rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

They will leave a trail, once we have the algorithms sorted and can issue warnings/punishment... those who continue to do it will receive database level bans,

The problem is that when I try to connect sometimes I get into the lobby but can't play. So when I get that I just get banned?

How about ... Just starting to play when you connect?

Why does playing together start when you are in the same place?

Adventure as you navigate to each other. Maybe someone will find a vehicle or a tent you can share.

Why is that so hard to fathom?

Why is it so hard to fathom that there isnt "survival" or "adventure" in this game. The "survival" against zombies is to press "W" button for X amount of time until you reach Cherno/Electro etc. You never start that far away from a big city that you'd die from thirst/hunger. You start from Kamenka and your friend starts from Cap Golova. You start running east and your friend to west. No use to loot the crappy little town on the way 'cause they are...well...crappy. So in the end your survival or adventure is to press "W" button until you reach cherno. Gosh that's exciting. And after you've done that few dozens of times it gets kinda old. I don't mind the long run if it really had some "survival" in it but at this moment the game doesn't have that.

You are so cool.

You refer to this post?

So your advice is that I should read rockets posts (which I do)?

Or do you refer to the statement that you will no longer spawn out of bounds? In case this case, how long do you think that this bug is scheduled to be fixed (and it is definitely not fixed up to now)? As long as there are still reports of people spawning at debug hill, you should not take away the only way out (Respawn). ***IF*** this is ***REALLY*** fixed, you could decide to remove the respawn button.

I do not see how the removing of this feature does improve the game. I don't care if sb uses this to have an easier start. I go from where ever I start... except from debug hills!

Luckily, YOU don't NEED to see how removing the feature improves the game... Since you are not designing it, don't really k ow what the path is that is planned or really anything.

Consider it registered as another "don't like" vote. It's going in because rocket wants to try it. End of story. Let's see how it shakes out and then offer more feedback.

• Like 3

implement where you want to spawn right away

could as well make everyone spawn in balota/novy, because thats where 95% of players will want to spawn.

unless you mean across the whole map, well in that case lets all spawn in the barracks.

run, you are supposed to run alot in this game. the map is 200qkm big for good reason.

Loving the tears of people that are crying over ALT+F4 prevention and Respawn button being removed.

Will nicely get rid of unwanted players from the community.

Keep up the work Rocket!

• Like 4

Please leave respawn , running 50000 miles to join your friends sucks, if you do take it away implement where you want to spawn right away,, Also the main thing that is going to kill this mod is idiots spawning and teleporting players and we have no way of stopping it. That needs to be priority

It's certainly encourages players to stay alive, which fits well with the overall theme of the game: Survival.

Edited by Dallas

Loving the tears of people that are crying over ALT+F4 prevention and Respawn button being removed.

Will nicely get rid of unwanted players from the community.

Keep up the work Rocket!

Unwanted by you. Not by the whole community. Reading your comment makes you unwanted in my eyes. ALT+F4 should have been fixed long ago. Removing respawn is just annoying and pointless.

• Like 1

Please take some more time for this patch release!

The new 1.62 ARMA update caused my 1911 to make zero damage on Zs. There might be more bugs, so please take some more days before you release it! Of course I will test this update as usual if you release it anyway ;D

Less spawns near the bigger cities or PvP-hubs, more spawns in the middle of the map and not just along the beach.

It would be pretty exciting to spawn in a forest without a sense of direction and you just start running in a direction until you find a road and/or town ans go from there.

It's certainly encourages players to stay alive, which fits well with the overall theme of the game: Survival.

There is no survival against environment or against zombies in this game. Period. If you die to zombie then it's a major l2p issue. My gear encourages me to stay alive. If I spawn at South-east corner of the map I couldn't care less if I die while running towars Electro. Maybe I get lucky and spawn at Cherno if I happen to die gearless at the coast. If they want to fit it with "the overall theme" maybe they should implement this thing called survival in this game. Until they do it's PvP and best PvP in a long time 'cause you actually lose something (assuming they fix the tent dupe crap). But making people press "W" for 20 minutes to get to a friend's location or just to get to a big city is just trolling. And I mean when you and your friend both spawn. If your friend is inland then the running is indeed part of the game. But not that stupid gearless coastline marathon.

fix the backpack. If you put stuff out of your backpack to your full inventory it replaces it. If you do the opposite you lose the items for ever. I lost 6 steaks that way. And then 2 sheep disappeared so i couldn't kill them. If this continues I will die of starvation. Please make the eating a bit more realistic. During my playtime I had to eat 4 times but haven't eaten anything in real life. It's just stupid to have real time if it doesn't imply to things like eating and drinking.

Please put something in the game where you can spawn with your friends.As i can neverfind them

Please leave respawn , running 50000 miles to join your friends sucks, if you do take it away implement where you want to spawn right away,, Also the main thing that is going to kill this mod is idiots spawning and teleporting players and we have no way of stopping it. That needs to be priority

Half the fun is the adventure come on now.

The respawn button need's to be put back in, i don't fancy breaking my leg on a rock in a forest and having to crawl for 3hours to get a morphine shot, or better yet getting to the entrance of a town and just getting mauled by zombies or shot by someone else.

• Like 1

Unwanted by you. Not by the whole community. Reading your comment makes you unwanted in my eyes. ALT+F4 should have been fixed long ago. Removing respawn is just annoying and pointless.

it's not pointless. not only is it an exploit, all that character creation is lagging the servers

• Like 1

Hey I don't know if this was said somewhere else, but fix the shock please. I died in pvp. Respawned. Went to nw airfield. Logged out. Now anytime I log in I'm passed out and I wasn't attacked/shot at before I logged out. In fact, this character has never been in shock. I had to alt f4 when I logged in because I was immediately knocked out for no reason and I don't want to die lol. And its also happening to my friends too.

How exactly is it 'annoying and pointless'?. It may be annoying to accidentally press Respawn while trying to get into Options. I bet you're the type of person that just spams respawn just to get to your desired spawnpoint. And guess what? All the comforts are gonna go, and replaced with more adventure of walking along the coast!

and may a very very useable idea:

make it possible to put the crowbar to the toolbelt to use it to unflip ATV´s!

yeah, i almost forgot. ATV's can be a pain in the ass, since they tend to even go crazy when you try to drive onto the harbour area or on railroads crossing the streets... or a bridge on the mainroad. Don't wanna have to wait until a server restart to have my ATV put back onto it's wheels. A single person should be strong enough to get that done alone... and i remember some other modded server where you could do this with bicycles already. in my opinion no tool should be needed to accomplish this.

How exactly is it 'annoying and pointless'?. It may be annoying to accidentally press Respawn while trying to get into Options. I bet you're the type of person that just spams respawn just to get to your desired spawnpoint. And guess what? All the comforts are gonna go, and replaced with more adventure of walking along the coast!

You really don't expect a lot from a game if running along the coast in DayZ is an adventure. For me the adventure in this game comes from encounters with other players. Zombies are so glitched crap that they really don't bring much to this game as an adventure. Eating and drinking are simple and easily handled too. Why should they cater your needs but not mine in this game? If you spawn at Cherno there is nothing stopping you from running along the coastline east and west to get your "adventure". But if I spawn at Three Valleys then I'm pretty much fucked and I need to find a zombie to kill me so I don't waste my time in this lame "adventure" of yours. As I've said before I don't mind the running if it really was "survival" and "adventure" but the sad thing is that this game doesn't have that. Maybe it was at the beginning but after you've run enough times from Kamenka to Cherno it does get old.

And simple solution to accidently pressing respawn is..... to not press respawn! Doh. There is no other to blame than yourself if you press it. Should I suffer from it if you're stupid enough to accidently press it? Keeping respawn button doesn't take anything away from you but removing takes something away from me and from many other players. I can understand that respawn takes a toll on the servers but then they should give players an alternative for respawn.

Edited by Snor

All these people complaining here... It's as if 0,01% get it in their head that this is an alpha and throughoutly in a stage of testing and trying some things out. Live with the sandbox model - that's just how it is if you want to play together, you gotta run. Or "simply" stay alive. Learn to play this game properly, i.e. I'm asking myself how you can break your leg in a forest with nothing around, if you aren't glitching unluckily... It seems to me, while reading through the forum, that a terribly large part of players isn't thinking at all, in game as well as out of the game. And sadly they don't see the immense potential this game holds.

So just stick with it and post the problems you got in a calm manner into the appropriate topic, using search function.

Just let rocket work on his mod as he thinks. He cares pretty damn much about the community (and impressively hasn't gone mad yet) and tries to solve the problems with the mod in a very reasonable way. I think he is leading this project into the right direction, can't wait to experience the features that are planned. After fixing the major bugs that are existing, of course...

Keep up the great work

• Like 1

Hacking is not important. The single greatest threat to DayZ right now is people ALT-F4ing and respawning until they find an acceptable spawn location. Oh and bear traps. Yes, rocket wants bear traps to get full attention as well.

That's being adressed and actively worked on (see original post?!). Hacking is not. Beartraps are definitely great, but not "most important"

You really don't expect a lot from a game if running along the coast in DayZ is an adventure. For me the adventure in this game comes from encounters with other players. Zombies are so glitched crap that they really don't bring much to this game as an adventure. Eating and drinking are simple and easily handled too. Why should they cater your needs but not mine in this game? If you spawn at Cherno there is nothing stopping you from running along the coastline east and west to get your "adventure". But if I spawn at Three Valleys then I'm pretty much fucked and I need to find a zombie to kill me so I don't waste my time in this lame "adventure" of yours. As I've said before I don't mind the running if it really was "survival" and "adventure" but the sad thing is that this game doesn't have that. Maybe it was at the beginning but after you've run enough times from Kamenka to Cherno it does get old.

And simple solution to accidently pressing respawn is..... to not press respawn! Doh. There is no other to blame than yourself if you press it. Should I suffer from it if you're stupid enough to accidently press it? Keeping respawn button doesn't take anything away from you but removing takes something away from me and from many other players. I can understand that respawn takes a toll on the servers but then they should give players an alternative for respawn.

you don't care about a respawn button. you just want a "spawn me at Cherno" button

• Like 1

All these people complaining here... It's as if 0,01% get it in their head that this is an alpha and throughoutly in a stage of testing and trying some things out. Live with the sandbox model - that's just how it is if you want to play together, you gotta run. Or "simply" stay alive. Learn to play this game properly, i.e. I'm asking myself how you can break your leg in a forest with nothing around, if you aren't glitching unluckily... It seems to me, while reading through the forum, that a terribly large part of players isn't thinking at all, in game as well as out of the game. And sadly they don't see the immense potential this game holds.

So just stick with it and post the problems you got in a calm manner into the appropriate topic, using search function.

Just let rocket work on his mod as he thinks. He cares pretty damn much about the community (and impressively hasn't gone mad yet) and tries to solve the problems with the mod in a very reasonable way. I think he is leading this project into the right direction, can't wait to experience the features that are planned. After fixing the major bugs that are existing, of course...

Keep up the great work

There are things that need testing and things that doesn't. I can easily foresee that the removing respawn is nothing more than a mild annoyance. If I spawn for example at Three Valleys (one of the crappies spawn points in game) I'll just find a zombie to kill me. How does that help with anything other than making the start even more annoying? Does it really need testing? Run 20 minutes only to die because of some glitch or hacker. What is it testing? How annoying they can make the game until players stop playing?

And you can break your leg in this game just by opening a door. A zombie can one shot you 'cause the hit glitched you inside a wall and you die. I have proned inside a house and it glitched me through the wall and I fell to my death. I fell 3 steps in a staircase and my leg broke. And the list goes on...

There are things that need testing and things that doesn't. I can easily foresee that the removing respawn is nothing more than a mild annoyance. If I spawn for example at Three Valleys (one of the crappies spawn points in game) I'll just find a zombie to kill me. How does that help with anything other than making the start even more annoying? Does it really need testing? Run 20 minutes only to die because of some glitch or hacker. What is it testing? How annoying they can make the game until players stop playing?

And you can break your leg in this game just by opening a door. A zombie can one shot you 'cause the hit glitched you inside a wall and you die. I have proned inside a house and it glitched me through the wall and I fell to my death. I fell 3 steps in a staircase and my leg broke. And the list goes on...

Because douchebags killing themselves to respawn over and over and over put strain on the ever for EVERYONE ON THE SERVER. And servers being strained by douchebags killing themselves put strain on the hive that EVERYONE RELIES ON TO PLAY.

Hurr.

• Like 2