whatup2003

Get rid of all the sniper rifles

Amen to that brother. With uber powerful weapons Dayz just becomes a military sim with zombies as background.

Why do you think rocket is using as a base a MILITARY SIMULATOR?

Actually, it is. Survival is surviving to see another day, simple as that. If you'd play for the survival of the species, that'd be a whole other deal.

Then what makes DayZ, ummm, DayZ? It might as well be renamed to DayS? S stands for both sniping and surviving?

I'm fine with sniper rifles, if that's the way people want to play, then let them. I do agree with some posts, however, that the anti-material rifles in this game are unnecessary.

Just for the record, this is a "Multiplayer PvP survival horror simulator" with "infected humans" as the apocalyptic cause. This was never marketed as a millitary fighting sim, a zombie co op killing game, a lets make friends 3d facebook game or any other kind of shit.

It's what you make of the game. There's millitary locations which contain milspec weaponry. There's civilian locations which contain equally applicable weaponry. The tools are what would be laying around in the event and the "game" is what you make of it.

You're the people that are hung up on "what it should be" and instead of doing something in game, you turn to the forum to demand that Rocket comes hold your hand and conforms the game to your precious needs.

Edited by itputsthelotion

First WHy YOu HEff to be mad?

Second

Snipers are part of the game real life ect if you want a honest to god zombie survival. YOu find it in real life. I got a sniper rifle.

Yes, the destaballizer (Not sure about the name).

Yes, it is survival. Killing others for supplies and weapons.

How many kills others because they are inneed of supplies? I doubt it. I seriously doubt it. 90% of bandits kill people just because they are bored and have nothing else to do. You can take my word for it.

How many kills others because they are inneed of supplies? I doubt it. I seriously doubt it. 90% of bandits kill people just because they are bored and have nothing else to do. You can take my word for it.

Then let them do so.

This is not a game you "balance".

"SNIPRZ R OWERPOVERED" - Well fuck yes, big fucking bullets break your body at high speeds.

It breaks your body good.

Snipers exists, go complain at USMC n shit if you dislike it.

Then what makes DayZ, ummm, DayZ? It might as well be renamed to DayS? S stands for both sniping and surviving?

I agree that the Z should not be there, but that's because I'm a 'Zombie-Nerd' and everything that's not like Romero's or The Walking Dead's(as a more recent example) Zombies is not a 'Zombie' Movie or Game.

What this game really is, is as I think Rocket himself said a kind of social experiment. To give people the freedom to do as they like and see what they make of it. And there lies the problem you have, because most people become dicks and assholes as soon as they sit behind their precious keyboards and become anonymous. They start killing for the fun of it and behave as they would never in the real world, that is partly of course what video games are for. Doing what you can't do in the real world, that is.

Why do you think rocket is using as a base a MILITARY SIMULATOR?

Probably because Arma provides a great basis for the mod. The engine could have been used to be a camping simulator. However that doesn't sell, military simulators do.

Just for the record, this is a "Multiplayer PvP survival horror simulator" with "infected humans" as the apocalyptic cause. This was never marketed as a millitary fighting sim, a zombie co op killing game, a lets make friends 3d facebook game or any other kind of shit.

It's what you make of the game. There's millitary locations which contain milspec weaponry. There's civilian locations which contain equally applicable weaponry. The tools are what would be laying around in the event and the "game" is what you make of it.

You're the people that are hung up on "what it should be" and instead of doing something in game, you turn to the forum to demand that Rocket comes hold your hand and conforms the game to your precious needs.

The game is in alpha. I hope that this game becomes the zombie apocalypse simulator that people have wanted for years, not another forgettable military shooter that happens to have zombies. The game in its current state caters to a certain play style. I am voicing my opinion on how to steer away from that and in the direction of the former.

Also on the "what it should be" part... once again the game is in fucking alpha. The point of it being open to the public is so the devs can get an idea on what the community thinks "it should be". You need to realize we are all effectively video game testers at this point.

This game keep reminding me of the walking dead. More Human to human bull (just look at this forum) than Human to zombies.

To "The sniper exists" arguement,

Nuke also exists. Why can't we have that in this game?

You can't put whatever exists in real life directly into a game. A game needs some sort of balance. A game needs to bend the reality for game design purpose. Most importantly a game should stay FUN.

I'm just bored to hell with this sniping endgame that's all. For those who disagree, suggest something else instead please.

This game keep reminding me of the walking dead. More Human to human bull (just look at this forum) than Human to zombies.

Nailed it!!!

• Like 1

Stupidest thread I've ever seen... This is also a tool to protect mates while going into areas...

I'm not telling Rocket what this game should be. I'm just stating what this game has become. You think you would have all the choices in the world, but in the end all the choices are forced into one.

there are no rules.. if somebody wants to be a bandit and kill other survivors.. he can.. its fucking apocalypse.. everything allowed :*

Edited by Ladas325

there are no rules.. if somebody wants to be a bandit and kill other survivors.. he can.. its fucking apocalypse.. everything allowed :*

That's not the point of this thread.

Because once people get sniper rifles and/or rangefinders, all they do is camping in the woods outside of high population areas and snipe people. (I know most of the people I know did it, so did I for a brief period of time). At this point you are so far away from the zeds and you don't feel that this is a zombie appcalypse survival game at all. It's more like a sniping game with "zombie: the human detector" game.

Please consider getting rid of all the sniper rifles so everyone will need to get their hands dirty in some real zombie action.

TL;DR: Dayz shouldn't be a "Sniper Elite multiplayer with zombies in the distance as decorations". AND NO, I'm not the "snipee", this is your bored sniper speaking.

Go back to wow.

Now!

That's what it's all about. Even at the end of the world people can't get over themselves and work together.
  • Like 1

I'm not telling Rocket what this game should be. I'm just stating what this game has become. You think you would have all the choices in the world, but in the end all the choices are forced into one.

Yes, but that's by other players, not the game designers, that's what makes it so interesting.

On the other hand, if somebody wants to re-establish order and society, he can't. The game lacks in tools to support that. Bandits, they only need bigger, badder guns. There are plenty. So eventually people are still forced down one route: Be a bandit.

Edited by realm13

I personally kind of agree with OP. But I wouldnt want to get rid of them all. As an example I say get rid of NVGs, L85A2 AWS, rangefinders, AS50/M107 maybe even DMR. Why these ? Well because they are creating an unfair advantage, I know this game is not meant to be balanced but we could just get rid of some of these things and we would get rid of much bigger problems like server hopping snipers in ghillies with AS50/M107 because they wouldnt be able to shoot with "worse" rifles or they would have to engage from different locations, easier to get spotted from. I dont know if you get what Im trying to get to, but if you do, and you disagree go on reply politely. Thanks

Yes, but that's by other players, not the game designers, that's what makes it so interesting.

Diversity is interesting. Uniformity, is not.