rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

* [FIXED] Whinny is way to powerful and quiet (mmmm your tears will be delicious)

So what are we talking about. are we talking a tweak? Or are we talking a full out DAoC nerf which makes the gun useless?

How many shots will it now take with a 12 gauge slug to drop someone or something?

Is it as loud as the Lee and the 550?

Since you made it louder, and less powerful did you extend the range on it so it is worth picking up?

Any info would be helpful.

* [FIXED?] Too many zombies for the Carebears to be able to play

FUCK the carebears lol ty for making such a great mod

Congrats on finally getting 1.5.8.1 out the door! Maybe consider using Torrent files to reduce your own bandwidth costs for future updates? If this game really is getting that big, P2P could be a great alternative for distributing patches...

Rocket,

My only concerns with this patch is the inventory system. It displaces immersion, as it is not realistic to access a menu - equipping a weapon right on one's hip.

Everything else is great, however.

* TO INTERACT WITH MOST ITEMS: YOU NOW NEED TO OPEN GEAR MENU (G) THEN RIGHT CLICK ON THE ITEM! SUCH AS BANDAGING AND EATING AND SHIT

We can eat shit now can we? AWESOME

* TO INTERACT WITH MOST ITEMS: YOU NOW NEED TO OPEN GEAR MENU (G) THEN RIGHT CLICK ON THE ITEM! SUCH AS BANDAGING AND EATING AND SHIT

We can eat shit now can we? AWESOME

lol... just lol :D

I didnt mind the amount of zombies, but i guess less makes it easier to loot at night, apart from them now being attracted to flares... cue me now going onto a hill and watching the people who run with flares in their hands being swarmed, :D ah beautiful popcorn moments.

saying that i wouldnt have minded having more but slower zombies in large towns, as is most people just head indoors and cap them as they stroll in, as long as you have enough ammo your good ;)

still great update, interested in seeing how the temp stuff works out

Thank you Rocket and team for this game and new update.

I did not see anything about the bandits and/or skins being updated?

I was really looking forward to see this changed.

Again, THANKS!

* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

Eat that altf4-ers!

How common is wood? Is there an axe item we can pick up to cut trees?

No longer use the sea for water? This'll make things interesting. I've yet to find any other water source, haha.

GO TO A FARM: GET WOOD. YOU WILL NEED IT.

What's this then? My groups camp is 2 kilometres into a forest and we have to go find a FARM to get wood? I'll forgive you though, because there isn't any loot yet outside of buildings.

Pretty crap though, that from now on I can't light a fire at night just to bring light while I empty my gear to the tents, eat, drink and chill while waiting for groupmates to arrive. Not without keeping like 10 stacks of firewood in a tent, anyways.

How long will this download be? I'm using the Day Z Mod Updater, and I've been waiting on Downloading dayz_equip_v1.2.4.rar..... for quite some time. Any suggestions? Thanks for the update Rocket

* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

Eat that altf4-ers!

what does this mean, i thought the only way to log out was 'abort' ? or does it mean it now saves when you log out, didnt realise it didnt do that if thats the case lol.

Is the only way to raise our temperature to make a fire... And alert every player in a mile radius? Can't we just get warmer clothes' date=' or blankets dropping? The infection system sounds like it's going to be annoying, and not in a good "OMG, I NEED TO FIND FOOD IN FIVE MINUTES OR IZ GONNA DIE" kind of way. It sounds like players are going to just randomly catch infections at night since no one will be dumb enough to light a fire.

[/quote']

Not a lot are dumb enough to play at night. Only new players really who don't know better. I refuse to play at night, till its turned down, its not even close to realistic in any way shape or form. Its black as this forums background

not true dude. I play at night frequently and it's awesome. You need to stick it out and use chemlights or stop being a carebear LOLOL.

that and you'd be amazed how much light you get from the moon.

Anyone looking for a quick, easy updater should check out 'Six Updater'. It had the DayZ files maybe ten minutes after they were put on the mirrors, I only downloaded manually because I happened to see the update tweet.

How long will this download be? I'm using the Day Z Mod Updater' date=' and I've been waiting on Downloading dayz_equip_v1.2.4.rar..... for quite some time. Any suggestions? Thanks for the update Rocket

[/quote']

The servers for it are being pounded at the moment so the bandwidth is slower. Like with the waiting for server 'patience'.

I downloaded the entire update allready. Could I create a torrent for it so people having the 500 error can download it?

I downloaded the entire update allready. Could I create a torrent for it so people having the 500 error can download it?

yes please!

that and you'd be amazed how much light you get from the moon.

It fine playing at night when the moon is bright enough. Right now though it is a new moon so its dark as fuck. though in 5 or so days it will once again be bright enough to play at night.