rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Rocket: I get that you anticipate removing the respawn button being a bitch, but can't this wait for some kind of spawning overhaul? Instead of just hitting a button, now people will just run 10 yards to the nearest zombie flock and wait to get beaten to death so they can respawn. All you're really going to accomplish is slowing them down.

Placing bumps on the road also just slows people down. And still it works wonders. Humans are the most lazy beings on earth. If you have to run a minute to a bunch of zombies who need another 2 minutes to punch your face you will consider just walking from where you spawned instead of taking the chance of respawning somewhere even further away.

Talking about tents. From what I understand they actually stop "losing" your stuff now. But do they also stop duplicating items like rabbits?

• Like 1

Rocket, down the line do you see there being DayZ mod support for multiple maps? Just something me and my crew were talking about.

Oh man, my birthday is on Sunday and I see this sexxy list of updates (about to go live any moment now). It is impossible for this to be a coincidence. Thanks Rocket!

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

Shut up, Idiot.

Oh so you DID read the notes? Well done, no need to continue this any further.

Always read the first page before posting shitty repetitive questions/statements.

If its in the notes, its in the patch...

Not hard brew...

Edited by TheDonk
  • Like 1

I can see a lot of bugs happening with the log in and out timer, but idks. Should a just added like 30-5 wait before they can log. Like most mmos have it. since this is kinda like an mmorpg, but idk only time will tell roger

theres a log out timer of 5 secs afaik, but making it longer results in buggy behavior (people being in the game though they disconnected long ago etc.)

=they arent "zombies" they are infected, which is a plausible real life scenario. so peacemaker is absolutely correct. its not opinion, its fact. .45 has much more stopping power than a 9, especially when you are shooting some enraged thing.

To bad this mod is not only about realism.

by the way "they arent "zombies" they are infected" http://cdn.memegener...0x/21773470.jpg

Okay, if you are gonna be stubborn like that. Well, lets talk about realism, Helicopter crashes (from nowhere) completly destroyed YET, boxes of medical supplies is not even a bit damaged (made of paper) and weapons also. So just because of that, lets remove crash sites :o ?

Edited by Shazman

The build has been passed to DayZ Community Support team lead: Alex Sykotix

He'll be reporting on the test progress, while I go have dinner.

Reporting where? Information flow in here is very weird. I feel like I am looking for an unknown item in an unkown location. Very frustrating. Is there a centralized post with just updates in regards to dayz and none of this bullshit posting.

Please ensure that tents are working. I want to start a base. My last try lost all my items because nothing was saved :(

yes start a base .......where we putting it ? ;)

I been playing for 2 months now and yet to see/hear a vehicle. Im a loser.

Cant wait to see a chopper.

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

He wanted to add a "Suicide with Gun" feature... but I see a whole new "Jump off a building Suicide" taking place. Maybe he wont have to create a bullet to the brain suicide animation after all. JUST FIND A TALL BUILDING OR SOME SANDBAGS FOLKS!

Placing bumps on the road also just slows people down. And still it works wonders. Humans are the most lazy beings on earth. If you have to run a minute to a bunch of zombies who need another 2 minutes to punch your face you will consider just walking from where you spawned instead of taking the chance of respawning somewhere even further away

Yes it does work wonders, hence the timer. People who want to meta-game like this are going to keep doing it anyway because they know damn well that it is faster to respawn a couple of times to move kilometers up the coast than it is to run the whole way. The point is to prevent them from clogging up the master server without the fix being a pain in the ass for everyone else.

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

And thats because of?

And thats because of?

So you have to use your eyes instead of having easy mode.

• Like 1

And thats because of?

People were using them to fly over forest and spot every vehicle.

• Like 1

Dont get this Point:

Is this some Timewarpstuff ? :)

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

Why disable the respawn? What if you get stuck in the wilderness or the sea?

Also is the zombie hearing being increased or decreased?

Finally, when can we spawn in as a group to the same spot?

You didn't read the changelog, did you?

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

MVQOA.jpg

I hope the update will happen Monday so we can hit page 300

I hope the update will happen Monday so we can hit page 300

Hey, theres a whole weekend if that happens, expect 500