Sign in to follow this  
feeltheflow

Board? Waste Of Money

Because prison = temp ban. The hyperbole some of you dimwits spout is astounding.

How's that a hyperbole? In both cases, your "character" is not allowed to the free world. Only difference is one is in reality, the other one is in the pixel world we call video game (virtual world), whichever one you prefer. Spending 7 nights in jail is hardly that big a deal. It's nowhere even close to being considered a felony.

And why do most people on this forum that disagree with someone else's opinion have to start name-calling or spout swear words?

Does it make you feel better? You don't sound any smarter saying it, in case you didn't know.

If you disagree, just politely disagree. There's no need for hostility. This forum already has enough people with hot heads.

Edited by Whattteva

Dayz is competely free, and to be honest, In it's still infantile ALPHA state it is quite impressive. If you've ever played an alpha of a game, you'd know that typically they are quite broken/unfinished. DayZ however is completely playable, and quite enjoyable. Here are some tips:

1. Prone is your friend. If you don't have the time or patience to prone around Zeds and scout and plan your routes, you're playing the wrong game. Making threads about how hard things are isn't going to win you any friends when you're not even trying.

2. Barns are great places for starter loot. Stay off of main roads and out of Cities/Towns/Villages. Look for remote farms with barns you can enter, easily identified by the huge, usually open, doors.

3. If your attention span is that of a small rodent, and your COD twitch sensibilities absolutely HAVE to be sated, you can try dashing around the large cities looking for more abundant loot. Apartment complexes, Firehouses, and hospitals are all great places. Be warned however that you WILL be hunted, and probably sniped by other players who prowl those streets.

Edited by Wilkysheen

7 hours isn't enough time to even begin to experience the game or even master the zombies. That may be enough time to pwn some noobs in CoD or Halo but seven hours isn't jack in DayZ.

Read the wiki.

STUDY the map. (if you don't know what contour lines are you should google that right away)

Watch live streams.

Read more threads here. (there are helpful thread for getting started, you just have to use the search sometimes)

Dayz is competely free, and to be honest, In it's still infantile ALPHA state it is quite impressive. If you've ever played an alpha of a game, you'd know that typically they are quite broken/unfinished. DayZ however is completely playable, and quite enjoyable. Here are some tips:

1. Prone is your friend. If you don't have the time or patience to prone around Zeds and scout and plan your routes, you're playing the wrong game. Making threads about how hard things are aren't going to win you any friends when you're not even trying.

2. Barns are great places for starter loot. Stay off of main roads and out of Cities/Towns/Villages. Look for remote farms with barns you can enter, easily identified by the huge, usually open, doors.

3. If your attention span is that of a small rodent, and your COD twitch sensibilities absolutely HAVE to be sated, you can try dashing around the large cities looking for more abundant loot. Apartment complexes, Firehouses, and hospitals are all great places. Be warned however that you WILL be hunted, and probably sniped by other players who prowl those streets.

Agree with pretty much 90% of what you say here. My only problem with prone though, it makes you easy picking for snipers.

TOP TIP for noobs like me !! B)

Download a high rez map onto your mobile phone, then find a town and the name and bingo you know where you are!! ;)

Edited by Itchy

In cities that is a problem, but around farms and even the smaller remote towns I don't really worry about snipers. They are more interested in the "Big Haul" so to speak, areas of the map where players naturally coalesce. Like Cherno, Elektro, Airfields, ect. I play a very "Rugged" type character. Most of my time is spent running along tree-lines, I only rarely hit the Zelenogorsk Supermarket, around which I've NEVER seen another player. And it's usually chalk full of supplies, tents, maps, matches, even some nice guns. Like my trusty Winchester and m1911. I rarely encounter players, let alone get sniper or pk'd :P

That's just unreasonable. You don't put someone in prison for 7 days just for saying he bought a McDonald's free toy that comes in the happy meal.

You also don't try to return a happy meal because the free toy you got with it was not up to your expectations.

• Like 1

Arma 2 and OA cost money, but you bought the games on your own, so don't complain. DayZ is free, and if you don't like it, play something else.

For the last time, it's not free. It's $23.99.

You also don't try to return a happy meal because the free toy you got with it was not up to your expectations.

You're right. Though, I wouldn't put it past people to try funny things. It wouldn't surprise me if someone's tried it already. I mean, people have tried things like suing McD for having hot coffee burn them (and won too).... I mean DUH, common sense that coffee would be served hot, right? Now, we have to deal with cups with "Caution, HOT!" signs on them.

We are digressing though. I mean, I agree that whoever complains about paying DayZ is in the wrong, but my main point was giving them temp 7-day ban for it is just excessive. After all, it's just an opinion that they're expressing and it's not really harming anyone other than popping some hot heads' tempers.

Edited by Whattteva

We are digressing though. I mean, I agree that whoever complains about paying DayZ is in the wrong, but my main point was giving them temp 7-day ban for it is just excessive. After all, it's just an opinion that they're expressing and it's not really harming anyone other than popping some hot heads' tempers.

I don't honestly think he's serious anyway.

For the last time, it's not free. It's $23.99.

Ok, that's just trolling. :D

And yes, I agree that most people at the moment are buying Arma II just for DayZ. So yes, BI is making money thanks to it. Yet... When you buy the game, you are not really buying DayZ (you are buying the game that enables to you to play DayZ).

And I can understand that many players who bought the game based on the youtube videos and such hype, may get disappointed because in reality, the game is quite far from that. At least 99% of the time. Yet, your complaint should rather be directed at those youtube videos / reviews for giving a false impression of the mod - not at the mod for not meeting the youtube video hype.

(And the "official marketing video" on the dayzmod main page... Frankly, I think it should be changed, because it is nearly false advertising for the mod in its current state... but when has advertising videos really been honest anyway? Ads are just ads.)

Most marketing is just that... marketing. It's always misleading. It's just like the fuel efficiency number they quote you when you buy your car. They don't get that number from driving it around. In fact, the car never even moves an inch when they quote that number. The results? whatever number they quote you, subtract like 3-5 out of it and you'll get your real-world fuel efficiency.

Oh shit, it's like girl's age, except in that case, you add like 10 to the number they tell you.

Edited by Whattteva

Kids like OP confuse me.. YES, the only reason I bought Arma ii (especially with arma 3 coming soon) was for DayZ. But I have spent many hours now trolling scenarios and team killing ai in the test rounds while bored in class on my laptop. The game was designed for US army training and you can EASILY log 500+ hours on SP alone. DayZ is just a huge bonus which could bring in at the very minimum of 200 hours of fun and technically infinite extra play time with future updates.

Nobody is buying Arma II for Arma II.

Wrong

These DayZ fanboys are all over you it seems. I can understand why people call this the "running simulator", because that is almost all you do in the game, except for looting and sometimes, meeting other people. The zombies never stop following you untill you kill them. Good loot is so rare it just becomes an endless grind. I would say this is not worth 24$ on steam as of right now. If they add some cool new things we'll see, but right now... meh.

These DayZ fanboys are all over you it seems. I can understand why people call this the "running simulator", because that is almost all you do in the game, except for looting and sometimes, meeting other people. The zombies never stop following you untill you kill them. Good loot is so rare it just becomes an endless grind. I would say this is not worth 24$ on steam as of right now. If they add some cool new things we'll see, but right now... meh.

My friend, with all due respect this thread is nearly two years old! the mod has come a long way since then...

If you hate running try overwatch, you can instantly build yourself a bike there, and plenty much vehicles lying around, and then theres epoch where the zeds are about as deadly as a drunken bum staggering around...

Its 2014 and you have options now ;)

This thread is a zed... lol

$24...Are you talking about standalone? The everything you need to run the mod was just on sale for like $8 on steam... I think it was only $12 regular price. That's a bargain that can't be beat!

I have a feeling this guy was searching for threads specifically so he could talk sh*t about DayZ on the DayZ website. You gotta be a total douche if you think this is an appropriate way for an a adult to act.

Brought up a two year only thread to flame on your first post, reported and hopefully yarded

Hello and welcome to the forums. Please make sure to check the dates of the topics you're posting in, as this thread is from a time where SA wasn't even in the making.