rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Am I the only one who thinks DayZ is going to become unplayable? I mean, there's a fine line between realism and having a good time. I've already had enough friends quit DayZ because it's becoming an overly-realistic simulator. Having the respawn button disabled is going to be a bitch. It's already hard enough to get to where you want to spawn as is. Personally, I think we should be at least able to select a spawn. Then (and only then) I can deal with the respawn being disabled. Why aren't we able to pick a spawn? It would make the mod so much easier to play with friends. Which, let's face it, most people do play with friends. I believe we're only delaying the inevitable. Some people are just going to run into a bunch of zombies so they can respawn. That's what I would do...

I agree

Runing around 2-4 hours to meet up with people is not fun (it fine if it just 1 other person but when it 3+ it impossible 1/2 day wasted just to find each other), at least if cars/atvs were easier obtainable (or at least spawned more brokens ones) people could pick other people up in less time, and have ability for people to select a tent as their respawn or ability to choose between tent or coast , would solve alot of problems to be able to play with team mates. Also more communities of tents be made between friends cause then people can always respawn were all their friends are or quick re-equip instead of runing for 2-5 hours.

Not to mention -.- getting a ATV and than it DESPAWNing on you after server resets.

• Like 1

Sorry if i'm dumb, or not reading very well.

The original release date appeared to be Wednesday July 25, the OP seemed to have been updated after July 25th toTuesday July 24.

Should that be the 31st?

So, let's say:

- Server drops/kicks you/crashes/whatever (they are SO stable right?): Everybody who has engaged in combat in the last 5 minutes is dead and looses everything.

- An admin shoots at you and and then immediately kicks you because you killed him or some of his friends: You are dead and all your loot belongs to them now.

- You engage in combat with somebody. You take some damage but eventually you win. Someone rings at your door or whatever. You wait A WHOLE FIVE MINUTES to go open the door/grab the phone/take a sh*t/leave for work (or you die)?

BRILLIANT! Because I would love to lose my ages-old survivor character to some random combat rule! So realistic!

A 60 seconds timer sounds more appropriate. And you don't die. At most, you get your legs broken. That alone is a good deterrant for most people. Disconnecters would think twice before hitting ALT+F4 because, you know, you don't get morphine everywhere. And carrying more than a couple shots eats up your inventory space.

Or a login cooldown. If you ALT-F4 in the 60 seconds after taking damage from a player, you can't login for 10 minutes or whatever.

Server stability is not an issue since it in fact is alpha, which basically means that you will lose your precious character inevitably sooner or later, most definitely when this goes beta (character wipes are absoulutely common and quite honestly needed to maintain better testing environments)

Hosting a server for DayZ is a privilege, nothing else.

Obviously, if an admin abuses his power, his server has to go - permanently.

That would have to be included in a kind of server user license agreement. You want to host Dayz? Follow the rules, or your server gets blacklisted. I am pretty darn sure, that getting kicked off a server is trackable in the hive, since rocket is currently doing exactly that tracking the login/out behaviour of clients.

If you fight and kill someone and someone rings your door, you either go to the door and open it, or you dont - thats your choice. No one said anything about having to log off to do that. It just sounds like you are fishing for something to put into an argument.

Broken Bones will do NOTHING to prevent someone ALT+F4 to evade death, absolutely nothing.

But again..im not talking about people trying to disappear before something bad happens, I am talking about those that disconnect as soon as they get Damage/fall unconscious due to major blood loss trying to avoid death alltogether. Which is an exploit and therefore should invoke "severe" consequence (ingame death)

This Trauma effect is only in effect if you have been HIT not if someone shot in your general direction.

But alright, I concur that its a bit harsh. How about you have to be unconscious as well to have any effect, that would at least alleviate the problems of all those logging out after getting severly injured and trying to get away cheaply.

So basically Trauma(getting hit, not getting shot at) + Unconscious(which takes tremendous damage/hit or very low health to occur) + losing connection

Too hard to suicide without the respawn button right? Isn't like that all spawn zones don't have buildings with zombies nearby... Too much whine, too less thinking.

Plus, Rocket already said that he's going to look at the spawn system in the future... This change probably happened now mainly to help the servers with performance improvements.

Edited by Numi

I know how to stop the alt-f4 if this thing is able to be implemented, and that is that you add some kind of combat state, if a bullet pass near you (like 10 yards or something) you will enter a combat state for 10 seconds and this state will just refresh everytime a bullet pass near you, so if somone do alt-f4 when they are in the "combat state" that will be logged and they will be much easier to detect. Dunno if this combat state already exist or if somone already came up with this idea, but i wanted to share it and maby it will be helpful.

@Rocket: If the Update will be released next month, I´m fine with that. Don`t stress yourself :). It only would harm the game progress.

Seems like we won't have it patched, when puting ghileon - we get basic backpack instead of what we have (( I've just lost M107 I had in my top-backpack due to piting on some stolen ghile (((

I agree

Runing around 2-4 hours to meet up with people is not fun (it fine if it just 1 other person but when it 3+ it impossible 1/2 day wasted just to find each other), at least if cars/atvs were easier obtainable (or at least spawned more brokens ones) people could pick other people up in less time, and have ability for people to select a tent as their respawn or ability to choose between tent or coast , would solve alot of problems to be able to play with team mates. Also more communities of tents be made between friends cause then people can always respawn were all their friends are or quick re-equip instead of runing for 2-5 hours.

Not to mention -.- getting a ATV and than it DESPAWNing on you after server resets.

According to rocket, when he made the mod it was not to be fun, it's not meant to be fun. And btw DayZ will not fall, not for a long time.

• Like 3

Seems like we won't have it patched, when puting ghileon - we get basic backpack instead of what we have (( I've just lost M107 I had in my top-backpack due to piting on some stolen ghile (((

Seems like the patch has not even been released yet :)

I agree

War Z is that way ----------> don't cut yourself on the screenshots you can print out ... maybe you can build a bathtub boat

lisademars1194466292.gif

• Like 6

I agree

1. Choosing a spawn point is a terrible idea and is not the solution to wanting to meet up with friends. You should NOT get to choose where to spawn in a survival game. Sure have a mechanic by which you can spawn together, but in a RANDOM location. Otherwise you get "hmmm....Cherno again I think. Might as well shoot anything I see because if I die, I'll just spawn here again!". Instead there should be a party system by which a party can spawn and they get spawned into a random area. This way the game still has the ability to throw you in the deep end and challenge you, rather than you having your own little safe zone that you know well. Chernarus is not meant to be friendly. Alternatively people can just suckle down and learn to find each other. With the absence of respawn people might venture outside Cherno/Elektro and realise that it actually takes nothing like 4 hours to get between any 2 points on the map. If people learned the map somewhat, they'd generall find each other in under 20 min.

2. If you make your own tent a spawn option, what's to stop people putting all the gear they care about in their tent and go off hunting players with nothing to lose? Opportunists will camp the NW airfield with no important gear on them and wait for players with loot they want. If they die, no worries, respawn at tent and ready to try again with minimal loss. Players should at least have to find their tent again. If you die, you are a new character. The tent is no longer yours so you shouldn't respawn there.

• Like 5

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

Just. amazing. I. Can't. believe!!!!!

any update on 1.7.2.4 being released?

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

Makes total fucking sense.

Seriously man, if that's an accident you NEED to take a break :'D

I dont think its an accident :)

• Like 1

I dont think its an accident :)

Depends on what dinner he was leaving for ... if he was having canned anchovies it is probably not an accident ... If it is canned franks and beans he was probably very excited to get to it and it may in fact be a typo

Target date:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping he meant Thursday 26 July...really hoping lol...

Edited by TyRobot
  • Like 1

Target date:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping he meant Thursday 26 July...really hoping lol...

Nice edit ;)

Nice edit ;)

Haha...been a long week...I hope Rocket made the same mistake I did... :P

Target date:

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

How is the target date pushed back when Wednesday passed already, and how is player going to pawn on beach next spawn with gear but the 2nd *[NEW] says that they will spawn where they last were, I don't understand.

Rocket,

Seriously, stop adding such stupid changes

I did not buy arma 2 for theses and im sure plenty of others

Remember what made the game great to start with and now you are ruining it.

Ive said this before but people dont listen.

But look at people complaining now ! alot of them isnt there !

taking away guns, stupid bear traps and now removing the respawn utton

If you want these changes dont force us players to test them either. Do it behind closed doors with your own testing.

Hell if the mod is that great im sure you can get a small group to test such silly implimentations

Ive give this mod a chance Rocket, to many chances but you are taking more away from the player.

Alpha or not, its no excuse.

) people could pick other people up in less time, and have ability for people to select a tent as their respawn or ability to choose between tent or coast , would solve alot of problems to be able to play with team mates. Also more communities of tents be made between friends cause then people can always respawn were all their friends are or quick re-equip instead of runing for 2-5 hours.

Sorry I just re-read this. A quick re-equip? I don't know what you think DayZ is... "I'll just pop down to the general store for a quick re-equip....in a zombie apocalypse..."

Getting the gear is part of the game. Would you prefer spawning with an M16 and a bunch of mags? The whole point is that getting the gear should be a pain in the ass. That way you care if you die. That way when you nearly die and you survive you think "fuck me that was close god, this game is good". Encouraging the 'quick re-equip' means nobody cares if they die. Which means there is a heavily diminished feeling of achievement when you evade death. The whole reason this game exploded like it did is because it challenged the idea of "here have everything you need and kill some shit and if you die, repeat". DayZ is all about "if I make a bad decision here I'll lose hours worth of work, damn this is tense".

• Like 2