rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

To everyone crying about the respawn button being removed.... TOUGH SHIT!

There is nothing more annoying than seeing USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED....

"But I can't meet up with my friends!" So? You think Rocket really cares if it takes you an extra 30 minutes to meet your friend? Nope. This was meant to be a DIFFICULT game. That difficulty would be removed if you could just spawn with someone else right off the bat. Pick a place to meet up, gather supplies on your way and by the time you meet up you should both have a weapon and some materials to survive.

And to everyone that is complaining about having a bad connection... You are probably a D/C'er and don't want your loophole removed. If you are legitimately disconnecting a lot due to poor connection, I suggest switching to one that doesn't suck? This is 2012 and you should really get with the times. If you want to play a serious online game and you connection sucks I don't have any sympathy for you.

First part ...agree second part ...stop being a douche

• Like 2

I wholeheartedly suggest that you don't disable the "Respawn" button until you can select a spawn point, nobody wants to spawn in Kamenka when it is a pretty accurate assessment that you "need" to go to a main city and gear up before heading in-land. The only reason people may want to spawn there is because their friends/clan may be there. People will simply circumvent this restriction by climbing a ladder and jumping off, or aggro'ing many Zeds to die, I understand it takes up server resource to log/create each individual entry of a character per server but it will simply annoy way too many people for a very little gain. This is not mentioning the stuck in Wilderness spawns etc which also require a respawn pretty urgently if on a new character, just my 2 cents.

Other than that, liking all the new things you're trying, I understand they may not be perfect but absolutely a step in the right direction.

You don't need to go to a main city. Everytime I die, I run to either Zelenogorsk or Berezino depending on my spawn and I have yet to be killed in either of those cities. I'm actually glad this change is being put in, it'll start making people think outside the box and not respawn spam til they get Cherno or Elektro, where they will get killed then come on the forums and QQ for hours how Bandits are ruining the game. As well, yes, people will jump off ladders and aggro zombies, but it's far, far less of a strain on the servers and the Hive to have someone die every 5-10 minutes, as opposed to 5-10 times per minute respawn spamming.
  • Like 1

Lets not escalate my comments about the login/logout system... I'm just implementing LOGGING at this stage, it is going to collect data. Nobody will be getting banned right now, so if people could avoid panic right now that would be quite good.

you started the panic when you said people would be getting banned. stability is nonexistent and it is not uncommon to get disconnected several times in a hour or two because of it.

• Like 2

Poor "hive reputation", which will come to include many factors - including alt-f4 behavior, will result in a database ban. This means your playerID will not be accepted on DayZ servers, and you cannot play DayZ.

What about who lose connection do their crappy ISP or weak wireless signal. What about the fact that sometimes i have to log into 5 or 6 servers before I find one that is functioning properly (not killed on spawn, correct time of day, kicked for high ping ect.) Will these things be ID'd as server hopping or logging or whatever?

Ridiculous.

You must be like the 100th person in this thread who can not read.

Ridiculous.

How about you go play with your toys and let them big boys do the thinking?

well hopefully the vehicle issues are solved before you start banning people because I end up having to jump through dozens of servers to find another one after the vehicle I had AGAIN magically disappeared after a server restart.

I also some rebalancing of loot is done as well. For example, I can go into a supermarket and find 6 watches but I could search the supermarket and every little corner store in cherno and not find a single compass, or a rifle, or a box of matches, etc. I could also search every shed in cherno and find at least dozen tank traps and a dozen wire kits but can't find a single tool box. And if you want a car....yeah good luck finding those engine parts. The spawn rates for some things are just way out of whack and the only way to find them IS to server hop...unless you enjoy spending days running around the map to find the one thing you've been looking for...without a compass.

Regarding the removal of the respawn button...... PLEASE put a prirority on giving us some option to choose a spawn location then. It's already hard enough to try and get together and play with your friends ( or meet new ones since you've taken out side chat)

Edited by DJNOOB
  • Like 1

These kids probably thought you started out smelling!

Pong was my first too, until I got my Commodore 16+4 and Spectrum 48k then it's was full on deluxe gaming, here's hoping for another 30+ years!

right on man.

just for kids....

what is the purpose of esrb?

... nobody wants to spawn in Kamenka when it is a pretty accurate assessment that you "need" to go to a main city and gear up before heading in-land.

Honestly I would rather spawn in Kamenka than close to Cherno or Elektro.... I have a great path North that I can run without the need of an external map and normally end up with great gear by the time I hit the NWAF area.

Wait... so if respawn is disabled we can't kill ourselves right? so what do you do if you get a broken leg in the middle of nowhere and have no morphine?

Rocket:

Can you please add server (database, if needed) side checks for tents and character duping weapons and clothing.

Tnx :)

nice one rocket keep up the good work you can have my beans :beans: .but am keeping my frank and beans :lol:

you started the panic when you said people would be getting banned. stability is nonexistent and it is not uncommon to get disconnected several times in a hour or two because of it.

like he said, right now he is collecting data, to analyze how to find out those people whom need to get banned.

Wait... so if respawn is disabled we can't kill ourselves right? so what do you do if you get a broken leg in the middle of nowhere and have no morphine?

crawl till you find zombies or morphine or someone helps/shoots you

Why not enable a combat system, in wich you can not leave the game before ten seconds after the last engagement, stuff like bleeding wil prolong the combat untill its been repaired.

the system is in many games, people can alt f4 but the character will remain in game till the time combat system has gone idle.

i.e tibia

muuuch better than gimping alt f4 , rather completely remove it instead.

Rocket, add some anti cheat system if possible, there is too much cheaters.

also the plants disabling option is a cheat, maybe to scan the addons dir to check if the files exist.

To everyone crying about the respawn button being removed.... TOUGH SHIT!

There is nothing more annoying than seeing USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED USER HAS BEEN KILLED....

"But I can't meet up with my friends!" So? You think Rocket really cares if it takes you an extra 30 minutes to meet your friend? Nope. This was meant to be a DIFFICULT game. That difficulty would be removed if you could just spawn with someone else right off the bat. Pick a place to meet up, gather supplies on your way and by the time you meet up you should both have a weapon and some materials to survive.

And to everyone that is complaining about having a bad connection... You are probably a D/C'er and don't want your loophole removed. If you are legitimately disconnecting a lot due to poor connection, I suggest switching to one that doesn't suck? This is 2012 and you should really get with the times. If you want to play a serious online game and you connection sucks I don't have any sympathy for you.

Simple solution to the constant "USER WAS KILLED" messages: don't play on "noob" servers that have side chat and kill messages enabled. Judging from your attitude you seem to be a proponent of making DayZ as hard and brutal as possible, so why are you playing on recruit servers? Those are easy mode, and practically cheating.

Your second point isn't worth addressing because I don't know too many people who would willingly kill themselves lose all of their gear just to meet up with a friend. New players, yes, but once you get enough loot, it becomes laughable to even think about respawning.

And to your third point: I'm assuming you're under the age of 18 here, since demanding that people get better Internet connections demonstrates zero knowledge of how telecommunications companies operate. Live in a rural area? The major ISPs like Comcast and Verizon aren't going to invest in your tiny little town with a population of 300! Why lay out all those expensive fiber optic cables for maybe 10 or 20 new subscribers? People living in rural areas have one choice for Internet, and it's usually slow DSL (if they're lucky) or satellite Internet. Live in Boston? Comcast Internet shitty? Too bad, Mayor Menino blocked Verizon from providing high-speed Internet in Boston because Verizon didn't want to pay to install fiber-optic cable in low-income neighborhoods. Boston isn't the only city that's blocked ISPs from setting up in their cities.

• Like 3

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Worst thing ever. Just add a 10-20 sec timer. What if I dont want to start at Solnichniy? Very bad decision.

What if I broke my legs without morphine ? Should I crawl for several hours to the nearest hospital ? What If I stuck somewhere? Thats just stupid

Just let people to choose where to spawn. That solves everything.

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4)

Can you explain please? My internet desync several times thought the day. There should be a definite rule. Like no more then 10 altf4 per day or so. It should be obvious for the player where he will be banned.

Why not just let the player stay in the game for 10-20 sec after he DC ?

Edited by Roboserg

like he said, right now he is collecting data, to analyze how to find out those people whom need to get banned.

i realize that.

he just seemed surprised that hysteria set in when he mentioned banning

Why is the alt-f4 solution so damn complicated and dependent on building profiles? Part of the problem is that a solution has to be simple enough so that people can understand how it works. This does not appear to meet that standard and will leave a lot of people pissed off who are getting warnings. Second, a solution needs to be simple, with as little maintenance as possible. Tracking, issuing warnings, banning - way too many steps with potentially arbitrary rules. Why not a simple solution such as:

For server hoppers:

1. You cannot spawn in any building. If you try, you will randomly spawn in an open area within 20 meters from where you were last located.

2. When you spawn, if there are zombies nearby, they do not de-spawn.

Something simple like this does not depend on profiles and complex rules.

For alt-f4. The purpose here is to eliminate the cheap disconnects during a firefight. There is no other purpose than this. So the solution should only target this. Who cares that those disconnecting might also be do anything else, such as hacking.

1. 45-60 seconds log-out time, both aborting and entering the game. So if you disconnect you have a 45 second timer and if you reconnect you also have a 45 second timer. That will kill all alt-f4 noobs.

You can have your own variations about the above options, but they should be as simple as this.

Also, the hive has so many problems tracking anything, this is the reason why there is item duping, desyncing, etc. Don't create a solution that is dependent on the hive. Create a solution that can rely on local client servers. Let these guys be part of the solution.

Btw, the best and only content that need be added right: More maps!!! This will reduce a mountain of moaning and crying. I think alot of the whining on the forum has to do with people being bored of the current map. We need some new content.

Edited by boatie
  • Like 4

crawl till you find zombies or morphine or someone helps/shoots you

what??? this seems like a good way to spend an afternoon. Maybe broken leg should also cause bleading and eventual death.

Edited by Burt_Reynolds

Banning because of Alt+F4? That's exceptionally harsh.

Why not ban the bandits? :D After all, they're the one's who force people into a position where Alt+F4 is the only solution to survive. OK, I guess not. :) But at least cut the guys being ambushed some slack. After all it's very hard to get gear in this game, and having to start all over because of some douche is frustrating at best.

Otherwise I'm completely for banning hackers and cheaters. However, many paid money for the single reason of having access to this game, so whenever a ban is effected, there should be a very good reason - something more important than some douche bandit being irritated that he didn't get a kill.

Also, the hive has so many problems tracking anything, this is the reason why there is item duping, desyncing, etc. Don't create a solution that is dependent on the hive.

this!

what??? this seems like a good why to spend an afternoon. Maybe broken leg should also cause bleading and eventual death.

Lol ya sounds awful I know but ...hes also going to be adding ( rating approved) a suicide feature ..but I believe he stated you will need a gun with at least one bullet for this.

I am experimenting with adding back the 5 second "alive in world" mechanic that we had before. This should also be there, in addition to the tracking of login/logout.

10-20 seconds would be more appropriate.