rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

FRIENDLY!!!! :D

How complicated will the patch be in regards to installing it?

t first with the unpacking of files' date=' in a specific folder, it confused me a bit. Yes, I'm a noob to ARMA2, and it's MOD system.

Will we have to delete the previous version? Does it automatically overwrite the old one? Etc.

How were the previous patches installation handled?

Thanks!!!

[/quote']

Have you already installed a previous version of dayz?

if so, then download the effected addons (you can find which those are in the latest changelog when it comes out)

And overwrite it in your dayZ folder.

If you haven't yet installed it, go to the new player discussion, there is an installation guide there.

Thanks! Yea, I have 1.5.7. I've been playing for the past few days.

Sometimes new versions of MODS have different ways of being installed, and since it will probably hit tongiht, I wanted to make sure I know how to install this one.

Yeah I'd wish some small changes there too,

as no friends of mine are playing, and I do not trust other ppl (if u are well equipped and cleared the streets with others, they will hunt u afterwards), I'm almost always playing as a lone wolf.

But since the last changes (more and faster spawning zombies), as a new created character you have no chance on your own. Tried it so many times to invade a small town - I was sneaking, shot only if I had too, but at the end I didn't find enough valuable things and was out of ammo.

The intention was good, forcing players to play together, but as I can't trust nobody (even less once you can't see if his humanity is bad). Would it be possible that Zombiegeneration depends more on the amount of players in a location? So lone wolfs would have a chance and teams would get more cannon food?

or is it just me playing as lone wolf and leaving towns when there are others too?

Thanks! Yea' date=' I have 1.5.7. I've been playing for the past few days.

Sometimes new versions of MODS have different ways of being installed, and since it will probably hit tongiht, I wanted to make sure I know how to install this one.

[/quote']

Download the necessary files and extract diretly into your @dayz/addon folder, you will be asked if you wish to overwrite the exsiting file/s.

A word of warning for those that are new to ArmA2

Never extract any mod files into the original ArmA2 Addons folder.

This will corrupt the base game.

I'm going to wish Rocket "good luck with the update process" !

No change to respawn time of zombies??

This was mentioned in regards to the 1.5.8 patch:

I think the numbers are interesting' date=' I probably won't adjust them, but I will adjust the respawn times. It was weird before but now its just full-retard.

[/quote']

Global VOIP will be used instead but its been range limited (Global is not afflicted with the Direct VOIP selectPlayer bug) So i think rocket has modified the global VoIP to only work within 50-100 meters.

This seems like a simple fix. I assume rocket wants to use ACRE + Radios + TS3 instead of the current system.

Global VOIP will be used instead but its been range limited (Global is not afflicted with the Direct VOIP selectPlayer bug) So i think rocket has modified the global VoIP to only work within 50-100 meters.

This seems like a simple fix. I assume rocket wants to use ACRE + Radios + TS3 instead of the current system.

That would be nice, but I have a hard time seeing it implemented on such a large scale over so many different servers, even if every game server run their own TS server.

You got a source for that ? I think that global chat will just attract Zombies now ;-)

ACRE would be awesome. Does ACRE Support only Radios or normal speaking/shouting in the gameworld, too ?

A reliable local chat ingame would be great to have again. I'm really interested to see how gameplay changes when people can actually communicate easily and locally with each other.

A reliable local chat ingame would be great to have again. I'm really interested to see how gameplay changes when people can actually communicate easily and locally with each other.

Biggest game changer on the horizon for me really.

Surely all that's required is a scheduled maintenance window? Say 1 hour every day from 7AM GMT to 8AM GMT? All servers could be auto rebooted during this time window, and the master server could run maintenance tasks like cleaning the database, or patching.

Sure, people will moan to begin with, but they will get used to it.

Then you've got every single player pounding the servers at the exact same time every day. This is not a good thing.

ACRE would be superb tied in with this mod, in fact it would make a HUGE difference. Finding a PRR with short range would great from military camps but if they managed to mod ACRE and replace the 117F man pack radio with say a CB radio that could be found in civilian areas even better, you could tune into other peoples comms by picking up a radio off a dead survivor or bandit, great possibilities.

It's a shame that the patch took forever to roll out. Killed alot of guys with M4A1 CCO SDs, rangefinders and nvgs. Probably got them from exploiting (there were so many). Hopefully they weren't able to reproduce them.

Rocket, your hard work inspires me to work hard on my lat school assignment, going in for 12 hour race to finish 30 page assignment ;I

It's a shame that the patch took forever to roll out. Killed alot of guys with M4A1 CCO SDs' date=' rangefinders and nvgs. Probably got them from exploiting (there were so many). Hopefully they weren't able to reproduce them.

[/quote']

Exploiting will always be possible in ArmA 2. No matter how hard work rocket his putting into this.

Just a daily reminder.

Exploit NVGs? How the hell..?

I just found a Rangefinder and I don't know how to use it.

And on topic related: Nice changes. Looking forward to it.

Anyone care to explain what the "Zombies investigating players' deaths" means in terms of gameplay?

(Or pretty please point in the good direction so I can read about it)

Anyone care to explain what the "Zombies investigating players' deaths" means in terms of gameplay?

The ones with a magnifying glass will search for clues and the ones with badges will chase the criminals.

Or if the patch is shit it's just zombies approaching the smell of death.

Hi hello please fix the thing where firing one bullet out of a clip can cause that clip to vanish upon relogging. Ok thanks xoxoxo

thats not a bug. it was a feature that was implemented in previous update

It's poorly implemented. It was added to prevent people from completely refreshing their mags by relogging' date=' but all it does is ensure that if you fire even a single shot, you've effectively thrown that magazine away. Magazine capacity tracking is behavior that needs to either be fixed by rocket or brought up with BIS so they can fix it.

[/quote']

I'd have thought it'd just require one more variable stored on the master server, the number of bullets left in a clip. If nothing else is possible a hacky way of fixing it would be to simulate firing the used up amount of bullets while in the debug forest I guess. It's really shitty firing 1-10 bullets from all five of your AK clips and having four of them vanish when you relog.

I quess it will make zombies hang around dead bodies and to loot dead bodies will not be that easy - these are just my thoughts