Ander (DayZ)

Arma2 patch build 94997 now running on some servers

Stupid Betapatch... the changelog is always a bad joke and it include new bugs. <_<

Ps. Fix the chat, Direct Channel is not working for every player

Is it possible to have the complete procedure to correctely rollback to 94876?

I think I fucked up my game becase of new Battleye .dll.

Thanks.

Goodbye.

Go to your arma AO dir, then to the 'expansion' dir..

Delete the contents of the 'beta' directory.

Then run the uninstall of BE exe from the battleye directory.

download and run the beta that you want.

then download the .dll files (server + client) of the BE version that you need from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html

and put them in the battleye dir..

Pay very close attention to the versions that you d/l..

Edited by Skinman

There is the Release Candidate (2) which has Lite builds of the DLC to come.

There is the beta MP compatible that lacks the Lite build data.

For DayZ you need only the beta.

If you want to see how the new Maps look (very lite, no textures...) take the RC (only for the brave).

I have only the beta because that is all I need for the moment.

When the DLC is released it will be accompanied by a new official Game Build the famous 1.6.1.

Well, thats more or less how it works...

• Like 1

If anyone hasn't realised it yet, the RC#2 and 95054 are the same things.

You should only use the RC#2 IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED TO BETA PATCHES SINCE BUYING THE GAME

You should only use the 95054 IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO BETA PATCHES SINCE BUYING THE GAME

And, last but not least, the BattleEye client and server update .dll's should be placed in both the ArmA 2 AND ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead BattleEye directories. DO NOT use the .exe on the site as it only updates to v1.163, the dll's are using the required v1.164 BattleEye versions.

That should be it, and PM me if there is a problem. :thumbsup:

Try to do the steps I've posted at page 7. Hope that works for ya. I once also got OA not responding and I can fix it without the need of re-install. If the SIX Launcher keep forcing you to update and update again, try to skip step 4.

even with this new help im still getting six launcher wanting to update :(

if i do the six launcher update will it put the wrong version of the game on or does it not matter shall i let it update ?? or perhaps use in game server choices instead of six launcher?

There is the Release Candidate (2) which has Lite builds of the DLC to come.

There is the beta MP compatible that lacks the Lite build data.

For DayZ you need only the beta.

If you want to see how the new Maps look (very lite, no textures...) take the RC (only for the brave).

I have only the beta because that is all I need for the moment.

When the DLC is released it will be accompanied by a new official Game Build the famous 1.6.1.

Well, thats more or less how it works...

If anyone hasn't realised it yet, the RC#2 and 95054 are the same things.

You should only use the RC#2 IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED TO BETA PATCHES SINCE BUYING THE GAME

You should only use the 95054 IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO BETA PATCHES SINCE BUYING THE GAME

And, last but not least, the BattleEye client and server update .dll's should be placed in both the ArmA 2 AND ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead BattleEye directories. DO NOT use the .exe on the site as it only updates to v1.163, the dll's are using the required v1.164 BattleEye versions.

That should be it, and PM me if there is a problem. :thumbsup:

So which is it??

Is there anyway to take beans on the forum?.. Only able to give beans.. can't show my displeasure at profanity or insults against the devs...

That's cute.

• Like 1

even with this new help im still getting six launcher wanting to update :(

if i do the six launcher update will it put the wrong version of the game on or does it not matter shall i let it update ?? or perhaps use in game server choices instead of six launcher?

Six launcher will get confused with so many updates in a short space of time, from different sources..

You should really learn how to launch from a proper arma launcher, and do manual updates (they don't always work either, but at least you will know what to roll back)..

Check this yt vid out.. it's outdated, but it will point you in the direction of everything you need...

Edited by Skinman

This is the RC post: http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2190151

This is the beta post:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137335-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95054-(1-61-MP-build)

I know how to find them, but yourself and the other guy I quoted gave differing explanations for how the different patches... differed. I did only wonder who was correct.

I know how to find them, but yourself and the other guy I quoted gave differing explanations for how the different patches... differed. I did only wonder who was correct.

The other guy is correct, if you have never updated the game and want to play the latest build.

I am correct in saying that there is a lite version of the future DLC.

Everybody will soon be updating to 1.6.1 in the near future.

Thats all.

The other guy is correct, if you have never updated the game and want to play the latest build.

I am correct in saying that there is a lite version of the future DLC.

Everybody will soon be updating to 1.6.1 in the near future.

Thats all.

Whenever you install a new beta patch you delete the old one, no?

'George3011' said: "You should only use the 95054 IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO BETA PATCHES SINCE BUYING THE GAME".

How would it make a difference when you delete the old patch?

I'm currently at 94700, which way to go?

Its ok now for me.

I unnistall battleye from arma2co and deleted the folder of battleye in arma2, after installed the new one in arma2co I copied it them to the arma2 directory.

Instaled the build 95054 from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php and then I tried a random server and just take 3 minutes of waiting to play.

Thanks guys for the multiple instructions!

Edited by sa1vi

Wait. Whats this DLC people are throwing around on here?? Am I going to have to pay more just to keep playing DayZ? I hope this gets explained ASAP

Wait. Whats this DLC people are throwing around on here?? Am I going to have to pay more just to keep playing DayZ? I hope this gets explained ASAP

You don't need the dlc, there is a 'light' version for those who don't buy it.

You don't need the dlc, there is a 'light' version for those who don't buy it.

Got any links to what this DLC is?

'George3011' said: "You should only use the 95054 IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO BETA PATCHES SINCE BUYING THE GAME".

As the varning says when applying the RC# beta....

""WARNING

This update will modify your existing game installation.

Rollback to previous version is not possible.

Upgrading to the final 1.61 patch also may not be possible.

It is recommended to back up your full installation folder and profile folder first (you can restore those before applying the final patch).

As always, use at your own risk. Thanks a lot for your support!""

I went from 94700 to 95054 with no problems....

In your current position, I would delete the beta directory in Operation Arrowhead and proceed to update to the RC#2. That would allow you to have all the updates in the beta releases, while also being a simple solution. If you wanted to you could update to every beta patch since your version and it would be just as safe.

Either way, your still getting all the goodness of the beta patches up to 95054.

P.S. Don't forget to download the dll files from the first page, but not the .exe, as, as I said before, it does not contain the new dll's.

To my knowledge, I am not sure if the new RC#2 contains the updated BattleEye, but stay on the safe side and update the Client and Server dll's in both the Arma 2 & Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directories.(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\BattlEye) & (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye) If you have the STEAM installation, if you don't then PROBABLY in your Program Files. :thumbsup:

In your current position, I would delete the beta directory in Operation Arrowhead and proceed to update to the RC#2. That would allow you to have all the updates in the beta releases, while also being a simple solution. If you wanted to you could update to every beta patch since your version and it would be just as safe.

Either way, your still getting all the goodness of the beta patches up to 95054.

P.S. Don't forget to download the dll files from the first page, but not the .exe, as, as I said before, it does not contain the new dll's.

To my knowledge, I am not sure if the new RC#2 contains the updated BattleEye, but stay on the safe side and update the Client and Server dll's in both the Arma 2 & Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directories.(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\BattlEye) & (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye) If you have the STEAM installation, if you don't then PROBABLY in your Program Files. :thumbsup:

I can't possible update to every beta patch, you have to delete one to get the next one.

What I did was to delete my 94700 and install the 95054 (not the RC), it worked like a charm. I can join servers and all.