rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Hey! Feedback to 1.7.2.3:

1. Lags and desync reduced. Great.

2. Zombies now act better. I guess they are good balanced now, but there are some frozen zombies sometimes.

3. Killed a Zombie which stands near a deer stand. In that very moment 3 other zombies were spawned. That feels unrealistic and destroys the atmosphere. Let a cleaned area, clean for a while.

4. Extremly FPS drops. They were in 1.7.1.5. In 1.7.2.0 it was fine. No FPS drops there. But now in 1.7.2.3 they are back again. Had it today after a while in Cherno and in Stary Soborsk, Restart of ARMA 2 "solves" the problem. It occurred to me and two other guys who were with me. One with AMD crossfire. One with single Nvidia and the other I don't know. But I guess it has nothing to do with a special kind of video-card.

This has nothing to do with the patch... at all. Like, not even close.

I was reporting on the current state of the melee weapons in the new patch. Stop using this forum as an excuse to troll people. There are a million other forums for that. You commenting on my comment guess what? "has nothing to do with the patch... at all. Like, not even close." Me commenting on your comment has the same effect. See how dumb people just ruin every attempt at any progress?

What do i do with the beta patch files?

I know with the 1.7.2.3 files you unrar them into you @dayz/addons folder, but what about the Beta Patch Files?

Where do they go?

Just Download the new DAYZ 1.7.2.3 addon files and put them in your Arma 2 operation arrowhead/@dayz/addons folder, you can delete the old 1.7.2 from that folder before you copy in the new 1.7.2.3 files. Should be a total of 12 or 14 files i think all together if you redownload everything.

Then go into your Arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion and you should see a folder called beta. you can delete that folder completely and download and apply the new arma 2 beta patch here http://dayzmod.com/b...Build_94876.zip

after you did this the beta folder you deleted will return and the game version will be 94876, if you still had issues after that copy the arma2oa.exe from the beta folder and paste it in your main Arma 2 operation arrowhead directory to make sure the correct beta exe is running.

zombies standing still is the only thing i noticed.

When they spawn inside a barn or even just outside they wont move for a few seconds then they pick up a random pathing. Although sometimes they spawn oddly, especially in indoor areas.

Have been playing 1.7.2.3 since first servers started to popup. The build is pretty stable.

Visibility gone from debug monitor? It is from mine. Zombies seem better behaved.

Yes is gone for me also,

Patch wiped my server, all tents and vehicles are gone. Worst of all after 5 hours looking no new vehicles have spawned.

I've seen a car.

I forgot to mention that now it's a lot harder to find stuff. Especially weapons, backpacks and compass.

I've died randomly a couple of times now.. I don't know if it was some kind of hax or a sniper, but both times there was no one around, and once I was inside a building alone and there was no way I could be seen from outside.

I noticed a problem with scroll wheel a few times where I couldn't scroll to get inventory options, and I still have to pick up everything around a pack, before I can pick it up..

A couple of times, I saw bunches of zombies just hanging out in fields around Elektro.

Once I even threw a smoke grenade into the field beside them and they still didn't budge.

Anyway, all of these are fairly minor..

Aside from this (and the annoying hill snipers in Elektro) everything is nice and smooth and working well.

I've been able to skin animals, zombie agro is a little buggy, but nice when it works.

There were a couple of times when I could walk right in front of zeds and they wouldn't move, but when they are working, their detection seems the best it's been so far. :)

Great job with the updates, I'm having a blast testing this build! (as always!) ;)

"Blood Transfusions"? So that's wjat ya call it these days?

Option was invisible like many other mouse wheel options. I think it that is the reason 1.7.2.3 is out so fast

So is it safe to log back in if i had a ghillie suit before 1.7.2? or will my guy still die?

No its not safe, You'll get you ghillies suit, sure . but you'll lose you score. the next time you join you'll get your previous score back and no ghillie suit once again. Put on another ghillie suit and the same thing happens again, no score gone and you'll start back where you were the first time. How hard is it to test these things and make sure they work first?!?!?!?

I can actually get into the servers with no problem, although when in game there is a white square around me (it makes the ground almost see through and it follows me were ever I go, I have tried many servers yet it still persists, this also happened in 1.7.2

I have the same thing. I reported it in the dev tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36631

There are pics of the issue, is it the same one you're having?

I was reporting on the current state of the melee weapons in the new patch. Stop using this forum as an excuse to troll people. There are a million other forums for that. You commenting on my comment guess what? "has nothing to do with the patch... at all. Like, not even close." Me commenting on your comment has the same effect. See how dumb people just ruin every attempt at any progress?

They didn't change melee. It's always been like this. There is a section for suggestions.

Any admin around can let us know if it got fix the problem when a server disconect and we get the CONNECTION LOST message and we lose everything and start again in the beach?

Thank you

Patch wiped my server, all tents and vehicles are gone. Worst of all after 5 hours looking no new vehicles have spawned.

They will be there just give the hive a chance to catch up. 24 hours at the max and all will be well for you

No its not safe, You'll get you ghillies suit, sure . but you'll lose you score. the next time you join you'll get your previous score back and no ghillie suit once again. Put on another ghillie suit and the same thing happens again, no score gone and you'll start back where you were the first time. How hard is it to test these things and make sure they work first?!?!?!?

What do you think your doing every second that your in game ? We are testers in an alpha project. Were not players yet my friend.

• Like 2

Love the update. Seems to fixed all the problems in 1.7.2

Few things...

*Loading screen Error still happens and often.

*The newest Beta build for Arma 2 OP don't work, had to downgrade.

*Zeds spawns when Aggro are to close to the player, Often times on top of them. (Simple fix, zeds can't spawn in a 360 line of site around a player).

*Servers Red Chain often.

*Animal spawn decreased

*(Unconfirmed) A friend glitched through the map and almost died.

*Scroll wheel alittle bugged, or delayed. Friend could not give me Epi pen. Had to wait a minute to take meat from pig.

Some things i like...

*Zed AI seems improved. They are smarter and will flank, and climb ladders more often.

*Loot seems more balanced for where you find it. Hunting stands have guns, factory's have car parts, and idk about markets.

*No graphics problems. 60 Frames solid usually with uncommon drops by 10 or so FPS. Usually when zooming out or using a sniper.

*Desync problem is gone for the most part.

DELTA SMOKE 01 if you can not help him or give him an answer to help SHUT THE TRUCK UP !! we all know we are testing so again SHUT THE TRUCK UP with the same song, he is putting that info there cause his information will help admins to fix it. so please again .. SHUT THE TRUCK UP !!! ohh and if you planning on answering this message ... SHUT THE TRUCK UP !!! .!.

• Like 1

Ok i have a couple of issues with this mod

1. ok i just updated using the torrent link at the start of the thread. when i go to join a server, most of them have crosses on the sides and i cannot connect to those servers. when i do find ones with question marks, I click on them and they get crosses on the side and the server version is highlighted red. Is this because a server isnt updated to 1.7.2.3?

2. When i do find a server that remains on question mark, i go to join it and it starts to load fine. but then the game loads sounds and i can hear the ingame sounds but a full bar, and a "Loading..." appears. i assumed it was loading the game but i left my pc for an hour and when i came back it was still in the same state. is there any way to fix this?

Can someone please help as I only bought and downloaded ARMA 2 CO last night just for this mod and i havent played it yet and i have been busting to play it for 24 hours

• Like 1

dayz 1.7.2.3 (via torrent in Rockets first post in thread)

beta patch 94876 (via link in Rockets first post in thread)

First time logging in from 1.7.1.5 about 3 weeks ago -- lost camo skin. (Dont care about loss, just reporting that it isn't fixed).

Edited by DeadRising

fixed

Edited by vhh

ANy other server hosts with 1.7.2.3 and 94876 and using BERcon, see that battleye not being able to verify players GUID?