rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

And by any chance will the tents be fixed in this patch?

You have not payed so much attention, have you?

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

Edited by Shazman

Now I understand that this fix to ALT+F4 / Abort / Disconnection in combat is necessary, but I see a very large flaw in it. As we all know, and as Rocket knows, hackers are becoming more and more of a problem. For example - when I'm randomly teleported to the NWAF barracks with all of my gear into a huge cluster of 50 players, I should just sit there for 5 seconds? I know one solution does not fix all problems, but I foresee players becoming very frustrated by this 'fix'

Now I understand that this fix to ALT+F4 / Abort / Disconnection in combat is necessary, but I see a very large flaw in it. As we all know, and as Rocket knows, hackers are becoming more and more of a problem. For example - when I'm randomly teleported to the NWAF barracks with all of my gear into a huge cluster of 50 players, I should just sit there for 5 seconds? I know one solution does not fix all problems, but I foresee players becoming very frustrated by this 'fix'

I'll laugh my ass out! Then start crying for my Ghillie & SVD Camo/NVG... ;__;

You have not payed so much attention, have you?

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

I realized this before you even posted, but I do appreciate the answer.

It's a test.

Actually, 4 shots for such a common sidearm is quite okay.

Aim for the head.

That's your opinion. Its a .45 cal round. It should be able to drop a zed with one or two hits to the chest. They aren't walking dead, they are infected living humans. Four shots with the revolver is just stupid, it's only holds six. As it stands the Markov is better.

The build has been passed to DayZ Community Support team lead: Alex Sykotix

He'll be reporting on the test progress, while I go have dinner.

• Like 13

Easy fix for Combat Alt+F4'ing

If you get hit and take damage(blood) you currently get the Shock status, since that status also occurs if you fall down a deer stand or break a leg you either change the effect on the player after breaking something into like "Major Pain" or create a new Status (that only affects people that got hit by a player weapon) like TRAUMA with a duration of 5 minutes and no cure.

If you suffer from TRAUMA and you disconnect (Alt+F4/Abort/killing the process in task mngr/shutting down the PC/losing internet connection) the character gets killed on the spot, leaves a corpse and is saved in the hive as killed

[...]

To all those about to say "but i have bad connection that would kill me!"

If you have a bad connection within those 5 minutes of someone shooting you, you would have probably died due to lag/desync anyway.

So, let's say:

- Server drops/kicks you/crashes/whatever (they are SO stable right?): Everybody who has engaged in combat in the last 5 minutes is dead and looses everything.

- An admin shoots at you and and then immediately kicks you because you killed him or some of his friends: You are dead and all your loot belongs to them now.

- You engage in combat with somebody. You take some damage but eventually you win. Someone rings at your door or whatever. You wait A WHOLE FIVE MINUTES to go open the door/grab the phone/take a sh*t/leave for work (or you die)?

BRILLIANT! Because I would love to lose my ages-old survivor character to some random combat rule! So realistic!

A 60 seconds timer sounds more appropriate. And you don't die. At most, you get your legs broken. That alone is a good deterrant for most people. Disconnecters would think twice before hitting ALT+F4 because, you know, you don't get morphine everywhere. And carrying more than a couple shots eats up your inventory space.

Or a login cooldown. If you ALT-F4 in the 60 seconds after taking damage from a player, you can't login for 10 minutes or whatever.

That's your opinion. Its a .45 cal round. It should be able to drop a zed with one or two hits to the chest. They aren't walking dead, they are infected living humans. Four shots with the revolver is just stupid, it's only holds six. As it stands the Markov is better.

That's your opinion. (lul)

As i understand it, teleporting will be impossible with the update, as the client recognizes it and will just teleport you back to your last know location.

Please ensure that tents are working. I want to start a base. My last try lost all my items because nothing was saved :(

Helicopters... You re-added the helicopters.

Dear Rocket,

I want to have a baby with you, possibly even two. I will name them Rockette and Rocketina.

• Like 3

Nice, choppers for me to ambush. Thanks rocket and folks!

Please ensure that tents are working. I want to start a base. My last try lost all my items because nothing was saved :(

What is it gonna take for people to start reading the patch notes?

Zombie apoc.... oh wait

• Like 2

You do realize im talking about the rarity of spawning, right?

If you want to talk about realism, lets start talking about zombies.

=

they arent "zombies" they are infected, which is a plausible real life scenario. so peacemaker is absolutely correct. its not opinion, its fact. .45 has much more stopping power than a 9, especially when you are shooting some enraged thing. Edited by sivart

The build has been passed to DayZ Community Support team lead: Alex Sykotix

He'll be reporting on the test progress, while I go have dinner.

NO! Didn't you eat yesterday????

What is it gonna take for people to start reading the patch notes?

Zombie apoc.... oh wait

Shut up, Idiot.

Rocket: I get that you anticipate removing the respawn button being a bitch, but can't this wait for some kind of spawning overhaul? Instead of just hitting a button, now people will just run 10 yards to the nearest zombie flock and wait to get beaten to death so they can respawn. All you're really going to accomplish is slowing them down. If people clogging up the master server by spamming respawn to get better spawn points is an issue, wouldn't it be better to just slap a timer on the respawn button? Disable it for 120, 180 seconds -or w/e- after each spawn. It should accomplish the same thing without requiring players to get beat on by zeds -or a doorway :-P- to respawn.

Firstly, we will do what DayZ always does... we will collect data.

At the same time, initially, login cooldown will be applied (and grow) where you transfer to another server, and cooldown will be applied significantly if you try and reconnect to the same server (with an alive character). Once we have enough data, we will use that to determine algorithms that detect a players behavior over a period of time. This will allow us to then start applying warnings > punishments > database bans; to those players who continue the behavior.

sounds good, but i dont think it will stop people from alt+f4ing in danger, if it is only a penalty affecting your log in time

it will make it harder to ghost people though

edit: cant there be a message saying who logs in and out? at least that way we can identify alt+f4 people and ghosters when they are doing so...

Edited by Zombo

Dont get this Point:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

Is this some Timewarpstuff ? :)

I can see a lot of bugs happening with the log in and out timer, but idks. Should a just added like 30-5 wait before they can log. Like most mmos have it. since this is kinda like an mmorpg, but idk only time will tell roger