rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

On the subject of the carebear thing' date=' so the fuck what? You're all adults, you shouldn't need to grow up. Would you rather have the interaction between you and Rocket handled by some sterile calculating support team like those bastards at EA and Ubisoft? You've got human interaction you twits. Why are you complaining about a good thing? This is transparency, and it's where game development is heading.

[/quote']

Because narcissism is not human interaction, it's mud slinging. In DayZ, you're entitled to be the biggest asshole you want to be, that's how the game works, but the forums should be where everyone chills and leaves the drama at the door. Instead, I'm seeing an almost Nazi level when it comes to the "carebear" issue. DayZ is not run by some master race, just people who like the ultra-difficult survival and threat of inevitable demise. That's perfectly okay, in fact I'm totally in for that, but I'm NOT in for treating people that don't like this mod like an untermensch.

People are telling me to grow up, yet I'm not sitting here making rape jokes and telling co-op players to get bent. If someone wants it easier, we just say that's not in the spirit of the game and move on, we don't need to tar a feather them just to stroke our egoistic nature.

As for the wood issue: To be fair, an axe would, realistically, have to take up the space of a primary slot. Breaking down branches would be a possible, but an ineffective and time consuming method. The best thing to do would be to go and get the firewood you need from an already cut area.

Interactions with OBJECTS (e.g. other players) remains the same. Interactions with your own gear' date=' is via the gear menu. It's a bit confusing, cause it is a transition period and trying something new. Eventually we'll get a good mechanic out of it.

[/quote']

What do bandages do now? They don't stop people bleeding to death.

RE: The carebears comments.

I'm a New Zealander. I crack jokes to help relieve stress. I take very little seriously, most of all myself. You probably won't find a more carebear player than me. No offense intended, but remember these forums are my home - so you will unfortunately see me swearing a lot and making the odd silly joke.

I figure you may as well know me as I am, warts and all, and then you can take me as I am without me pretending to be something I am not. Do I say the wrong things some times? yes. Do I make mistakes? yes. But I live and learn and hopefully I can learn fast enough to keep up with the mod :)

Take all my post's with a grain of salt :)

• Like 1

On the subject of the carebear thing' date=' so the fuck what? You're all adults, you shouldn't need to grow up. Would you rather have the interaction between you and Rocket handled by some sterile calculating support team like those bastards at EA and Ubisoft? You've got human interaction you twits. Why are you complaining about a good thing? This is transparency, and it's where game development is heading.

[/quote']

Because narcissism is not human interaction, it's mud slinging. In DayZ, you're entitled to be the biggest asshole you want to be, that's how the game works, but the forums should be where everyone chills and leaves the drama at the door. Instead, I'm seeing an almost Nazi level when it comes to the "carebear" issue. DayZ is not run by some master race, just people who like the ultra-difficult survival and threat of inevitable demise. That's perfectly okay, in fact I'm totally in for that, but I'm NOT in for treating people that don't like this mod like an untermensch.

People are telling me to grow up, yet I'm not sitting here making rape jokes and telling co-op players to get bent. If someone wants it easier, we just say that's not in the spirit of the game and move on, we don't need to tar a feather them just to stroke our egoistic nature.

All those big words over 'carebears', you've got a bad case of manufactured drama. I'd get that looked at by a health care professional.

Interactions with OBJECTS (e.g. other players) remains the same. Interactions with your own gear' date=' is via the gear menu. It's a bit confusing, cause it is a transition period and trying something new. Eventually we'll get a good mechanic out of it.

[/quote']

They do if you actually use them... I am sorely disapointed with the playerbase.... HOW TO BANDAGE is spammed across every server. I knew before I went in.

[FIXED?] Too many zombies for the Carebears to be able to play

Can't you just say "everyone less than me is a pussy" like everyone else? You sound like a total douchebag when you think everyone that doesn't like magic zombies is an imaginary character that likes tree hugging and rainbows.

You basically told people "if you're not man enough to play my mod' date=' you're a pansy, go uninstall and play something else, like a kids game."

Right, because real men make fun of people to feel important. Grow up rocket, the world is watching you. You're not a politician, you're a gamer, and you're above such low-life namecalling as "carebear." There are co-op mods out there, and telling people to get bent just because they don't have fun the way you do is gamer harassment at its finest. Just because you THINK you're some kind of macho hardcore nerd for making a mod that punishes players constantly does not give you the right to say "everyone that doesn't like my game is a carebear pussy"

In short, keep the zombies hard because we want it, but namecalling is childish and uncalled for at best, and is downright appalling as a public statement.

[/quote']

Your my friend are a FN Carebear :) Go O.o a lil...

Terrible idea with the whole "infection" thing. I can see myself logging off servers when it starts to rain and such.

You won't be missed if you decide to stop playing.

[/quote']

They do if you actually use them... I am sorely disapointed with the playerbase.... HOW TO BANDAGE is spammed across every server. I knew before I went in.

I know how to bandage, and the people I'm listening to on TS know how to bandage, and yet the bandages are vanishing from their inventory but they continue to bleed.

Wow! its like watching a soap opera unfolding!

too bad people can't vote on what THEY want! although with a new players it might be voted to a new COD zombie fest!

Still something could be done to include the fanbase a bit more??

[/quote']

Use the action menu. They always worked...

I don't have a problem with the zombies being too many. I do have a problem with the jerky movement and being unable to shoot them because they teleport around, and no way to loose them or defend yourself after you run out of ammo. Keep the numbers i say!

I'm a New Zealander. I crack jokes to help relieve stress. I take very little seriously' date=' most of all myself. You probably won't find a more carebear player than me. No offense intended, but remember these forums are my home - so you will unfortunately see me swearing a lot and making the odd silly joke.

I figure you may as well know me as I am, warts and all, and then you can take me as I am without me pretending to be something I am not. Do I say the wrong things some times? yes. Do I make mistakes? yes. But I live and learn and hopefully I can learn fast enough to keep up with the mod :)

[/quote']

With all due respect, power without foresight is self-destructive.

Before jumping up and cracking jokes, think about just how many people are actually watching you right now. I feel I am not exaggerating when I say that the gist of the gaming community is checking this mod out, watching and seeing how it works. That's not your concern, understandable, but an ounce of prevention and all that. Red5 is pulling this off nicely, and I would have loved to read a joke about the Zombies unionizing to prevent being nerfed (or something similar).

Instead, I get a jab at the "carebear" demographic that, on paper, makes it look like you're demeaning them and making direct fun of them. Just throwing your hands up and saying "I kid! I kid!" isn't going to help when the rest of the community begins a witch-hunt for casual lovers (who, I might add, do come here and see the sticky on the general discussion). It comes off as EXTREMELY snobby, and makes you look immature at best. I know that's not you, but that's how it came off, and believe me when I say I can definitely not be the only one that reads it that way.

Eminent citizen Napoleon is worried about wood logistics. He feels that forests are being treated as gardens or well managed parks, when there in fact is lots of wood lying around just waiting to be picked.

He thinks a simple solution would be to make player triggers in all forests, so the wood action at least appears somewhere in their middle.

New updates are always nice but this is becoming 'the hardest thing ever to walk the earth' simulator.d :P

With all due respect' date=' power without foresight is self-destructive.

Before jumping up and cracking jokes, think about just how many people are actually watching you right now. I feel I am not exaggerating when I say that the gist of the gaming community is checking this mod out, watching and seeing how it works. That's not your concern, understandable, but an ounce of prevention and all that. Red5 is pulling this off nicely, and I would have loved to read a joke about the Zombies unionizing to prevent being nerfed (or something similar).

Instead, I get a jab at the "carebear" demographic that, on paper, makes it look like you're demeaning them and making direct fun of them. Just throwing your hands up and saying "I kid! I kid!" isn't going to help when the rest of the community begins a witch-hunt for casual lovers (who, I might add, do come here and see the sticky on the general discussion). It comes off as EXTREMELY snobby, and makes you look immature at best. I know that's not you, but that's how it came off, and believe me when I say I can definitely not be the only one that reads it that way.

[/quote']

Roger, noted and accepted. Perhaps an unfortunate byproduct of the popularity of the mod. I was *hoping* to retain my happy-go-lucky nature but I suppose this will have to be dropped somewhat.

I will still try to put the odd joke in... somehow!

too bad people can't vote on what THEY want! although with a new players it might be voted to a new COD zombie fest!

"Fanbase" is the new word for whiny people that don't really like the game, but keep on crying in the hope to make this mod some cod/zombie/mmo abomination?

If you play a game you don't really like, what does that make you? I'm pretty sure "fan" is not what it's called.

I'm a New Zealander. I crack jokes to help relieve stress. I take very little seriously' date=' most of all myself. You probably won't find a more carebear player than me. No offense intended, but remember these forums are my home - so you will unfortunately see me swearing a lot and making the odd silly joke.

[/quote']

With all due respect, power without foresight is self-destructive.

A game developer took the time out of his busy schedule to reply to you and reassure you that he did not at all mean to insult you, even insults himself, and yet you STILL can't just let it go? And while you may not be the only one who took it as terribly as you did, there are thousands of players that truly don't give a shit- and probably even enjoy it (I laughed hysterically when I saw it).

If you were a carebear gummy, I would eat your fucking head right off and stick another one's ass right there in that spot. And I would laugh, and then eat the rest of you.

The "fanbase" doesn't have any clue about game design. Rocket knows exactly what he's doing, including the fanbase in decisions would make this game a 24/7 daytime , respawn instantly death match.

"Fanbase" is the new word for whiny people that don't really like the game' date=' but keep on crying in the hope to make this mod some cod/zombie/mmo abomination?

If you play a game you don't really like, what does that make you? I'm pretty sure "fan" is not what it's called.

[/quote']

Please ditch the elitist attitude, it really isn't needed. Your description of 'fanbase' is hugely flawed, narrow minded and ignorant. Some people do come up with decent suggestions you know? Not to mention, the WoWers, CoDers and impatient eventually wither(ed) away, or die frequently on this mod.

A game developer took the time out of his busy schedule to reply to you and reassure you that he did not at all mean to insult you' date=' even insults himself, and yet you STILL can't just let it go? And while you may not be the only one who took it as terribly as you did, there are thousands of players that truly don't give a shit- and probably even enjoy it (I laughed hysterically when I saw it).

If you were a carebear gummy, I would eat your fucking head right off and stick another one's ass right there in that spot. And I would laugh, and then eat the rest of you.

[/quote']

I think he was right though, wider audience means more chance things can get taken the wrong way. Everyone has different things they find funny and not.

Anyway, I'm you're typical soldier. I'm finding the left of arc and the right of arc so I know how far I can stray each way :)

A game developer took the time out of his busy schedule to reply to you and reassure you that he did not at all mean to insult you' date=' even insults himself, and yet you STILL can't just let it go? And while you may not be the only one who took it as terribly as you did, there are thousands of players that truly don't give a shit- and probably even enjoy it (I laughed hysterically when I saw it).

[/quote']

I think he was right though, wider audience means more chance things can get taken the wrong way. Everyone has different things they find funny and not.

Anyway, I'm you're typical soldier. I'm finding the left of arc and the right of arc so I know how far I can stray each way :)

While I'm sad to hear that, I salute you, and want you to know that I am proud of not only what jokes you used to make, but the ones that will follow in the future. I love you.