Max Planck

dayzmod.com - Aug 2012 - Q&A with Rocket

the standalone will have a stock of weapons similar to the mod or something substantially different? (more hunting rifles,less m serie i mean..)

This post is for stand alone game idea is there a possibility of making it so survivors beards grow longer the more time ingame survived? I think it would be bada** to see a guy with full beard who u know has been alive for ages just by looking at him....

Q: jus wanna ask, will the standalone require even high gpu processor , or will the requirement stay the same? Thanks

I know Rocket wants to get rid of the hud and rely on audio for a more authentic survival experience. But do you think we could see some sort of group set up system so that friends can join and have a acknowledge of their position and are easy to follow them at night and in the thicket of forests.

Q: will u ever change the chopper to russian chopper instead of a us one...... kind of makes more sense

I will try to find some time this week to answer some of these.

• Like 1

Q: will u ever change the chopper to russian chopper instead of a us one...... kind of makes more sense

I believe it is British, but i get your point.

Q: I'm going to Afghanistan for 6 months in a couple of weeks, will my character still be camped out in the woods when I get back?

• Like 1

Can we see some major zombie bosses? Perhaps one single (Just to keep encounters rare), 10ft, heavily mutated zombie that would walk around the map and then find and charge at survivors. Which would also take multiple survivors to take down.

T001Tyrant.jpg

something similar to the tyrants from Resident Evil. :D :beans:

Edited by Williamz

How about items that have no effect to actually surviving? surely when the latter was evacuated / killed / infected, they left other things behind than bandages and watches.

E.G. I'd love to find a harmonica and play it at a campfire with my squad.

Pretty sure this isn't already asked:

Will you at any point impliment zombies getting into vehicles with you when they catch up? That would be sweet.

Q:When do you guys will switch to Arma 3 render engine?

Btw where is this thread?

Edited by ICO_hr

Will the standalone feature completely new extended terrain around Chernarus or will some of it be 'borrowed' from ACR DLC Bystrica?

arma2oa_2012_07_13_23f8kyy.jpg

_a2_bystrica_river_view.jpg

_a2_l159_alcas_engaging_town.jpg

God 15 pages of questions, here goes.

Q: Can we expect mechanics that enable facilities within buildings to be utilized?

for example,

a garage in which only specific vehicle mods can be made

a radio tower that can be occupied repaired and used to broadcast whatever messages or music that all radios can receive

hospitals for using advanced medical equipment or refining more effective medicines. (ideal for medic clans)

Or even a police station with a metal detector (ideal for trading clans)

A lengthy explanation:

Control Old Industry

Edited by 3rdParty

Q: will we ever get to use the restrooms?

i'm sure my player is getting constipated.

an im not joking we do eat and drink a lot. would add a little humor. Kids sure love poop jokes.

Q: Are there any plans to put Ciras Vest and molle pouches loot and management in the game ?

Q; Have you considered global causality in DayZ - The combined actions of players effect aspects of the gameworld/map/server (eg: weapon/food spawns 'quality' and density, as well as zombie spawns) - My thread on the subject : http://dayzmod.com/f...c-valueculture/

Edited by Hoik

Q: will you please stop doing interview over interview and actually work more on the Mod/Standalone?