rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

No update today! See you guys tomorrow :D

12 hours left of Wednesday. :)

• Like 1

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT (sorry, not with guitar)

Remember, kids. When the new patch comes out, and you rush to download it, it will ALSO take the server admins some time to set up.

I suggest waiting if you hate not having many servers to play on.

At the very least, once you install, have your server list set to filter for 1.7.2.4. You will save yourself a lot of headache.

• Like 1

Rocket

Decided to find time and to read through all responces in the topic (well, managed up to page 45).

It is generally ideas for future awesome, but some concerns:

We sometime have to switch many servers in row to find appropriate due to lack or wrong server parameters in description

Hive-reputation is a nice idea, but really, how many people will know about the reputation check at the site? I'd say about 5% of those actually playing. As far as I know people, it would result in many players finding these things only after they got banned. Thus it may be better to go with 3-days ban first instead of perma. Nor will they read warnings on the loading screen.

Will there be implemented +reputation changes, or only -? For example additng some points for each day of staying alive (up to some low limit). The desired affect is: false-positives, being rather seldom, will not break the reputation of a nice player.

Will we have a full list of things giving - reputation? E.G. from the given descriptions I'm not if going to lobby and back is considered a -rep violation.

Rocket

Decided to find time and to read through all responces in the topic (well, managed up to page 45).

We sometime have to switch many servers in row to find appropriate due to lack or wrong server parameters in description

Hive-reputation is a nice idea, but really, how many people will know about the reputation check at the site? I'd say about 5% of those actually playing. As far as I know people, it would result in many players finding these things only after they got banned. Thus it may be better to go with 3-days ban first instead of perma. Nor will they read warnings on the loading screen.

Will there be implemented +reputation changes, or only -? For example additng some points for each day of staying alive (up to some low limit). The desired affect is: false-positives, being rather seldom, will not break the reputation of a nice player.

Will we have a full list of things giving - reputation? E.G. from the given descriptions I'm not if going to lobby and back is considered a -rep violation.

Play the game without exploiting and you should be fine. And people not keeping themselves informed about the rules aren't really rockets problem. :)

• Like 1

What about new rare (really rare) weapons? Never gonna happen?

Play the game without exploiting and you should be fine. And people not keeping themselves informed about the rules aren't really rockets problem. :)

Like it was said before - there may be false-positives.

The fact that 95% of people are idiots make others consider it.

what about alt f4 because of game crashes, are these going to be punished too or server hopping because the server has bad lag issues or just plain server issues were the game doesnt load and so on are these people going to be punished too?

what about alt f4 because of game crashes, are these going to be punished too or server hopping because the server has bad lag issues or just plain server issues were the game doesnt load and so on are these people going to be punished too?

Yes. There will be an instant ban on anyone closing the game. Keep your computer running at all times.

• Like 2

Rocket,

Allow me to say thank you. This "anti-game" is unlike anything yet created. In a couple of weeks I've already had many memorable adventures with new and old friends.

I am mystified as to why people don't trust your judgment. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't even be here. I don't know of anyone else who "gets it" the way you do, and who has the abilities and opportunities you have. I am glad that you are in charge, and no one else. I know that we're in good hands. We have a lot to look forward too. Things will only get better from here.

Don't worry so much, people! You're part of a grand adventure, starting at the grassroots level! Sit back and enjoy the ride! The pilot knows how to fly!

Edited by Junos

Did I said anything about your gear? Or did I said something about MY gear? Wipe all and in 1-2 days everybody will have the same gear before wiping so there is no point in that. And my beans actually very tasty.

Yes, all players beans are tasty, there is no way of avoiding that. I don't really understand what you are saying... You mean to tell me that wiping all the servers will cause everyone to get to the same level of security they are at now with duping of items happening on the scale that it is? Most of the good weapons you think you got because of luck off a dead person or random tent are from duping. Things get duped, people die and those weapons cascade down the player ranks into the hands of everyone. Good weapons do not spawn as commonly as they are found off players.

Nice Changelog...

No more "lets kill him second time when he come and want to grab his gear back" that spawnchoosing was gay. Live with your new spawn and keep going. Get friends, get Cars and they will pick you up :)

i like it and hope to see no other problems when the patch arrives the Servers.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Rocket,

Is there any plan to start requiring servers to update to latest patch that way everyone is playing same version?

Rocket

now we're making excuses for people that don't wanna read warnings?

For starters the I dont really mind the fact that it might discourage random groups. You either trust them or you dont. Im sure either party at some stage had an oportunity to backstab why wait till they DC. Or how about at the end of you little holding hands adventure you both go your separate ways then only log when you are alone/think you are alone.

Ok if i can see you YOURE IN COMBAT.

If I can hear your footsteps/gunshots and know i know where you are YOURE IN COMBAT.

DayZ is a mod for a COMBAT SIM. You are allways in danger. You never know what can happen.

so you fine with discouraging legitimate types of play just so PVP is easier?

Edited by Orthus

Please leave respawn , running 50000 miles to join your friends sucks, if you do take it away implement where you want to spawn right away,, Also the main thing that is going to kill this mod is idiots spawning and teleporting players and we have no way of stopping it. That needs to be priority

Glad to see the removal of respawn incoming. Adding back to the "crap I'm in the middle of freaking no where and have to find shit to survive."

Next request: remove Elektro and Cherno from possible spawn points.

Please leave respawn , running 50000 miles to join your friends sucks, if you do take it away implement where you want to spawn right away,, Also the main thing that is going to kill this mod is idiots spawning and teleporting players and we have no way of stopping it. That needs to be priority

Not a big issue imo, you are never more then a few hundred meters from the nearest zombie that would love to chew on your face for you.

so you fine with discouraging legitimate types of play just so PVP is easier?

I see you chose your words carefully and CHANGED your post you "legitimate types of play"

I think you and i have different ideas about the definition of legitimate.

I am in support for a cooldown timer when you leave the game in any way, period.

Also good to see the removal of respawn.

Edited by chodeofwar

Isn't ARMA 3, and thus, the engine... not due out for a while? Even the alpha for ARMA III was pushed out to the fall, which may make sense for a standalone Day Z alpha.

ARMA 3 is way beyond Alpha stage at this point. Furthermore Alpha and Beta don't really have much meaning when it comes to modern online games. Most good online games are in beta for the majority of their lifetime. Always being tested, always being tweaked, always being updated, etc. Alpha on the other hand is whatever the developer in question wants it to be.

Tents still are unconfirmed fixed, heck i'd easily wait another day for them to be fixed.

Edited by James_W_P1

I didn't read all 73 pages. Does anyone know if there will be any kind of a disconnect-timer preventing disconnecting while in combat in THIS update?

I didn't read all 73 pages. Does anyone know if there will be any kind of a disconnect-timer preventing disconnecting while in combat in THIS update?

No, only a mechinic so rocket and co. can collect data so they can write algorithm to notice certain patterns of data known to be similar to those of alt-f4ers and server hoppers.

How about ... Just starting to play when you connect?

Why does playing together start when you are in the same place?

Adventure as you navigate to each other. Maybe someone will find a vehicle or a tent you can share.

Why is that so hard to fathom?

• Like 1

you are retarded. read 3 posts up from yours.

You are so cool.

You refer to this post?

Open his profile, in the upper right corner there is a button called 'find' content'. That will show you all his posts.

You will no longer spawn 'out of bounds' you will go to the beach instead.

So your advice is that I should read rockets posts (which I do)?

Or do you refer to the statement that you will no longer spawn out of bounds? In case this case, how long do you think that this bug is scheduled to be fixed (and it is definitely not fixed up to now)? As long as there are still reports of people spawning at debug hill, you should not take away the only way out (Respawn). ***IF*** this is ***REALLY*** fixed, you could decide to remove the respawn button.

I do not see how the removing of this feature does improve the game. I don't care if sb uses this to have an easier start. I go from where ever I start... except from debug hills!