rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

tell me again where the trophy is when you kill X amount of players? they could mark the kills on the wall with their own feces (aka poop) to keep score. it doesn't matter. they kill so they can have that rush that thrill or just to be a pain in the ass. the score has nothing to do with it. there is a section for making suggestions on this forum. making them on posts about updates are not the place to make suggestions in the first place.

Yes, but they'd be going through the effort to do this. Where as right now it's automatic, and I don't like it.

Sadly not maybe next week :?

I dont get it. If the patch is delayed, why dont he change the date in the topic?

Oh well, he probably has a lot to do right now

For those complaining about the removal of the respawn button, there will be something new put into place for spawning.

We may have to deal with not being able to respawn for a few versions, but eventually we will get something much better than what we have.

We're testers.. we need to put up with minor (sometimes major) discomforts, but in the long run we are helping to make the future stand alone version of this game the best that it can be.

I'm fine with dealing with a few inconveniences for the time being.. it's not like I have any reason to complain about this amazing free mod that I'm being allowed to test.. I'm just glad to be a part of building it. :)

As said in a follow-up post it's not the best for meeting people like a larger city is! My style of course, I'm in no way speaking for anybody else :)

It's not an accurate assessment at all. Going into a large city before going inland is just a waste of time. You can run extremely far without eating or drinking directly after spawning in. Unless you are just looking to kill people or be killed, going to a large city before moving inland isn't productive. The only reason to go to a large city before going inland is to kill a sniper on the outskirts and get insta-geared.

My vote is to choose spawns along the coast. Blocking spawn points that are 'close' to the last place a person died would be ideal. This way someone couldn't easily get revenge on someone who just killed them.

Edited by LunaTiK

I just want to say that this is the game that I always wanted to play but never thought would be made. You (rocket) and your staff are awesome. Best gaming-experience so far! Never give up on the realism, that's what makes it original and fun to play.

• Like 5

Didn't I read somewhere, for the flashlight bug, that you could look straight down and somehow that would fix it?

I was at Klen this morning just before dawn and I flicked the light on and off on my M4A3 CCO. That was fun.

Removing the respawn button is stupid until you give us the ability to pick where we spawn.

I really didnt feel like looking thru all 90 pages, any chance someone could share an ETA if one was given beyond the original WED July 25?

I really didnt feel like looking thru all 90 pages, any chance someone could share an ETA if one was given beyond the original WED July 25?

+1

Rocket.

Reconsider disabling the respawn button / we need someway to kill ourself..

Problem:

#1: There are places you get stuck and really need respawn, sometimes on rocks, in buildnings or even sometimes you spawn inside the wall in novy

#2: With the hackers ruining the game. ive today been turned into a goat 2 times. and a few people been turned into cows\sheeps. if we cannot use the respawn button.

we are pretty much F***ED. these animals cant run they are really slow. if you got weapons equiped you cannot move at all. so if your in the forest and get turned into a animal.. you can't really go anywhere. and you can't die without the respawn\kill button.

Solution instead of removing the respawn button. put a timer on it, like only 1 respawn every 10-20min? this will stop peoples from trying to get better spawns.

In 20 minutes you can run from the other side to the other side.

One more thing that needs to be fixed when you log into a server, is when it says ''setup completed'' in a black screen, the character is already in the game for some seconds completely visable and of course an easy target cause he is still in a black screen... Also if i left my character prone the last time i played, when he logs on again he is stand up and prones later with a result of been seen + the noise he makes when he is proning again ...

• Like 1

Removing the respawn button is stupid until you give us the ability to pick where we spawn.

He can atleast use a confirmation at respawn as many missclicks!

Rocket whats the progress on the current tent fix

what's the problem with the tents?

what's the problem with the tents?

tents dont save properly. things dissapear from them, also tents dissapear, appear again with nothing in them etc etc

In 20 minutes you can run from the other side to the other side.

20 min to get from the other side of what to the other side of what?
  • Like 1

tents dont save properly. things dissapear from them, also tents dissapear, appear again with nothing in them etc etc

the real problem with tents is that you can use them to very easily dupe items.

• Like 1

shut up... stop complaining about where u respawn, learn to land-nav and give up on the "when i spawn in i need to be right where i want to be"

• Like 1

when is a stanima system coming to keep people from crossing the whole map in a matter of 20min... follow ACE stanima its model is close enough to work for now, perfect in my opinion but im sure some will believe it needs nerfing

So I see that this thread is 90 pages long so forgive me if this has been asked, but has Rocket addressed the issue with tents? Every time the server resets I lose all my gear in tents. It is quite frustrating, because I have a backpack full of gear, but I can't store it anywhere because I will just lose it on the next server reset. ANY word on a fix for this would be much appreciated. Thanks!