rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

ETA still tomorrow? Can't wait for this patch, because of helis :)

In my opinion it's ok for people to respawn if they spawn to a place they wouldn't have wanted to spawn at. Big groups who want to play together already have it so hard to find each other, not mentioning getting forced spawns.. "First world problems", no more misclick suicides for me, that's great.

Guys put some trust into Rocket with the logging data collection and algorithm creating.

I can't believe how paranoid some are here about false positives. Rocket appears to understand the sensitivity and the dangers of wrongfully flagging people so they will take it step-by-step to sort out only those apples which are clearly rotten.

To add to this comment, the respawn was never intended to be used the way it is. Therefore, I need to confirm if the original design idea was a good one, or a terrible one. For this we actually need to test it and not base it on opinions here. Because clearly, there are people who think it is a good idea and those who think it is terrible. The test may never make it out of closed testing so you might not even experience it.

Perhaps conditional respawn is an option? For example, a broken leg allows a player to respawn so players aren't forced to travel miles crawling to find someone/something to put them down? Another condition could be spawning away from designated spawn point? My friend who logged out at NE airstrip area logged in next day in an open and seemingly infinte plain (presumably well off the map). luckily a server switch respawned him in otmel with all his gear, still a major inconvenience since I was still at airstrip but better than losing all his gear. If this otmel spawn didn't eventuate and there was no respawn option, good luck playing DayZ anytime soon if that were to happen to anyone

To add to this comment, the respawn was never intended to be used the way it is. Therefore, I need to confirm if the original design idea was a good one, or a terrible one. For this we actually need to test it and not base it on opinions here. Because clearly, there are people who think it is a good idea and those who think it is terrible. The test may never make it out of closed testing so you might not even experience it.

IMO, all three coastal towns need a spawn point. berezino is practicly a ghost town besides an occasional sniper near the military tents and ocasional stray looters.

add several spawn points in all three major coastal towns, and let people pick a spot.

this way people can actively choose, do they wanna spawn in a city and risk a PvP encounter, or do they want a more peaceful spawn somewhere between the major cities.

both parties profit. PvE poeple will avoid town spawns, and for those that enjoy a quick PvP, will choose coastal towns without having to die and hope for the spawn they want.

Edited by Ganjastar

So, should I just take a holiday? or carry on?

Take a holiday. Really. Then return and build a proper stand-alone Arma3-based DayZ 2.0.

Or secure a multimillion deal with a publisher and build a single-shard MMO, which would dwarf EVE Online (concept: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43984-solution-to-horizontal-load-balancing-and-more/)

Or keep investing your time and effort into an outdated engine that you cannot even change.

Anyways, do take a holiday, we need you :)

Okay, let me put it like this:

1. I cannot realistically do any more to curb hackers in the mod, because this just alters game data and not the source.

2. Therefore, do you think it is sensible for me to do nothing else. This would involve me, probably, taking a holiday and maybe visiting my family. Or sleeping. Now, these sound like great ideas - I but I figured I would keep developing while those who can deal with the hacking issues... do.

So, should I just take a holiday? or carry on?

Most people here dont understand how it works nowadays, Game studios rarely develop their own anti-cheat system to go with their games, its too much work to do. Instead, they contract. Everyone here should know that;

Theres 3 layers to "development" of DayZ, indirectly. Theres,

DayZ team that develops the mod

Bohemia Interactive that develops and patches the game(Source, such as content, bugs, server performance, SDK improvements)

Battleye Innovations that develop the client that goes with the servers to counter cheats and hacks.

These are 3 different parties, where the DayZ staff is the party that is left out the most from Battleye. DayZ has NOTHING to do with Battleye, Bohemia Interactive contracted Battleye to develop Battleye for ArmA, these 2 studios work with eachother to improve cheat protection, NOT DayZ.

Anything Battleye related is supposed to go to the Bohemia interactive forums, not here.

[NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded
Thus disabling Editor and people willing to test some things will have to disable DayZ in order to do so? Please consider.

Why do people hate Kamenka? I for one love it. Its the first place i ever spawned. It will always be my home. If i have to spawn there everytime i play DayZ i will be more than happy. Feck it, just have everyone spawn in Kamenka with an AK47 and 1 mag. Survival of the fittest. Spawn > Shoot > Run !!!

Love the mod, keep up the OUTSTANDING work my friend.

Why you called Rocket BTW?

And mite I add, finding a good server for yourself shouldn't really require you to log in and log out. This only adds to my suspicion everyone bitching about this is an avid DCer.

First you have the latency idicator which is usually fairly accurate. I have gone into servers that show green 70 and or less. Halfway through play through I get yellow, red, and broken red chains with no drop in FPS or DC. It comes and goes. Its normal. As for day night, thats not such a game breaking problem that we should consider letting people DC and server hop just because you got unlucky and found yourself in the dark. PLAY the game! Sometimes its dark. You start with a flashlight now. Its effective, albeit dangerous to use. But again that is the game.

Anyway, this could be avoided by server owners either being true to the local time zone they are located in or by clearly marking on their server. And for the gamer its simple. FIND A SERVER THAT HAS AN ACTIVE ADMIN! Find one that is always updating their timezone, that is stable. There is no FREAKING WAY i am the only person that has 4 good servers available at any given time. There is just no freaking way. I live in the states. In most cases we have some of the shittiest internet in the world. Noone in Asia better complain, thats for sure, with their fiber to home and fiber NICs. So no, I don't think this, like all the other outlandish reasons all you avid DCers come up with is a valid reason. Like I said if you internet is such shit that you genuinely cannot find a good server, you need to sell your game, buy more bandwidth, or move if playing dayz is that important to you.

Please SOMEONE argue this to me. Someone present me with a coherent and intelligent counter responce to this and I will drop it and advocate against anti DC mechanics.

Argue it? Sure. I don't like sitting at a screen "waiting for character to create" and then "loading" for 20 minutes. Last night I went through about 15 servers because of this before I finally got one that let me in promptly.

About me facts:

PC

Ivy 3770k

GTX 680 Sli

16 GB Ram

SSDs in RAID 0

100/100 direct to home fiber connection.

So it's not me that's causing these issues, but I am going to be punished with a bad rep because of eternal loads and character creates. Combat disco's are the minority of disconnect issues. Sorry you get denied kills, but a logout timer or an inability to logout if under a negative status, should be more than adequate to end that. Putting reputation in and a rolling cooldown on connection (yay lets make it take even longer!) when the majority of players won't ever come here to see it or care about it is pointless.

Edited by Lobo
  • Like 1

Perhaps conditional respawn is an option? For example, a broken leg allows a player to respawn so players aren't forced to travel miles crawling to find someone/something to put them down? Another condition could be spawning away from designated spawn point? My friend who logged out at NE airstrip area logged in next day in an open and seemingly infinte plain (presumably well off the map). luckily a server switch respawned him in otmel with all his gear, still a major inconvenience since I was still at airstrip but better than losing all his gear. If this otmel spawn didn't eventuate and there was no respawn option, good luck playing DayZ anytime soon if that were to happen to anyone

Pretty damn good idea. Okay, I like it. If it detects you in debug zone, or you have a fracture, the respawn option will be enabled. We'll try that out. It is posts like this that are the reason we tollerate the BS.

IMO, all three coastal towns need a spawn point. berezino is practicly a ghost town besides an occasional sniper near the military tents and ocasional stray looters.

add several spawn points in all three major coastal towns, and let people pick a spot.

this way people can actively choose, do they wanna spawn in a city and risk a PvP encounter, or do they want a more peaceful spawn somewhere between the major cities.

both parties profit. PvE poeple will avoid town spawns, and for those that enjoy a quick PvP, will choose coastal towns without having to die and hope for the spawn they want.

That is a new feature, as I said, I will consider how spawning works when group-play is looked at properly. But I'm not going to add that as a hotfix.

Take a holiday. Really. Then return and build a proper stand-alone Arma3-based DayZ 2.0.

Or secure a multimillion deal with a publisher and build a single-shard MMO, which would dwarf EVE Online (concept: http://dayzmod.com/f...ncing-and-more/)

Or keep investing your time and effort into an outdated engine that you cannot even change.

Anyways, do take a holiday, we need you :)

It was a rhetorical question :) I am confident the issues will be largely solved in the coming three months.

• Like 8

This would turn all 3 cities into counterstrike servers. Berezino is the only one people can go to without being caught up in a PvP shitstorm caused by people spawning there with nothing to lose. This kills the game a little for those who want a more genuine survival game. IMO it's fine that cherno and elektro are like that but we need at least one big city with no spawn. Getting into the heart of a big city should be rewarded, not destroyed by some trigger happy player who just spawned and found an enfield. Deducts from the survival aspect. Leave how it is

• Like 5

Keep up the good work Rocket,

Yours sincerely, the oldest DayZ player there is.

• Like 1

Rocket, can you please be sure to get the servers in line before going to far with the logout/login penalties. All the people I play with (which is in the neighbor hood of 40+) and I spend a good portion of the start of our daily DayZ adventure trying to find the right server. I would hate to gather a poor reputation cause I've had to cycle through shit servers in order to find a good one each day. We're not hopping for loot purposes. Just trying to find one we all can play on. Really man... It's horrible mess out there...

Edited by Void

Pretty damn good idea. Okay, I like it. If it detects you in debug zone, or you have a fracture, the respawn option will be enabled. We'll try that out. It is posts like this that are the reason we tollerate ....

To add more to this- is it possible for the abort button to vanish during times of shock (when being fired upon?) most of the time, the shock icon stays up for the majority of pvp duration. I may be wrong though, but I do see it often when a sniper or rifle rings off at me. If they alt f4 they'll be detected by the hive too. Not sure of performance ramifications here.

Also, I noticed zombies are invincible during their transition animations. Many that monkey run stand up to attack, and during that time of standing abd attacking, I unload into them only to watch it crouch down and continue to peruse. Is this a known issue?

Lastly, I have noticed very large spawn counts for tree stands near stary... Every server was the same. Some tree stands north of stary spawn huge amounts and they don't stop. Helicopter spawns are also very frequent and fast.

Just a few bugs I've noticed recently.

Rocket, can you please be sure to get the servers in line before going to far with the logout/login penalties. All the people I play with (which is in the neighbor hood of 40+) and I spend a good portion of the start of our daily DayZ adventure trying to find the right server. I would hate to gather a poor reputation cause I've had to cycle through shit servers in order to find a good one each day. We're not hopping for loot purposes. Just trying to find one we all can play on. Really man... It's horrible mess out there...

LOGGING player authentication is part of this update.

ACTIONS based on this logging is not part of it.

• Like 2

rocket there have been numerous threads/posts about people losing the gear upon logging in and non of them have received an official response, is this a problem you are aware of and working on?

ROCKET!I sent you a ticket for a "momentary" fix for the artifacts ingame , they're caused by Wire fenches and Tank traps, if you disable them on servers there will be no more artifacts until they'llget fixed.

Rocket,

Sometimes when you log in a server, just after the "Loading complete, please wait" it show the scoreboard and it says you are dead from no real reasons! :/

so when it happen to me, i get scared and Alt+Tab end processus, and when i log into an other server, my character is here and alive.

What is this ? Am i the only one ?

Edited by warriorx51

Rocket,

Sometimes when you log in a server, just after the "Loading complete, please wait" it show the scoreboard and it says you are dead from no real reasons! :/

so when it happen to me, i get scared and Alt+Tab end processus, and when i log into an other server, my character is here and alive.

What is this ? Am i the only one ?

Sometime happens , to me too , i logged in a server and died after , while loading , i spawned near my body dead on foot and toke everything i had.

We're not hopping for loot purposes. Just trying to find one we all can play on. Really man... It's horrible mess out there...

He isn't bullshitting here. I play with a few friends too and we are all scattered throughout the country. We try to go for central servers and use the 6launcher. We probably have to hop servers about 10-15 times trying to find a good one. In many cases it is just a bad server version which I doubt adds anything to the rep since we never technically logged in. Other times we find one with a good ping but by the time we join, the framerate is going at like 10fps. That's unplayable...so we quit. Many other times we sit watching the loading screen(and keep in mind, this is after we passed the lobby) that keeps loading... and loading... and loading. So again, we quit. This kind of stuff should not affect our rep.

On another note...

One thing I am sick of seeing is elitist buttholes saying "get better internets". Sure buddy, pay for people's contractual obligated early termination fees and they would happily change their internet for you. Until then, your comments are not helping the problem. Just because something works for you, does not mean it works for everyone. Are you just pissed off because somebody alt f4d on you when you cowardly shot at them from behind a bush?