mod where you can spawn anywhere you want. This is rockets mod and he doesn't want you doing that. /discussion

sorry guys I forgot 2012 running simulator. I love the responses "plan a route and go find them" So if i respawn near cherno and my friends spawns in elecktro ; its GG see you guys in 30 min hopefully i dont get KOS?

You're crying about a run from Cherno to Elektro? That run takes no time at all. If you stop and search everything it'll take a long time but that's the players choice.

I'm more worried about spawning in Kemenka and my friends are in Solnichniy. Meh.

I don't mind though. This is going to cut down on a lot of annoying behavior.

Edit: I'd like to see a 1 hour server ban on death but that's probably just me. :)

Edited by Super67_

What I dont get is the argument against this is: "it will be difficult to meet my friends"...urr what? Its a survival game. Unless your playing the game like a death match, I dont see how killing your self and going back to the coast can help you meet your friends.....How about play the game properly instead of death matching on the coast.

Also, it takes a max of 30 minutes to cross the map to meet other people....

+1 for removing respawn

Edited by SeanOfTheDead

I could see a new game happening from this.... protect the people trying to kill themself and just taunt them lol

All in all, Removing the respawn is the greatest addition since zombies. I have never abused or used the repawn to get to a better spawn. I commit to where I start good or bad.

The respawn button has however killed me a couple times accidentally while quickly trying to get into options. I will be very glad to see it go.

Hahaha, I can't wait to run across crippled unarmed players crawling around cherno yelling "KILL ME!!!! PLEASE !!!"

Oh man... imagine if killing is decreased because of this, less killing, more crippling. :)

There is a region where you spawn.

It's called the coast.

And not even the whole coast.

Just stop.

When I said regions, I meant regions ON the coast, where else would you spawn that made sense? Also I'm seeing a lot of attacking each other here. I get it, you either want this or don't. I don't want this, but I want to find middle ground because the people that do will keep complaining and causing problems and will eventually lead to a drain in the community.

Maybe your purpose isn't the purpose of others. And you are a fucking cunt calling me an idiot. ;)

If you are that smart, maybe you might tell me what the real issue is.

Maybe you need an easier game

Whose going to kill a fresh spawn now? You'd only be doing him a favor.

Good choice on removal. I'm interested in seeing how this affects my clan and friends. It's going to change how a lot of people are playing. Such a small change with a massive impact.

(hackers will still do what they want though... :( )

most of you guys seem to be lone wolves and dont mind where you spawn. But many other and myself dont like playing video games/mods alone.

ahm, I don't see the point of it

instead of

-respawn - a character gets created - lag is caused-

we now have to:

-run into a town - load zombies into the map - load loot into the map, which then get handed over to the server after we suicided us, which causes also lag and a new character gets still created

sounds like more lag to me.

and besides what if I have broken legs because of a bush, a missed attack or something else in the middle of nowhere? I would have to wait until I starve to death.

most of you guys seem to be lone wolves and dont mind where you spawn. But many other and myself dont like playing video games/mods alone.

So unless you know the people from outside the game, other players are AI to you?

I don't like single player games, but I don't play DayZ with a group. I play DayZ to group up with other survivors.

ahm, I don't see the point of it

instead of

-respawn - a character gets created - lag is caused-

we now have to:

-run into a town - load zombies into the map - load loot into the map, which then get handed over to the server after we suicided us, which causes also lag and a new character gets still created

sounds like more lag to me.

and besides what if I have broken legs because of a bush, a missed attack or something else in the middle of nowhere? I would have to wait until I starve to death.

In the interview that the OP is reacting to, Rocket said he wanted to remove the "respawn" button from the menu and replace it with a suicide option on weapons. So you would at least need to scavenge a weapon(or a zombie) to kill yourself.

doesn't change anything mojo, ppl will run into towns for a suicide by zombie thingy, which still causes the mentioned mechanics to kick in and cause extra load in addition to the char creation lag.

And you still can get broken legs without a weapon right in the middle of nowhere

Could we at LEAST patch in not having to leave the server when you die?

Just to clarify, you already don't have to do that. You just have to go back to multiplayer set-up, from which it takes pretty much as long to respawn as it would if you were still in the server.

• Like 1

Perhaps this will increase the sense of community. You might start finding more friendly players considering they have to walk back north.

Seems a fair death penalty, since there are so many complaints against it.

IDK if people complain about the time it takes. Day Z is not a game you pick up and play for 15 mins. Its an anti-game and an experience of immersion. (Yes please tell me how I'm wrong again.)

• Like 1

...since there are so many complaints against it.

Following your logic zmbies phasing through walls for example is also a good thing, just because so many people are complaining about it.

For the rest I can only read quack quack quack in your post, must be you being a duck, eh?

• Like 1

Hahaha, I can't wait to run across crippled unarmed players crawling around cherno yelling "KILL ME!!!! PLEASE !!!"

Wow, at first I was neutral to the idea.

But damn that sounds amazing, can't wait for the patch!

• Like 1