rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

That sounds like a guaranteed way to lose my existing gear. Where did you read this?

it happened to me, and has as well happened to others if you´ll read forums. You can of course try and survive with your current life and gear, then see if you get back to your life before update.

This patch is giving me a CTD just after receiving mission data, I've tried all of the OA Betas, I've uninstalled OA and re-installed it, I've even tried SixLauncher.

Loading the armory or scenarios work fine, just joining servers doesn't work.

One spawned in a shack with me, but disappeared in a couple sec. Others seemed to stick together more often than before as well (same walking pattern, etc. on top of each other). Shot a couple in a long barn and they just fell through the ground too.

That's been happeneing since last patch, also happens at the bottom of deer stands.

i know we mainly need to focus on bug right now, but iread that there would be some content released in this update like

-beartrap (check)

-new skins (..?..)

-new weapons (..?..)

Am i totally wrong or was it just removed waiting for some stability ?

Regarding the Hotfix 1.7.1.3 + Last beta pacth : No trouble at all.

-Good loot spawn.

-PERFECT zombie aggro.

-Good performance on my E6750 + ATI 5770.

You just have to fix the "Disconnecting to avoid danger" issue now Rocket :) . I know it must be some heavy workload but thats really the only thing i can think of regarding games breaking mechanics at the moment.

Thanks Dayzteam.

Love your work.

Got a freezing zombie problem which they all just stand still, and some inventory reverts and such but nothing major...

it happened to me, and has as well happened to others if you´ll read forums. You can of course try and survive with your current life and gear, then see if you get back to your life before update.

My apologies for ever doubting you. Problem solved.

That's been happeneing since last patch, also happens at the bottom of deer stands.

Never happened to me before. I mean I remember the half a sec. flashes of Z, but I don't remember seeing their whole body there one sec. gone the next. Never had them disappear at deer stands either. *shrug*

* [FIXED] Infected detect players from too far away (reduced by about 20%)

SAYS WHO? This is getting rediculous. The game was suppose to be hard.

Hard but not buggy. I'm getting Zombie during the daylight that aggro as far as 200m or more out with my crawling or crouch walking, some even aggro even though object block their view, such as hills, convert fences, and buildings. Other agro 100m out with me crouch and not moving, with their backs to me. And it only happen during the day. Only time their not bugged as night, in fact not a single problem playing as night. So it a "sight" issue, for some damn reason they've gone from crap zombie vision to superman vision during the day.

• Like 1

This one definitely seems a bit more stable than the last. Zeds are definitely more observant than they were previously, but that is alright by me. Walking in front of them if they are looking at you is now a very bad idea, even if they are quite far from you. No random issues with zombies spawning like in 1.7.2 although I have lost a few goats to what I am guessing is server cleanup before I can reach them and eat them :)

• Like 1

Ok so far I've updated fully using six updater, went on line and spawned in as a fresh toon with no gear at coast, read a few pages back to press respawn and this worked for me to get all my gear back and back in last postion since before this updare.

Also tried equiping ghillie suit and that also worked for me, didn't lose gear etc.

Edited by paranoid101

- Animals were moving around much more, but some disappeared right in front of me. I didn't shoot them or anything. They just POOF!

I should have mentioned this before: I had a goat do the same thing. I ran all the way up to it and right when I got there it blinked out of existence.

The issue with infected being aggroed at far distances still doesnt seem right. I dont know if this is intentional or not. I can be sneaking on the ground and still be seen from a great distance.

been reading all the posts here.

Has no one found the bear trap yet?

I found one the first building I entered

Incompetence has nothing to do with the state of the build, but the state and progress of the project.

It's no personal slight against me, well from my perspective, that things go wrong that shouldn't. I just hope I and others involved can learn fast enough to not make the same mistake more than once. That is the absolute best we can hope to achieve. I don't think anyone could prepare themselves for this, no matter how much money, people, or experience even. I.e. Blizzard and Diablo 3.

If I was competent at this, I would already be a multi-millionare driving around in a lambo doing my best to get herpies.

Word. That's signature material right there lol.

• Like 1

Spawned @ Coast. Lost everything, beta 94876 with 1.7.2.3

Hit the respawn button, it worked for me and many others.

This worked for me as well. When in server, hit respawn, abort, disconnect to player list and then "okay" and you will spwn on your last saved location. Thanks!

I am able to equip my ghillie with no gear loss, however no progress is saved after that. Tested on multiple servers with several people. Reverts to where you were when you put the clothes on every time.

• Like 2

My list so far:

Updating to the most recent available patch (94945) caused stuck at Waiting for Host when connecting to a server.

Rolling back to 94876 resolved the issue.

FPS is much improved. Performance overall feels much smoother.

Infected (are they officially zombies now?... I still like infected..)

- aggro behavior is great. I can never be sure I'm safe from them spotting me though with the right moves I can get away from them. Love it.

- spawning on top of my head (I'm not sure if these are actual new spawns happening or if it's some weird teleporting to suddenly being in front of me from aggro).

- spawning inside buildings or areas of buildings that can't be entered.

- some seem to be frozen/unable to move or attack from anywhere but the spot they are rooted to.

Hatchets still need to be reloaded (have not checked crowbars)

Guys is it possible to roll back from 94945 to 94876? when I run the 94876.exe it still says "updating to version 1.61"

Can I roll back to test the earlier patch or not?

Yes, you have to reinstall or the easy way, download this http://www.mediafire.com/?1boywk1ckx9f554 and extract exe file (to your ArmaIIOA/expansion/beta folder ) and overwrite (also dont forget to copy/paste it into the main folder too. Then you can apply pre-1.61 patches