TiredEthan

Yogscast spawned weapons and Admin Help?

Dude take a pill. Why are you asking a bunch of Day Z players, (people who probably haven't even heard of the Yogscast) how filming for a youtube series works? Ridgedog is a very good friend of the Yogscast and everything done in their videos could be done without hacking in items or somehow using admin cheats.

When a professional youtuber makes a video, they typically spend hours and hours outside of what you see even leading up to this point and make several cuts.Ridgedog died repeatedly after he was accidentally shot by Xephos, so it's not like he just up and got items again. He probably has a large stash on his server that he took the items from and brought them to the Yogscast since he was helping them the entire time because they're (self admittedly) a bunch of bumbling idiots.

He didn't drive back to them in a 'low amount of time', the Yogscast drove around like dolts for a long time, and there is several cuts during the video where stuff happens and you don't see it. That is just simply how shit is done on youtube. Cut the boring parts and show the action to avoid turning away viewers.

The Yogscast got alot of guff for having Ridgedog even along for the ride, people were expecting to see the Yogscast die over and over and never get anywhere (because that is what would have happened until they got a hang of the initial spawn) but then we'd have just saw 30+ minutes of them dying over and over and getting frustrated every episode.

If you want to see people die over and over go watch some twitch livestreams or one of the hundreds of other youtubers who do Let's Plays of this game. Screw your automatic assumptions that they cheated to get their items or hacked in vehicles or whatever guff you think. The Yogscast has an entire CREW of people in that server, several of them are probably on voice comms or chatting with the Yogscast telling them what to do next.

Think of it has Hollywoodizing Day Z. You might not like it, but it's still funny to watch. If it isn't, then just ignore them and stop obsessing over this.

That's still bullshit, I want free shit on my first time of playing :|

There are quite a few Day Z twitch streamers with super stacked trucks hidden in the woods in places. When they die, they find the nearest spawn and go back to grab more shit then run back out. They play the game like it's a deathmatch game which is silly and frankly a bit boring IMHO. I like the tense feeling of hunting for stuff every time I respawn, though I can understand the tedium.

I'd like to also point out that Totalbiscuit did a 'WTF Is' edition of Day Z.

He's WITH Rocket, and OH LOOK they have pistols. It's a public server obviously (which seems to not be the case for the Yogscast admittedly). Potentially, they found the pistols but Rocket stated 'We just spawned on the beach'... and that was WITH Rocket present.

Edited by Jachim

Doing this from my phone sucks but I assume their bodyguard/admin gave them the items.. With a Coyote pack it would not be hard to carry all of that with you. I watched some of episode 1 and saw where the one guy died but the video also cut there to when he made it back.

Obviously you have proof they hacked/cheated so where is it?

Without proof none of us can say for sure of they did or not.. So again I say you should go bitch at them instead of hoping someone here will do it for you.

Not hard? Are you telling me he was able to fit gear for both of them, and still have that stuff shown on his body when he was accidentally shot? I am not saying they are hacking, I am curious as too the exact reason they obtained their gear and flawing out theories in order to come up with a perfect theory.

If you got 2mill subs and approach DayZ team, because you want to shoot some footage, they'd go:

"Locking down a server for 45min for these two goofballs, might be a really really good inventment."

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

If you got 2mill subs and approach DayZ team, because you want to shoot some footage, they'd go:

"Locking down a server for 45min for these two goofballs, might be a really really good inventment."

So they broke their own rules for profit? Is that what you're saying?

Kid's these days... afraid of hard work, and expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

(In his best "When I was your age..." voice)

I was playing DayZ back when we spawned with a Makarov, Morphine, a can o Heinz Baked Beans, etc. I get 10x more joy out of starting with nothing and WORKING for my M4A3 CCO, etc, than starting with "n00b" gear.

You'll appreciate what you have when you work for it. Don't believe me? How many kids in high school do dumb things with the cars their parents buy them? How many kids in high school who WORKED for their car did dumb things with it?

If you still want to cry about not starting with a gun, I'd suggest you go back to whatever game you came from, because ArmA 2/DayZ is not the game your looking for.

Kid's these days... afraid of hard work, and expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

I was playing DayZ back when we spawned with a Makarov, Morphine, a can o Heinz Baked Beans, etc. I get 10x more joy out of starting with nothing and WORKING for my M4A3 CCO, etc, than starting with "n00b" gear.

You'll appreciate what you have when you work for it. Don't believe me? How many kids in high school do dumb things with the cars their parents buy them? How many kids in high school who WORKED for their car did dumb things with it?

If you still want to cry about not starting with a gun, I'd suggest you go back to whatever game you came from, because ArmA 2/DayZ is not the game your looking for.

I'm not expecting a gun to start out with, it's just simply not fair that they received several supplies and portrayed the game in such a way.

Stop trolling, christ. =/ You keep jumping to conclusions whenever someone gives you a theory which is all they can give.

I'm not expecting a gun to start out with, it's just simply not fair that they received several supplies and portrayed the game in such a way.

So it's not "fair" that I help new players every Saturday/Sunday evening by spending 4+ hours dieing repeatedly while I help them get accustomed to the controls, land nav, how to avoid agro, where to find loot, sometimes GIVING them all my gear. You really need to stop with the whine fest dude. If you want help getting started, ask. There is a WHOLE sub forum called the Survivor HQ in the General Forums for it.

As for their Portrayal of the game, they do the same thing with Minecraft, did you really expect anything different from them?

So it's not "fair" that I help new players every Saturday/Sunday evening by spending 4+ hours dieing repeatedly while I help them get accustomed to the controls, land nav, how to avoid agro, where to find loot, sometimes GIVING them all my gear. You really need to stop with the whine fest dude. If you want help getting started, ask. There is a WHOLE sub forum called the Survivor HQ in the General Forums for it.

As for their Portrayal of the game, they do the same thing with Minecraft, did you really expect anything different from them?

Well hell you don't find an angel that will help you that much everyday.

Are you telling me that Rocket isn't allowed to make exceptions to his own rules durring aplha testing, to promote DayZ for four segments of 15minutes each, is that what you're saying?

Or are you're saying that if Mr. Yogs and Mr. Cast is allowed to shoot their silly footage for an hour on a locked server, every server admin should be allowed to freely kick whoever he wants for whatever reason and lock his server whenever he feels like it?

Edited by Dallas

Are you telling me that Rocket isn't allowed to make exceptions to his own rules durring aplha testing, to promote DayZ for four segments of 15minutes each, is that what you're saying?

Or are you're saying that if Mr. Yogs and Mr. Cast is allowed to shoot their silly footage for an hour on a locked server, every server admin should be allowed to freely kick whoever he wants for whatever reason and lock his server whenever he feels like it?

Even if he did allow them himself it just goes against morals.

>watching Yogscast

The fuck is wrong with you?

They're annoying as fuck, can't play anything for shit, completely lack common sense, commentate like retards, and make shitty videos.

Honestly I cannot think of a single popular youtuber more annoying. I don't know who would even like there videos.

They're so bad, they constantly get posted on /v/ in rage threads, because of how frustrating their videos are to watch.

So much hatred for this Yogscast business...

Ridgedog or whatever his name is pays for the server he uses out of his own pocket, and if he wants to let the yogscast record day z content on it the way they want, then who the hell are you lot to complain?

Sure, their video doesn't portray exactly how the game is, but who the hell wants to watch another video of people dying all the time whilst getting used to playing it?

Honestly i have no idea why people are even complaining. The yogscast making videos about this mod is a good thing. If you don't like their videos then don't watch them, and don't whine about them either.

This community is filled with some of the whiniest people i've come across.

• Like 1

they definitely spawn stuff in. They shot Ridge. By the end of the video he was back with his Bizon and all his original gear. Yogscast is shit, and because of this publicity from them, alot more 10 year olds who play minecraft are going to be coming into this mod and then whinge about all the little bugs..

they definitely spawn stuff in. They shot Ridge. By the end of the video he was back with his Bizon and all his original gear. Yogscast is shit, and because of this publicity from them, alot more 10 year olds who play minecraft are going to be coming into this mod and then whinge about all the little bugs..

More people = more publicity = more money = better mod.

More people = more publicity = more money = better mod.

I don't understand why people keep saying this.

It's not like rocket's being paid for DayZ, to my knowledge.

So, actually it's just:

More People = More publicity

Edited by KWilt

Yeah! Totally. It's not like there's any way BI could possibly assist him further in the development of DayZ especially when it comes to making it available on the Arma 3 engine. Yeah. No way it's a mutually beneficial relationship and every dollar to BI will aide DayZ indirectly because they have already demonstrated a willingness to devote resources to the mod by specifically devoting engineers who should be working on Arma 3 to instead fix very DayZ-specific issues in the Arma 2 engine instead. Just because he's not getting a personal check cut in his name, no investment in BI could possibly help him in any way...

Anyway.

Yeah.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Lol then every clan out there must be spawning stuff in.

-You can have a tent with extra gear, you die you just run back to it and your fully geared up

-You can have a friend come pick you up after death, and give you gear from his person or the car

Anyone with more than 2 weeks experience in this game should of figured this out unless they are slow. "Cheating" in this game is as easy as finding a friend or a good hiding spot for your tent.

I don't understand why people keep saying this.

So, actually it's just:

More People = More publicity

You mustn't have even a simple grasp on how business works then. Day z is becoming increasingly popular as the months go on. Do you honestly think BI aren't gonna think 'Hmm, maybe there's more to this Day z business than we thought'? There's money to be made, especially with this mod.

You mustn't have even a simple grasp on how business works then. Day z is becoming increasingly popular as the months go on. Do you honestly think BI aren't gonna think 'Hmm, maybe there's more to this Day z business than we thought'? There's money to be made, especially with this mod.

But if they join now, then there's no money to be made. So...

Your point is?

Edited by KWilt