rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

Napoleon Solo VERY MUCH thinks that wood should be picked from forests just like water is refilled at its source .

Napoleon Solo VERY MUCH thinks that wood should be picked from forests just like water is refilled at its source .

IF you pick up one of them axes lying around perhaps? :)

i downloaded all the files from the download page and extracted them but i stiill get errors saying i am not running current version.

the changelog states that i need sfx 1.1.2 but theres only 1.1.1 in the downloads, and the weapons is 1.1.1 instead of 1.1.2

this new flares thing working is such a major improvement it changed totally the game for me.

this server drop was bandit skin being removed?

agreed its pretty baller :cool:

Napoleon always finds loose branches and wood in the forests he frequents. If a branch is too big he splits it with his fire.

Scroll wheel remains for interacting with objects (in your world) as it was intended.

For interacting with individual inventory items' date=' you right click. This caused a massive performance increase.

[/quote']

Thanks man hadnt been able to get ingame to check XD

I love all the new features, I feel like I'm trying to survive even more so now!

Not sure if I like the new inventory clicking though, I had gotten very familiar and use to using the scroll wheel options. Do you think this could be made a option to pick which to use or have both as options?

i don't think could be an option the right click thing if it caused this performance increase,for me it's much more responsive, but inventory all aroun still laggy

I for one am loving all the people not being able to eat or heal them selves because they blindly downloaded the patch or are just terrible at following instructions.

Not being sarcastic I find their tears so fun to listen to.

Ummm... do YOU know YOUR rifle history? The 1886 is not a Henry rifle' date=' but they do fire similar rounds in the rifle version.

[/quote']

The firearm in the game is a mod based on the 1866 Winchester, not the 1886 Winchester. The 1866 was chambered with the .44 henry Or the .44 long.

You are correct that the 1866 Winchester is not a henry rifle. The Henry Rifle was the predecessor to the 1866.

MaSSive' pid='45714' dateline='1337646386']

dayz_weapons 1.1.2 had not been uploaded at armafiles.info so it missing. Nobody will be able to play' date=' so guys please update missing file there. http://cdn.armafiles.info/dayz_weapons_v1.1.1.rar

[/quote']

This was a typo in the changelog.

1.1.1 is in fact the correct version.

* TO INTERACT WITH MOST ITEMS: YOU NOW NEED TO OPEN GEAR MENU (G) THEN RIGHT CLICK ON THE ITEM! SUCH AS BANDAGING AND EATING AND SHIT

now this change is just stupid...

making the interface worse should not be a planned part of the update....

why create artificial obstacles to the interaction?

whats next timed key (quicktime events) presses to apply bandage properly?

will we have to play a minigame of opening the canned food when we want to eat?

or find the hidden object minigame when we want something out of our backpack?

also, what do I hear about wood only being available at farms?

surely wood should be available in forests.

* TO INTERACT WITH MOST ITEMS: YOU NOW NEED TO OPEN GEAR MENU (G) THEN RIGHT CLICK ON THE ITEM! SUCH AS BANDAGING AND EATING AND SHIT

now this change is just stupid...

making the interface worse should not be a planned part of the update....

why create artificial obstacles to the interaction?

Because it makes the game more efficient. Give it a try. Your frames are higher. Mine are.

The previous interaction system could not be expanded. Actions cost in performance and were not designed for the method I was using.

This new way allows the checking of interactions when you use the item, enabling me to do intensive things like allowing pond + well interactions that aren't normally allowed.

It will grow on you, I'm sure :)

So, how do you bandage other players now? Or give morphine, transfusions etc. with the new item system in place? Do you have to look at other players and press G and choose it from there?

The previous interaction system could not be expanded. Actions cost in performance and were not designed for the method I was using.

This new way allows the checking of interactions when you use the item' date=' enabling me to do intensive things like allowing pond + well interactions that aren't normally allowed.

[/quote']

is it possible to assign hotkeys to using things like bandages? or is it only right click interactions possible now with those such actions?

I sincerely hope he does not change night time. It NEEDS to stay dark' date=' and it NEEDS to be nearly impossible to find your way around. If it was just a tiny bit easier to see what you were doing, we would have no use for items like chemlights or flashlights. NVGs wouldn't be such a luxury.

Please, Rocket, don't cave to pressure from the invalids when they stomp their feet and cry about night time being too scary for them. If you start chipping away at the things that make this mod unique, it won't be worth playing for a lot of players.

My advice to those of you that don't like night time: flares and chemlights. Both of which are stupidly common, and you even start with a handful of flares which can be launched and carried for all sorts of different situations.

[/quote']

Wrong, very wrong. It's still far too dark. You can still see outside when it's dark and there's no artificial lights around y'know. If it wasn't that dark A) People wouldn't be mentioning it so frequently B) People wouldn't be avoiding night time servers as much as they do now. But it seems Rocket doesn't want to respond to the multiple comments coming from people concerning night time, yet despite that he seems to get so much 'dev praise' :-/. Plus, chemlights are pretty horrible right now, I was expecting a bit more light, like they actually give in real life (funny seeing how this mod is going straight down the realism route) but in DayZ it's quite minimal.

Anyways, back to the patch. Love that it wasn't mentioned whether our current pellet ammo is changed into slug ammo. If not, a touch unfair. In regards to the Winchester, maybe you should just up its damage in close range, lessen it at long, if you're going to make it a shotgun instead of a single shot which it should be (unless I'm thinking of something else *cough*)? It's a 'rapid' fire rifle, of course it's going to hurt, plus it didn't have a nasty range either. As for the infection alteration and temperature... I'm just hoping it's not too intrusive to be honest, antibiotics shouldn't even be that difficult to find either, most people do have meds in their houses. At the moment the basic needs in this mod isn't too much or too little, it's not frustrating and doesn't ruin the gameplay. It's very easy to ruin that balance and make it more like a Sims game, got a feeling it might become a bit too intrusive though. Hopefully not and it gets ironed out in its current Alpha stage.

/inb4dontlikemod?leave (if I didn't, I wouldn't be playing it and giving my opinions)

/inb4itsanalpha

/inb4itsbasedonrealife (if it is, then the cold should pass eventually without biotics, like it does in real life)

Interactions with OBJECTS (e.g. other players) remains the same. Interactions with your own gear, is via the gear menu. It's a bit confusing, cause it is a transition period and trying something new. Eventually we'll get a good mechanic out of it.

This new way allows the checking of interactions when you use the item' date=' enabling me to do intensive things like allowing pond + well interactions that aren't normally allowed.

[/quote']

Right clicking food nothing, right clicking water nothing, right clicking bandage nothing. So how are we suppose to use blood bag now? Since you can only use them on other people.