Ander (DayZ)

Arma2 patch build 94997 now running on some servers

Had a few teething issues getting BattlEye installed last night. Once done, I've noticed a massive FPS drop to the point where it is almost unplayable. However I'll will be "testing" again tonight to see if it was the server (load) causing issues.

Edited by -BeeR-JP

Ok, got some probs now :P :

I get the "dayz files missing/deleted" error when i join a 94997 server.

I get stuck on "waiting for host" when i join some other server using an older version.

Ive reinstalled both Arma and DayZ, still the same problem.

I use the 94997 verison (check inside arma) and the DayZ mod is loaded.

Using sixlauncher will downgrade my Arma so i use a shortcut with "-@dayz" added to it.

Ive tried both coping the BE .DLL's to the folder, and using the installer.

Some help please!

someone needs to put up a step by step guide on what to do i am getting the same old errors when i try things

waiting on host

crash to desktop

all was working fine yesterday knew i shudnt have patched

I got the "wrong cd key" prompt too, but I could skip past that install the beta patch..

It's a pain. Some server owners write 94997 in the server name but when you check the bottom right corner (wehre it says Required version) they're still running 94444, 94876 or even 93616. And that is the reason why so many people are confused. They think they did everything right and try to connect to such a server and get the "Waiting for Host"-of Death screen.

Like DE 335; DE319; DE 230; DE315; DE 352.

They should be warened or punished in some way!

For some servers it doesnt even report a Build number at the required version field. See here pbDSQy.jpg . So I guess the admin did something wrong?

Another thing is when I lookup the listed Expansions/Addons of a server I noticed that some are missing the Beta and Expansion field.

I bet that causes problems too.

No wonder why some servers are buggy as hell while others aren't. Most likely due to incompetent admins.

This really sucks seeing we can't join anymore "old" servers.

This is a great weapon farming opportunity! My servers are updated to 94997 and almost no one is on them. 1 has 1 and the other 2 have 3 each. Been like that all night since no one has really updated yet.

• Like 1

It's a pain. Some server owners write 94997 in the server name but when you check the bottom right corner (wehre it says Required version) they're still running 94444, 94876 or even 93616. And that is the reason why so many people are confused. They think they did everything right and try to connect to such a server and get the "Waiting for Host"-of Death screen.

Like DE 335; DE319; DE 230; DE315; DE 352.

They should be warened or punished in some way!

For some servers it doesnt even report a Build number at the required version field. See here pbDSQy.jpg . So I guess the admin did something wrong?

Another thing is when I lookup the listed Expansions/Addons of a server I noticed that some are missing the Beta and Expansion field.

I bet that causes problems too.

No wonder why some servers are buggy as hell while others aren't. Most likely due to incompetent admins.

I get that as well, if I wait a bit it usually appears. IF it doesn't I look for another server.

I get stuck on "waiting for host" when i join some other server using an older version.

Using sixlauncher will downgrade my Arma so i use a shortcut with "-@dayz" added to it.

Some help please!

I think it's -mod=@dayz

We're testing the latest arma2 build 94997 on some servers.

If more server hosters want to try it out they can.

I have my server completely up to date and would love to do some testing. Unfortunately, I have a bad hacker problem ( one in particular ) that has forced me to shut my server down until something can be done about him.

I have opened a support ticket, but have yet to hear anything back from the dayz team. Hoping I get an answer soon.

I tried it and somehow it failed me at first. I then tried again and again and... again to make this patch going and I finally succeed. Here are the steps I can summarized from all I did to make the patch 94997 works ( I was previously in 94876 ):

1. If you're using steam ( same as me ), go to Steam Library > Right click on ARMA 2 OA > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache as your first step. If not using Steam, go directly to the next step.
  2. Go to your ARMA 2 OA main folder ( C or D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead for Steam users ) > Expansion > BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe ( Uninstall current BattlEye. )
  3. Go to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > delete the entire beta folder
  4. Go to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA > BattlEye and delete the .dll.
  5. Download and install patch 94997 ( the current newest patch ) at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php, the installer will stop at about 3% and prompt you to install BattlEye. Install it.
  6. Download the BEClient.dll dan BEServer.dll for v1.61.94945+ from http://www.battleye.com/download.html and copy or cut it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > BattlEye and replace the 2 .dll files with the ones you just downloaded.
  7. If you're using Steam, rename the ArmA2OA ( the .exe one ) in your main ARMA 2 folder to ArmA2OABACKUP then copy the arma2oa ( the .exe one ) in your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > beta and paste it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder.
  8. If you're using Steam, go to Steam Library > Right click on ARMA 2 OA > Properties > General > Set Launch Options > copy and paste this: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz then click OK.
  9. Run SIX Launcher and "Verify". If the SIX Launcher prompt you to "Update", then run the update and re-do step 2 until step 6, re-run the SIX Launcher and "Verify".
  10. YAY!!! :D Play Day Z in servers with patch 94997! :thumbsup:

I won over all irritating errors ( including my special BattlEye: Client not Responding kicking error >:( ) by doing the steps above. Hope this guide can help you guys. :lol:

NOTE:

This patch ( 94997 ) removes most of the bugs I've encountered during my playtime since patch 94444, make the loading and creating character much faster, and increases the fps to the highest possible ( at least in my PC ), so I suggest you guys use this patch to have the maximum possible fun when playing. G'luck, guys! ;)

( Special thanks to Day Z staffs, Rammfisch, and Spiritreader for providing the links and some guides that I used to make the guide above. )

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 3

Some help please!

Open notepad, paste below in, save it as a .cmd file (not txt) on your desktop and run it. let me know if it works

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

:v64_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%B)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO v32_path_a2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)
:v32_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%C In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%D)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)
:uac_PATH_A2
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%I IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%J)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)
:std_PATH_A2
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%K IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%L)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO ENDfailA2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v64_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2OAPATH=%%F)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO v32_path_a2oa) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:v32_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do set (_ARMA2OAPATH=%%H)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:uac_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%M IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%N)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:std_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%O IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%P)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO ENDfailA2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:run
call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ" -window -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
ENDLOCAL
:end
@exit /B 0
:ENDfailA2
@exit /B 1
:ENDfailA2OA
@exit /B 2

Guys you can use Six Launcher after updating to this new beta. Open it and don't touch the verify button at all. Wait for server list to come up, sort servers by beta version, double click desired server. Enjoy.

Edited by AfricanizedBees

For some reason after i put the patch on ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead could no-longer read its CD Key! any help on that? i cant even get on the frikkin game

I tried it and somehow it failed me at first. I then tried again and again and... again to make this patch going and I finally succeed. Here are the steps I can summarized from all I did to make the patch 94997 works ( I was previously in 94876 ):

1. If you're using steam ( same as me ), go to Steam Library > Right click on ARMA 2 OA > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache as your first step. If not using Steam, go directly to the next step.
  2. Go to your ARMA 2 OA main folder ( C or D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead for Steam users ) > Expansion > BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe ( Uninstall current BattlEye. )
  4. Go to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA > BattlEye and delete the .dll.
  5. Download and install patch 94997 ( the current newest patch ) at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php, the installer will stop at about 3% and prompt you to install BattlEye. Install it.
  6. Download the BEClient.dll dan BEServer.dll for v1.61.94945+ from http://www.battleye.com/download.html and copy or cut it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > BattlEye and replace the 2 .dll files with the ones you just downloaded.
  7. If you're using Steam, rename the ArmA2OA ( the .exe one ) in your main ARMA 2 folder to ArmA2OABACKUP then copy the arma2oa ( the .exe one ) in your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > beta and paste it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder.
  8. If you're using Steam, go to Steam Library > Right click on ARMA 2 OA > Properties > General > Set Launch Options > copy and paste this: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz then click OK.
  9. Run SIX Launcher and "Verify". If the SIX Launcher prompt you to "Update", then run the update and re-do step 2 until step 6, re-run the SIX Launcher and "Verify".

I won over all irritating errors ( including my special BattlEye: Client not Responding kicking error >:( ) by doing the steps above. Hope this guide can help you guys. :lol:

NOTE:

This patch ( 94997 ) removes most of the bugs I've encountered during my playtime since patch 94444, make the loading and creating character much faster, and increases the fps to the highest possible ( at least in my PC ), so I suggest you guys use this patch to have the maximum possible fun when playing. G'luck, guys! ;)

( Special thanks to Day Z staffs, Rammfisch, and Spiritreader for providing the links and some guides that I used to make the guide above. )

brilliant. thank you so much mate.

Servers that patch will get prioritized helicopter love. ;)

Could we get a larger variety of cheap weapons as well? like new pistols and new shotguns/automatic short weapons?

Could we get a larger variety of cheap weapons as well? like new pistols and new shotguns/automatic short weapons?

Where did you get that quote from? And I agree. More guns! More Loot. Helis. Also steam hasnt updated yet. So is the update still on the fence? Can we get an update on the update? I wanna say "update" one last time....update

Edit: NVM Ander said it. @Ander will you be my steam friend? Ill test all the latest builds and share my beans with you lol

Edited by ZenVolta

NOTE:

One problem, everytime I open SixLauncher the shit wants me to update, I close it, re-do steps 2-6, still wants me to update... ??

Just want to mention, once again.

Both client and servers need to run the BE executable to get updated.

An automated BEpatch will come in later (according to BIS representatives - but who knows if it'll work rightaway)

I will however say that vehicles work much better now with 1.7.2.3 and latest build (less desync, havent had any players teleporting out of cars).

Servers that patch will get prioritized helicopter love.

will get prioritized helicopter love.

prioritized helicopter love.

helicopter

There is a dayZ god. His name is Ander

Update ALL the servers :D

• Like 1

This is a great weapon farming opportunity! My servers are updated to 94997 and almost no one is on them. 1 has 1 and the other 2 have 3 each. Been like that all night since no one has really updated yet.

I guess it's good that the game is such complete fuckery every time there's an update it is a massive task to get the game to work? Faggot.

Edited by Boneboys

Just want to mention, once again.

Both client and servers need to run the BE executable to get updated.

An automated BEpatch will come in later (according to BIS representatives - but who knows if it'll work rightaway)

I will however say that vehicles work much better now with 1.7.2.3 and latest build (less desync, havent had any players teleporting out of cars).

Patch is in, wait for BE support, as always...

95054, you know where to get if needed.

+new BE installers included within

+ some other fixes

* shall be playable for most users now (or all)

BattlEye status: ... pending ...

• Like 1

Ander, six launcher does not update to a runable version. My server is running 94997, but six launcher has not updated my game yet.

It would be really nice a guilde on how to launch the game without six launcher and fully functional to 94997 servers.

Just saying, not everyone in here has played the game without the six launcher software, i havent for example. A official guide on how to install the game with simple to follow steps would be nice.

Thanks.

I updated to this patch last night on our server (US129). After I got the Battleye .dll file installed everything has been very smooth. Load times are extremely quick. In-game performance seems to be increased as well. I've been having to give tech support to many users to install all the files properly. Many users rely on Six-updater so I've been trying to steer them away from that program and quit being lazy!