rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

With all due respect' date=' power without foresight is self-destructive.

Before jumping up and cracking jokes, think about just how many people are actually watching you right now. I feel I am not exaggerating when I say that the gist of the gaming community is checking this mod out, watching and seeing how it works. That's not your concern, understandable, but an ounce of prevention and all that. Red5 is pulling this off nicely, and I would have loved to read a joke about the Zombies unionizing to prevent being nerfed (or something similar).

Instead, I get a jab at the "carebear" demographic that, on paper, makes it look like you're demeaning them and making direct fun of them. Just throwing your hands up and saying "I kid! I kid!" isn't going to help when the rest of the community begins a witch-hunt for casual lovers (who, I might add, do come here and see the sticky on the general discussion). It comes off as EXTREMELY snobby, and makes you look immature at best. I know that's not you, but that's how it came off, and believe me when I say I can definitely not be the only one that reads it that way.

[/quote']

Roger, noted and accepted. Perhaps an unfortunate byproduct of the popularity of the mod. I was *hoping* to retain my happy-go-lucky nature but I suppose this will have to be dropped somewhat.

I will still try to put the odd joke in... somehow!

Please don't start talking like a robot and being completely neutral in an effort to not offend the whiny Ameribabies that can't take a silly joke like poking fun by calling whiners "care bears".

Anyone who takes offence to that has some issues, all of us Aussies and New Zealanders are laughing with you man and I love how you seem like a normal guy with an Aussie sense of humour who is often sarcastic, condescending and makes silly jokes while still coming across like a nice person who cares about his game and his community.

Don't change for a few crying babbies...

Optimize to reliable degree before you change it entirely period. I was sitting literally 30 seconds right clicking on a bandage seeing my blood 8k to 0 and not taking. If you work optimization make sure it works before you do it.

And I bet you were right-clicking on the list on the left instead of the icon on the right - the actual inventory slot icon (if not I apologize ahead of time). It works perfectly. Not sure why you had such a hard time with it. Whatever the case. I love what it adds to the game. To each their own.

Completely unnecessary change.

Other than the large performance boost to the game it's given, obviously.

It's an Alpha, things change all the time, some things to try to increase performance, sometimes to make things more intuitive, or to make the game easier or harder. It's one of those things you have to get used to, unless you want to sit out and wait for it to hit Beta, when the game development tends to start settling down a bit.

Good stuff!

And I like rocket's casual attitude!

Makes him sound like he doesn't work for EA!

It's looking good so far.. UNTIL THE UNGODLY FPS DROPPING RAIN OF DOOM FALLS!!! Something seems to be wrong with the rain :(

LOL rain is killing your fps and your body? that is awesome!

its still an alpha but this will be fun ingame :P seeing that when it rains the top tier pc's will have an advantage!

Dear Rocket,

RE: Carebear Hate

Yeah because you creating this mod for us, for free isn't enough. We demand your freedoms as well, first to go is speech. How dare you make jokes, let alone use profanity? Don't you understand our lack of intellect and overall "retardism" is unable to process these kind of harmful statements?

I cry literal tears of blood when someone calls me mean names. I believe it's a condition called pussyhitis. You should really respect our weakness and not allow the harshness of the world to consume our pathetic existence.

I choose to live a sheltered life, how dare you attempt to bring me out of my shell.

Carebear is the worst of the worst in terms of derogatory statements. My level of cowardice and overall fragile being cannot take anymore brutal blows Rocket!

NO MY WINCHESTER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuu

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ROCKET, NEVER CHANGE

take into consideration the possibility that those writing up mini essays about why you shouldnt be calling others 'carebears' are probably too young to be playing this legally in the first place - I mean wtf? Who cares? NEVER CHANGE.

btw, i love you with all my penis

this is the game ive been waiting for... stalker 2 has to match this atmosphere and dynamic nature or not compete imo

A carebear isn't someone who wants to take the safe path. (I believe they're known as pussies)

They take the most dangerous path by going out of their way to help others.

awesome patch though. Gives military campers a reason to hit up barns and hospitals.

Some sickness 'relief' items in supermarkets would be cool (to stop the coughing and spluttering, but not the blood situation)

ive been reading through two threads for an answer regarding the difference in versions of weapons and sfx in the changelog compared to the server - should I wait to update, or is it just named incorrectly?

Pretty crazy zombie respawn timer, but I'm liking the temp system, definitely gives me and my bandit pals a new reason to kill survivors, gotta get those meds and wood :) First impressions were low for this patch, but after a couple hours of play I'm loving it.

Regarding the amount of zombies spawning and the 'carebears' comment' date=' Rocket was clearly just kidding.

[/quote']

So he's making fun of people that prefer a different game style. Rocket is a grown man and should know better than to assume anyone different is a carebear.

So from now on, anyone different than me, who can't see gamers as people, or women as more than rape victims, is a self-entitled prick.

Hey, it's what everyone else is doing.

Dude - just relax - he's just taking the piss. Stop taking everything so seriously. Carebear.

Regarding the amount of zombies spawning and the 'carebears' comment' date=' Rocket was clearly just kidding.

[/quote']

So he's making fun of people that prefer a different game style. Rocket is a grown man and should know better than to assume anyone different is a carebear.

So from now on, anyone different than me, who can't see gamers as people, or women as more than rape victims, is a self-entitled prick.

Hey, it's what everyone else is doing.

Dude - just relax - he's just taking the piss. Stop taking everything so seriously. Carebear.

This. relax, this is fun. It's a wilde ride, enjoy it, and don't take things personaly but with a wink ;)

Er... is it just me or are the have the download links not updated the DayZ_weapons_v1.1.1?I have checked all the links and none of them have the new DayZ_weapons_v.1.1.2 :(

Please halp :3

Glad that the Winchester has been fixed, the gun nut in me was crying that a 15 round shotgun that looks like a rifle even exists...

Once I get home, I'm sure I'll be finding out how wonderfully broken the temperature system is, then go wood hunting so that I don't lose half my blood :D

A bit of offtopic here: This forum is starting to grow in to a flaming inferno of people getting annoyed by Rocket calling them "carebears" because of a playstyle, and other people trolling and calling them pussies and whatnot. You'd be wise to start handing out warnings for flaming soon, or you might have a riot on your hands.

Great patch so far though, can't wait until the clothes come out.

Glad they nerfed the Winchester. It was unrealistic. 15 shotgun rounds in one tube? What... is the gun 6 feet long' date=' or are we talking about 1 and 3/4th inch shells? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/255579/aguila-minishell-ammunition-12-gauge-1-3-4-5-8-oz-7-1-2-shot-box-of-20

Please...

[/quote']

The actual rifle had a 15 round tube magazine, so it's exactly how it's meant to be. It's not a shotgun anyway, it's a lever-action repeater.

Also, relating to the OP, what's with Rocket always offending his playerbase? Seems kind of silly to me; you wouldn't find a musician offending his fanbase.

Most fan bases wouldn't pay for a musicians music anyway - so your point is invalid. Plus Rocket is exactly what the gaming community needed - a no bullshit fun attitude. Get on board or get out if you can't handle it.

What was done to the Winchester, just the pellets removed from the ammunition or has the damage been lowered?