rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Please tell me you're not that stupid. DayZ didn't nerf the weapons, BIS did, although you probably only bought ArmA 2 for DayZ and you have no clue what BIS is/who they are. They never said they are going to make people purchase skins/clothes in game, stop making up bullshit facts and pull the can of beans out of your ass. Have fun with WarZ and it's "realism" :)

I laughed when i read that cause i agree with you completely i dont get why people buy games expecting it to be ultra realistic, cause isnt the fun usually caused by what you do without the realism?

How has 3 days gone by and this guy isn't banned yet?

They don't let us moderate their forums. :P

... and yet another one to the tents:

I vote for removing tents totally from the game. They simply unbalance the game, as tents are mostly used by bigger groups or clans which are "overpowered" by nature. No need to add more storage place for their purposes. Tents allow a player to save stuff, hide it away from other players. There are exploits by placing tents on multiple servers at the same point on the map to easily exchange even more stuff and make it safer to hide it away or loose the stuff.

First law when you play DayZ: Do not stick to your gear!

sorry but i ask you one thing: what would you do in a survival situation like this? go out every fucking day to get new food/water/equipment and risk your life by doing so? i doubt it. you would pile up and make yourself a nice storage of all useful things.

clans are overpowered? why? because they group? they have friends to play with? that´s not really a unbalance. thats´s realism right there. a group always will have more control then a bunch of ungrouped people even if they are more than the group. (look how our society works. many people are controlled by few who grouped up.)

what should be fixed soon are the duping issues. honestly you even dont need a tent to do so[deleted how you do it but trust me you dont need a tent or anything else to store a item in] tents are ok. even a loner has use in tents and a little camp for himself. just because you where too dumb to settle somewhere you can´t complain about others who do so.

Edited by asmoO

except not. DayZ database is playerID tracked not GUID(CD-Key).

sorry but youre wrong :) dayz databases use the guid. (had a test server myself and banned a russian by his id. he changed it in arma and still cant connect.) that is why you cant create more then one character by simply changing your arma2 profile.

Edited by asmoO

sorry but youre wrong :) dayz databases use the guid. (had a test server myself and banned a russian by his id. he changed it in arma and still cant connect.) that is why you cant create more then one character by simply changing your arma2 profile.

Correct, player account is your CD key. Period.

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Alright, please?

Making good use of that name change ability I see.

• Like 1

Ok guys, any advice? My next post is my 1,600th!!

EDIT: Shit!!!

Edited by 1.7.2.4
  • Like 4

I think they are still making changes/updates. Personal I would rather see 1.7.2.4 released at a later date with no bugs than for the DayZ team to feel rushed to meet a "target date".

Think of it this way ... longer we wait likely hood is the update will be better/bug free.

• Like 1

Don't worry guys, I'll be the best patch, ever!!

Gold coins, classes, professions, safe zones.

Wait... What are you doing with that knife..... Gack!

The closed testing really does tire me out. Yawn.

ha!

You really earned your PhD there :beans:

Duping isn't the problem.

Re-spawn buttons(or the lack thereof) aren't the problem.

Hackers aren't the problem.

Weapon damage isn't the problem.

I totally get the fact that we need pvp, I'm not complaining about getting headshot and losing all my gear.

I have no problem with people camping out on a hill, overlooking a high activity area and shooting random people for shits and giggles.

That is all highly emergent gameplay and it's the reason that we all love this mod.

My only problem with this mod is with the players that shoot on sight, because they are afraid that if they don't, they will be shot on sight.

Rather than go on for hours about this, I'll just step aside and allow the non-retarded people to reply with their thoughts.

(retarded people will be blocked via their profile. I just found this feature and it's been quite useful already!) :)

Edit: Damn you shitty laptop keyboard! D:

Edited by Cyanyde

Somehow you just made it sound like non-retarded == people who agree with me. :P

Am i the only one who dont get this?

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

I haven't noticed any weapon nerf myself headshot is still instant kill. One of my friends learned that the hard way when crossing my line of fire.

Instead of complaining about the stopping power of pistols, start working on your marksmanship.

This is not fracking CS, in real military soldiers are taught to shoot center-mass, which I believe would apply to inexperienced civilians even more. Headshots

are for arcady FPS. A full clip of 9mm yet alone .45 should drop anyone not wearing armor.

• Like 5

So did BI release any info on why they changed weapon damages?

I snooped around their forums/site for a little whileand found zilch.

I don't really understand the change. With the revolver/1911 you sacrifice quantity for power, if you take the power away you don't leave it with very much.

my problem isnt zombies, is having to spend an entire 45 magazine on a running player, and he doesnt die. which makes no sense.

about zombies, ill just go back to using hatchet, 1 hit, silent kill as always.

A headshot is a 1-hit on a player. If you're trying to hit a running player and can't perhaps you should rethink which targets are viable and which aren't. Even when I have a very accurate sniper rifle I tend to wait till the target stops moving.

Somehow you just made it sound like non-retarded == people who agree with me. :P

took the words right out of my mouth.

Duping isn't the problem.

Re-spawn buttons(or the lack thereof) aren't the problem.

Hacker aren't the problem.

Weapon damage isn't the problem.

I totally get the fact that we need pvp, I'm not complaining about getting headshot and losing all my gear. I have no problem with people camping out on a hill, overlooking a high activity area and shooting random people for shits and giggles.

That is all highly emergent gameplay and it's the reason that we all love this mod.

My only problem with this mod is with the players that shoot on sight, because they are afraid that if they don't, they will be shot on sight.

Rather than go on for hours about this, I'll just step aside and allow the non-retarded people to reply with their thoughts.

(retarded people will be blocked via their profile. I just found this feature and it's been quite useful already!) :)

I think the ability to walk around with a gun not pointed at everyone, and weapons slung/holstered would do wonders. We'd need some kind of weapon draw feature, though, rather than having to go into inventory and unstash stuff from our backpacks.

I realize it's not in the Arma engine to do it.

Human interaction is very subtle. If there was a "peaceful" hand gesture, there could then be that "moment" when two people meeting have a choice. Draw their weapon or show the hand of friendship.

Sure, people would fake it, sure they could lie... But it would stop that moment of panic when a gun is in your face.

What defeats any of these efforts is the ability to just jump to another server and do it to other people. Killers should develop a reputation as people move around. I don't see a reasonable way to do that.

• Like 2

That's pretty much what I was trying to say.. good writing skills?

sorry no, that's not what I meant. I'm not a dick, I meant if you don't agree with me, I will write an eloquent(unless I'm drunk by then) reply, and then block you.. er no.. never mind, I'm just drunk. Here have my beans. :beans:

• Like 1

This is not fracking CS, in real military soldiers are taught to shoot center-mass, which I believe would apply to inexperienced civilians even more. Headshots

are for arcady FPS. A full clip of 9mm yet alone .45 should drop anyone not wearing armor.

In the real military how are they taught to deal with zombies? People who cherry-pick their realism to support their arguments probably don't win too many arguments.

I am not saying the changes were good, I'm saying you have the ability to deal with the changes in-game. I'd think you'd have more fun doing that than crying about it on the forums but I could be wrong.

I've been using headshots since the day I started the game, it just makes sense to conserve ammo that way.

Edited by random51