A Bush killed me

No Respawn button now? /sigh

Having lost a 12* day character to accidentally clicking respawn, I welcome this change wholeheartedly.

I'm sorry if this makes the game too hard for some people. :rolleyes: I already dislike how easy it is to regroup/regear. If your friends have an vehicle then make an adventure out of bringing it south to pick up respawns. Otherwise you'll have a long time to 'discuss' why the game should be easier while you hike 6k to meet your friends.

Yes, I have abused respawn to get a perferred spawn, but I know the map well enough to get from the coast to several northern rendezvous without a compass in the dark. No one should have an excuse for not being able to find Berezino. Heck if you know the server time you can find north with your shadow (not at night though obviously).

*not much to some I know but its my personal best. Now I assume Hacker death once a night so my best is 2 days.

EDIT: I also do a LOT of running since I die a LOT because I suck at pvp. I still like this decision.

Edited by Ampoliros

so if i want to play with friends I'll have to put something heavy on the w key and do something else for half an hour now.

alright...

BE Warfare has it so you have to be within so many meters of a possible spawn point like a strong point in a city to spawn there. You could implement it so that you can only spawn in at set positions on the coast that are like, what, 500m away? I think this would be the best way.

Also there is defiantly a way to implement this into DayZ. Add some Military objects like Service points or something like that along the coast and set respawns to "base" and then assign these buildings, in this case the service points, as "bases" for blufor. Make minimum distance away to respawn on one of these positions be 500m. Boom. Problem solved.

I mean sure, it'll be waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to camp fresh spawns, as there is a building near where they will spawn, but I believe you spawn within a 50m radius of the building in Warfare.

Having lost a 12* day character to accidentally clicking respawn, I welcome this change wholeheartedly.

I'm sorry if this makes the game too hard for some people. :rolleyes: I already dislike how easy it is to regroup/regear. If your friends have an vehicle then make an adventure out of bringing it south to pick up respawns. Otherwise you'll have a long time to 'discuss' why the game should be easier while you hike 6k to meet your friends.

Yes, I have abused respawn to get a perferred spawn, but I know the map well enough to get from the coast to several northern rendezvous without a compass in the dark. No one should have an excuse for not being able to find Berezino. Heck if you know the server time you can find north with your shadow (not at night though obviously).

*not much to some I know but its my personal best. Now I assume Hacker death once a night so my best is 2 days.

bullshit.

its not hard to wait while having something heavy depress your w key

its dumb

spawn should simply be chosable

time is a limited ressource in real life. some people obviously don't seem to know what that is though...

Edited by perestain

Could we at LEAST patch in not having to leave the server when you die?

so what happens if im say in the woods and i encounter another player. He shoots me and breaks my leg i kill him and bandage myself. I am now an hour of crawling away from the nearest hospital. So i just leave my game on and let myself starve? cause theres no way im holding down 'w' for an hour to crawl to the hospital in electro

this brings up another point- we need to be able to make splints in this game- pile of wood + bandage- make a splint i can no longer run but i can at least hobble

Then the hive has to track how long it has been since your last death and report back with a response. Causes server load.

I didn't know the objective was to reduce server load to 0.

We can do that easily by just shutting the hive down.

This is why people with computer science degrees exist. They figure out ways to make a program, like tracking someone's time in game, very efficient.

If the hive can easily store data on the characters items, location etc., it can add a simple flag and timetamp to when they last pressed the respawn button. The amount of data required to timestamp last respawn is <<<<<<<<<<<<<< than the data required to make an entirely new character.

Edited by deathTouch

Well I for one am happy about this... kinda. I always felt obligated to loot the corpses I found on the beach, even knowing they had the same stuff over and over and over again. But there was this one time where I ran north with no supplies like a moron and I was unable to find food so I was slowly dying, if that respawn button wasn't there I would've had to wait since I was in the middle of nothing. Seriously I hadn't seen a lick of civilization for 25 minutes.

Then again, my actual second try, I fiddled around and accidentally killed myself on the beach with that button so maybe it's for the best.

Those that have a problem with this and say it should return or we should choose spawn locations, remember what game we are playing, it isn't there to hold your hand, you need to deal with what you got.

If the button HAS to return, make it so the respawn timer is like every 15 minutes. 5 minutes is way too short and would still be abused.

i think its a great idea.... anyone who complains needs a slap. It will help the servers run better whats wrong with that?

so what happens if im say in the woods and i encounter another player. He shoots me and breaks my leg i kill him and bandage myself. I am now an hour of crawling away from the nearest hospital. So i just leave my game on and let myself starve? cause theres no way im holding down 'w' for an hour to crawl to the hospital in electro

this brings up another point- we need to be able to make splints in this game- pile of wood + bandage- make a splint i can no longer run but i can at least hobble

Don't bandage, let yourself bleed out.

That is fine. It will be nice to gun someone down in the coastal areas and then not have them show up again after 5 minutes.

Would not apply to deaths caused by anything other than pressing the respawn button.

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Haha yep and thats what you will see now so plz all you tell me how removing the respawn button will help with lag when the entire server will be mass killing themselves untill they spawn where they want?

So now instead of hitting the respawn button to spawn closer to friends, I'm going to have to run to the nearest town and find a high building or let zomies beat me to death? Didn't fix anything, just made it more annoying to group up.

• Like 2

the upsides are that death indeed is more dramatic, and you cannot kill yourself accidentally anymore.

still its killing playing with your friends or forcing you to spend lots of time running on autopilot

the server load issue has a higher priority right now though, i guess. doubling the amount of players on a server could be big.

This is a very ineloquent way of solving the problem, rather simple minded IMO.. Knee-jerk.

So now instead of hitting the respawn button to spawn closer to friends, I'm going to have to run to the nearest town and find a high building or let zomies beat me to death? Didn't fix anything, just made it more annoying to group up.

That is exactly what people will door.. Poor execution devs.

Edited by (OCN)Vortech
  • Like 3

Respawn should only be an option if you spawn in Kamenka. There, problem solved. In over a month, I have never accidentally suicided this way. Anyone who complains of this needs to learn to use a mouse.

This is a stupid idea, you should make it where you can start off were you please but can't respawn until you die. Then that area you picked should be ghosted and you have to pick a different town and it refreshes after 3 respawns. so you could go from elektro, then run from cherno but atleast its still a restriction taking it away completely makes me and my friends just want to stop playing until its gone.

still its killing playing with your friends

Yes, because we all spawn without feet.

You fucking people are so fucking lazy.

"Hey, where are you? Okay I'm coming." Wow. That was hard.

The absolutely furthest you can spawn from a friend is like 10km. So 5km to meet halfway or 16 minutes of running.

16 fucking minutes.

Get fucking over it holy fuck.

This is a stupid idea, you should make it where you can start off were you please

Yeah. And you get to pick your starting gun.

And everyone gets a helicopter.

And free blowjobs.

What the fuck is going on around here?

Unreal.

You people are literally unreal.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 2

Now that I think about it, maybe they should have like regions of spawns that you can choose. Like 3-4 spawn regions on the coast, so your not too far away from where you want to be. Hopefully.

And instead of a timer going to the Hive, make it server based for those that abuse death or the button, it's not like they are going inbetween servers doing this, that would take a lot of time.

Maybe if people would just stop exploiting every glitch they can find, this wouldn't have to be removed. You can run up to a zombie, but at least that's plausible. Seeing someone die for unexplained reasons is just an immersion breaker.

Also, if the "running up to zombies to respawn" got too bad, they could just throw on a 5minute ban on every death. And then when people exploit that, further measures would be taken.

Hammering the respawn button to get to a desired location was not intended by the developers. Your fav glitch is getting fixed, go ahead and have a good cry about it. Then move on.

Now that I think about it, maybe they should have like regions of spawns that you can choose.

There is a region where you spawn.

It's called the coast.

And not even the whole coast.

Just stop.

This is going to make for some really fun emergent gameplay: Suicide Cults - we all shoot each other and then bleed out together! :D

(edit: whoops, I just described cherno...)

Edited by TolEressea

Awful change. It's not going to solve the problem in the slightest. People will still suicide, it will just take longer(in the case of most spawns, hardly longer at all).

The obvious answer is to allow players to select their spawn location. We're going to spawn where we want, no matter how long it takes, so simplify the process instead of making it more obnoxious.

To the people saying the suicide spam is annoying - so is having to run for an hour to meet up with your friends. ASSUMING you don't die in the process.

Horrible, horrible idea.

Yes, because we all spawn without feet.

You fucking people are so fucking lazy.

"Hey, where are you? Okay I'm coming." Wow. That was hard.

The absolutely furthest you can spawn from a friend is like 10km. So 5km to meet halfway or 16 minutes of running.

16 fucking minutes.

Get fucking over it holy fuck.

Yeah. And you get to pick your starting gun.

And everyone gets a helicopter.

And free blowjobs.

What the fuck is going on around here?

Unreal.

You people are literally unreal.

You, sir, win the dumbest post in this thread award.

Edited by Valec
  • Like 3