TiredEthan

Yogscast spawned weapons and Admin Help?

Yeah! Totally. It's not like there's any way BI could possibly assist him further in the development of DayZ especially when it comes to making it available on the Arma 3 engine. Yeah. No way it's a mutually beneficial relationship and every dollar to BI will aide DayZ indirectly because they have already demonstrated a willingness to devote resources to the mod by specifically devoting engineers who should be working on Arma 3 to instead fix very DayZ-specific issues in the Arma 2 engine instead. Just because he's not getting a personal check cut in his name, no investment in BI could possibly help him in any way...

Anyway.

Yeah.

Well, he's not being paid right now. So it's a moot point if all of the Yognaughts flock to the game at the current moment. Which is the point I'm trying to make.

Unless BIS is going to reimburse rocket some time down the line. Which would be cool.

Also, I suppose there has been an upward rise of patches recently, since DayZ started. (I can only speculate, as I never even knew there were beta patches before DayZ.) So I guess there's that point to.

Edited by KWilt

But if they join now, then there's no money to be made. So...

Your point is?

My point will be made (most likely) when the mod goes stand-alone. I'm pretty sure either BI or Rocket has stated that they have no plans to follow the free to play route.

I think they gathered enough shit that they thought they could make a decent video without the hour-long buildup where they gather gear. And then edited it together to look otherwise. And then they had some guy who just followed them around with a pack full of bloodbags from said scavenging incase they got into serious trouble.

Cheesy and deceptive, but meh.

nope, ridgedog is part of the Yogscast crew(serves as admin/tech-dude in many other productions) as well as any other names on the playerlist of that server. Its a private server, they were teleported around to get close to each other, and ridgedog is teleporting around in a ghillie suit stuffed full of medical supplies to help out.

They may be using DayZ files but they sure as hell aint playing the same game we do..at least not according to rockets rules (no private servers, no admin "support" things like that)

nope, ridgedog is part of the Yogscast crew(serves as admin/tech-dude in many other productions) as well as any other names on the playerlist of that server. Its a private server, they were teleported around to get close to each other, and ridgedog is teleporting around in a ghillie suit stuffed full of medical supplies to help out.

They may be using DayZ files but they sure as hell aint playing the same game we do..at least not according to rockets rules (no private servers, no admin "support" things like that)

Who cares? Their videos are for entertainment purposes only.

My point will be made (most likely) when the mod goes stand-alone. I'm pretty sure either BI or Rocket has stated that they have no plans to follow the free to play route.

And that's how far down the road?

Sure, it's nice to clinch an audience now, but it's not a necessity. The audience is already big enough, but as I mentioned in a different topic, much of it looks at this as a mod, and not an alpha. They expect immediate results, and they expect things not to change at all. This is fairly evident by the numerous, and I mean numerous, topics complaining about losing items, dying to random things, having things break, et cetera.

Edited by KWilt

And that's how far down the road?

Sure, it's nice to clinch an audience now, but it's not a necessity. The audience is already big enough, but as I mentioned in a different topic, much of it looks at this as a mod, and not an alpha. They expect immediate results, and they expect things not to change at all. This is fairly evident by the numerous, and I mean numerous, topics complaining about losing items, dying to random things, having things break, et cetera.

There were absolutely plenty of threads full of whiners long before the Yogscast decided to do a let's play.

As for the audience being big enough; say's who? A growing audience is absolutely what a mod like this needs. Sure, there will be players who become frustrated with it and leave for good, but there will always be players who leave and return after each update, and players who stick with it indefinately.

More publicity is a good thing.

>watching Yogscast

The fuck is wrong with you?

They're annoying as fuck, can't play anything for shit, completely lack common sense, commentate like retards, and make shitty videos.

Honestly I cannot think of a single popular youtuber more annoying. I don't know who would even like there videos.

Fred.

Seriously though, some of their shit is awesome. I whole heartily recommend their Final Fantasy 14 videos. They rip that game apart and it's absolutely hilarious.

But their DayZ stuff has been a complete sham and travesty.

Who cares? Their videos are for entertainment purposes only.

For someone so adamantly not caring, you seem to posting an awful lot about this topic (100% of your postcount to be exact).

Since you are frantically defending/trivializing their blatant disregard for the official rules(I really like rules!) you must be..

a) a loyal Yogscast fan

B) incredibly bored

c) a troll

They would never survive a legit DayZ server even if they tried. So they show this garbage and lure in even more stupid kids with false promises into this game that will go on and cry about how hard and "unfair" this game is..or post great suggestions like..why not remove sniper rifles?, or the L85, or automatic rifles, its all so unfair!

We already have enough of those here, don't we?

For someone so adamantly not caring, you seem to posting an awful lot about this topic (100% of your postcount to be exact).

Since you are frantically defending/trivializing their blatant disregard for the official rules(I really like rules!) you must be..

a) a loyal Yogscast fan

B) incredibly bored

c) a troll

They would never survive a legit DayZ server even if they tried. So they show this garbage and lure in even more stupid kids with false promises into this game that will go on and cry about how hard and "unfair" this game is..or post great suggestions like..why not remove sniper rifles?, or the L85, or automatic rifles, its all so unfair!

We already have enough of those here, don't we?

Yes, i've been 'lurking' the forums for a while now whilst playing Day z, and the whiny topics about the Yogscast annoyed me a little bit, the reason being is ignorance, which you are showing a lot of. For example 'They show this garbage and lure in even more stupid kids'.

Yes, i don't mind the Yogscast, i watch some of their stuff and enjoy it. However i did not like their Day Z video, but instead of rushing straight to the forums to complain about how they 'aren't playing like the rest of us' and 'make crappy videos' and 'lure in stupid kids', i just stopped watching.

As i said previously, their videos are for entertainment. It does not matter what they do in them, as long as they entertain. The vast majority of people watching their Day Z videos will most likely put more research into the mod before they start buying copies of Arma II. Not everyone is a 'stupid kid' as you put it.

There were absolutely plenty of threads full of whiners long before the Yogscast decided to do a let's play.

As for the audience being big enough; say's who? A growing audience is absolutely what a mod like this needs. Sure, there will be players who become frustrated with it and leave for good, but there will always be players who leave and return after each update, and players who stick with it indefinately.

More publicity is a good thing.

Again, I'm not against publicity. It's just not necessary right now. Which is the point I'm trying to get across right now.

And I know there was an abundance of repetitive threads before, during, after, and any other time of the existence of this mod in relation to the Yogscast Let's Play. The point I'm trying to make is that I would like to see a cut down in them. And when I'm seeing comments on the Yogscast video about how players believe you can't reconfigure the controls of Operation Arrowhead, or how you shouldn't insult Simon and Lewis simply because they are Simon and Lewis, I have very little faith in the majority of the community they're bringing to this alpha.

Again, I'm not against publicity. It's just not necessary right now. Which is the point I'm trying to get across right now.

And I know there was an abundance of repetitive threads before, during, after, and any other time of the existence of this mod in relation to the Yogscast Let's Play. The point I'm trying to make is that I would like to see a cut down in them. And when I'm seeing comments on the Yogscast video about how players believe you can't reconfigure the controls of Operation Arrowhead, or how you shouldn't insult Simon and Lewis simply because they are Simon and Lewis, I have very little faith in the majority of the community they're bringing to this alpha.

Publicity is always necessary. Without it the mod will die out.

We would all like to see a cut down in negative complaint threads, but it will NEVER happen. There will always be complaints, always.

As for the commenters on the Yogscast videos, yes, right off the bat they are ignorant of the mod, but weren't we all when we first saw a video or a screenshot or read an article about it? You complain about the ignorance of the fans of the Yogscast, but react to it with your own ignorance. As for not insulting Simon and Lewis, is there need for insults in the first place? No.

The Yogscast are giving a false impression of the mod, making it all seem way, way easyer than it actually is.

The problem, ofcourse, is that people who buy the mod, judging from their series, will get the crap kicked out of'em in seconds and won't understand what on earth is going on.

Edited by Teih

Publicity is always necessary. Without it the mod will die out.

You're telling me that, with 450,000 alpha testers, you think this mod has any possibility of dying out?

If an in-development product needed publicity, then holy hell, I'd love to know where all the publicity was for Duke Nukem Forever for 14 years.

We would all like to see a cut down in negative complaint threads, but it will NEVER happen. There will always be complaints, always.

As for the commenters on the Yogscast videos, yes, right off the bat they are ignorant of the mod, but weren't we all when we first saw a video or a screenshot or read an article about it? You complain about the ignorance of the fans of the Yogscast, but react to it with your own ignorance. As for not insulting Simon and Lewis, is there need for insults in the first place? No.

If you seriously think we can't at least cut down on these excessively repetitive threads a bit, I'm glad to know where your priorities lie in maintaining this community.

And yeah, I was ignorant to how to change the controls in ARMA II... for the first five minutes. Then, because I've played video games before, I went into the Options, found the Controls section, and read them. But, apparently someone who had played the game (as the commenter had insisted on stating) feels the need to lie to me and say that you can't configure the controls at all, and that you need a Czech keyboard to play the game at all. (If you need me to, I can pull this comment up.)

Also, they weren't 'insults'. I suppose I should've said 'constructive criticism', but the Yognaught in question decided that someone suggesting that the pair playing on a public server was some sort of insult, and that the commentor in question shouldn't even suggest something, because Simon and Lewis could do whatever they want. But I assumed that the hubris alone was enough to warrant their... well, blatant fanaticism. (Again, I can supply the comments if you'd like.)

In short, I suppose maybe you can count my... 'vendetta' with the Yognaughts as some form of fuel as to why I dislike ever having been associated with the community. I've seen them drive more than a handful of Minecraft modders out of business, and I've seen how the community acts with even the slightest suggestion in any of their videos. rocket already has enough to deal with, and I really don't want him to have to deal with this right now, especially when he's already apparently terrified of the community.

Edited by KWilt

No day is complete without yet another Yogscast Video Whine thread. Thanks OP.

Every criticism mentioned by the Yogscast I have heard numerous times in other Youtube Lets Plays of DayZ. Every action they have carried out, I have seen on numerous other Youtube Lets Plays of DayZ. Getting/Giving Weapons to players, I have seen numerous times in other Youtube Lets Plays of DayZ.

I can only conclude that you are a Hipster Yogscast Hater. You are not required to like them, but stop being all jelly brah.

They didnt spawn with items.... If you watch later in the video they get into some trouble and a sniper picks of the zombies. They then mention its their friend to make sure they dont just die. I would imagine they were given those guns and supplies to help themselves out and to quickly get into the immersion of the game. Whats the odd you spawn next to your friend, very very little. The start was staged....

Did they get some kind of special treatment? If you watched their vids you would have noticed they started with numerous supplies including blood bags and M1911s with several magazines. Also the zombie count on the server they were playing on was pretty low. In the series they were also getting help from a "ridgedog", was he a server admin who constantly helped them?

I mean damn, how come I can't start with a pistol and all these supplies and have some guardian angel there to give me a blood transfusion whenever I needed it?

Even if they were actually doing it legit, did Ridgedog teleport them together? It's not that easy finding a friend unless you spawned close to each other, which is a very low chance.

I would also note that in a firehouse they found not 1, but 2 military weapons, the AKM and the M16.

And when they went to a gas station they found 3 cars that appeared to be fully repaired.

In Part 3 Ridgedog shows up in a truck, giving it to them (well they accidentally shot him, and took the truck, but I'm pretty sure he would have gave them the truck anyways.)

This is just Yogscast riding the band wagon like they always do. They did a shit job of showing the games features because they were spoon fed the whole way and then bitch about every little bug they found in the game. Sure they gave some attention to Dayz but it works against us as now all of their 2 million subscribers are going to join Dayz and bitch, complain and clog every forum and every server. The community of dayz is already diluted with kids and all these Yogcast fan boys arn't going to help this community grow in a possitive dirrection. If you want to see what a good review of this game looks like then watch this

They didnt spawn with items.... If you watch later in the video they get into some trouble and a sniper picks of the zombies. They then mention its their friend to make sure they dont just die. I would imagine they were given those guns and supplies to help themselves out and to quickly get into the immersion of the game. Whats the odd you spawn next to your friend, very very little. The start was staged....

Thing is, ridgedog was able to get a ton of supplies, weapons, and even a car within at least a half hour after dying. It's pretty obvious that they are spawning things.

the yogscast just broadcasted gameplay of dayz to over a million people and your complaining, thats like saying "omfg why does that guy get a free cheeseburger" when he did a commercial for Mc Donalds.

the yogscast just broadcasted gameplay of dayz to over a million people and your complaining, thats like saying "omfg why does that guy get a free cheeseburger" when he did a commercial for Mc Donalds.

Sure. It's good population wise. But who is really in that population is what you need to think about. These are a bunch of people who think that the game is easier than it really is.

Think of it this way. Would you immediately eat a cheeseburger that some random guy told you was good? Probably not.

I am curious. It's pretty clear that you aren't supposed to have private servers. But so much for that rule... : /

Privet servers are allowed but they are not connected to the hive server!

I have my own privet server!

They are easy to setup!

Privet servers are allowed but they are not connected to the hive server!

I have my own privet server!

They are easy to setup!

What's "Privet", or do you mean, Private?

I am curious. It's pretty clear that you aren't supposed to have private servers. But so much for that rule... : /

Great rule; especially considering non-hive servers have better security than the current main hive servers do.

They were begged and begged to play DayZ. They saw that the only way to keep people entertained is to script the adventure and get help from other people. The only reason they were killed was because they wanted to end the series, they were getting so much hate for playing it.