rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

Having a broader variety of skins will help' date=' too, as people can spread the word about a particular murderer having a particular appearance.

[/quote']

haha!

"Hotpants & Aviators on killing spree, watch out!

- Sincerely, Overalls w/ baseball cap guy"

Right.

...if you dont want a coastal deathmath' date=' then get off the coast.

Whats so hard about this? even now with the b skins this could be a "kill everyone" game and it isnt.

And you clearly see that by the survivor/bandit count.

How do you link disregarding most of the game to removing bandit skins?

[/quote']

I'm well off of the coast myself. As this game continues to grow (which it's doing) and more people are joining (which they are), they're going to be sitting on the beach trying to figure out what the fuck, and they're going to get murked by some camping douche.

but that's not the point. The point is that you condescendingly quoted Rocket's post and I was wondering just how far literally you would take that post. If the playerbase decided to turn DayZ into a gigantic non-stop DM, focusing on fragging each other instead of playing the survival features of the game, since Rocket said he wants the players to decide the way the game plays, would you support that?

I dont think so, at least 1 visit to the forum is mandatory , either for troubleshooting, to complaining about the pitch black nights, or to know , as you said, what the fuck is this game.

I havent even installed it and I already knew the beach wasnt a safe place.

Now, for the ¨point¨, you have a HUGE map and 50/60 active players max, how can that become a non stop DM?

Yes, chernarus and elektro are always having shoot outs, but you have no obligation to be there.

Lets suppose it becomes a DM fest, No,I would not support that, but i sincerely think that if the mod has not turned into that already it wont happen just because the bandit skins are gone. PLUS you still have the humanity stat, and im sure theres an idea behind it.

Demons souls its a good comparative, it allowed PVP, but it didnt mean you would have a pk in your game all the time. I guess you know about this game already, what do you think bout its system?

I can see your fears of this turning into something else, but the arma community its quite mature, and the new players that dont really dig the survival features and are here just to 0wN n00bz, will soon be gone with any new game out there.

This is a alpha, you should be breaking things all the time to see how we all react to them. You need to use us like the hamsters we are, to help further shape your mod.

Having a broader variety of skins will help' date=' too, as people can spread the word about a particular murderer having a particular appearance.

[/quote']

haha!

"Hotpants & Aviators on killing spree, watch out!

- Sincerely, Overalls w/ baseball cap guy"

Lol, that. Exactly that. Although it'll be more difficult to pass that kind of information on once global chat is gone.

And like Pandejo said, there is no obligation to be in Cherno or Elektro. Everyone knows to avoid the major cities in a zombie apocalypse anyway. Additionally, it should be taken for granted that you will die atleast once as a noob before you start to "get it". If you can't handle that, this is not the game for you, and better you find out early than when you've crawled for hours on your belly to Stary Sabor to get an AK.

Oh yeah! Been waiting this for long time. Let the paranoia begin.

This is a alpha' date=' you should be breaking things all the time to see how we all react to them. You need to use us like the hamsters we are, to help further shape your mod.

[/quote']

/thread

Maybe bandits should emit some sort of sounds.

redrum ?

that would be creepy as hell :s

Maybe bandits should emit some sort of sounds.

lol

hahaha, totally just pictured that in game.

Crouching in a building, all of a sudden hearing B.I.G. rapping behind you, BANG your dead.

No... No bandit skin? :'(

*crawls in a dark corner shooting everything that moves*

Now people will only pvp more because they don't even matter if they get a bandit skin or not.

No... No bandit skin? :'(

*crawls in a dark corner shooting everything that moves*

Now people will only pvp more because they don't even matter if they get a bandit skin or not.

it's all about choice. lots of bandits were stuck being bandits, and survivors scared of becoming bandits. I think the PvP ratio will stay much the same, only people will be happier to follow their own path.

It's interesting thats for sure Rocket,

I personally try to survive, I have NEVER fired the first shot. NEVER. but I have killed multiple times, this has caused me issues with groups, at times, player A shoots at me, I kill him. I lose humanity..

now player A has been both survivor, and bandit. so, even though he was the aggressor. I lose humanity. there seems to be a fundamental flaw in that. as it made people wary of trusting me, due to bandit skin..

Bear in mind that when the mod was first released there was no humanity system at all, and people were very often friendly. It's simply not the case that bandit skins are the only thing between dayz and utter chaos.

Good news Rocket, especially the "find skins around the world", great way to add an extra touch to established teams - and the general versatility.

Curious to see if the forum explodes in tears with the removal of the Bandit. I'm a little sad it benefits the mindless murderess but your numbers are probably correct; the murderess are definitely out there but they are not ruining the game.

Let's Ginnie pig this and see where it leads :)

this is a realistic mod

No' date=' it's not, because it's a game. It will always have certain limitations that keep it from being completely realistic, and it's not unreasonable to have certain features in place that counterbalance these limitations. The bandit system was far from perfect, but it was better to have [i']something like it rather than have zero incentive to not wantonly murder, because that's not realistic either.

You couldn't quote that line in context? THIS is a REALISTIC mod, REALISM is what the developers are going for here.

TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND

This mod is supposed to represent the zombie apocalypse, that is its whole function.

In the zombie apocalypse if you come across and armed civilian in the middle of the woods or the city, while you are carrying precious, valuable items that you had to work HARD to get, are you just going to strike up a conversation? Are you going to be concerned that you might not be able to trust him? If you do take that chance, you will AND SHOULD be KEENLY aware that you are risking not only your goods, but your LIFE.

If this person you meet decides to lie to you, is his outfit going to change? Maybe his nose will grow? If he does kill you, and leaves and meets another person, and that person asks his name, do you think he will use the same name? Maybe he wants to be a famous bandit, maybe not. Do you think he will dress like something you will be afraid of? Or maybe he will where something that is scary because he doesn't care. The point it it is HIS choice.

Your choice is whether or not to trust him.

If you do and you die, that is YOUR fault. You need to be able to live with the consequences. One of those consequences as that alliances that are made during harsh times that withstand the preasure, are all the more valuable because of it.

On my current character I have about 16 hours now.

I have two rifles of choice with ample ammo, a rare cyote ruck with 24 slots, more cooked meat than I could eat in a week, plenty of medicine, and all the neccesary tools including the rarer e-tool and tool box. If you think I'm going to go QUAKE on anybody at this point in the game you must be OUT YO DAMN MIND. I'm playing super careful, if I get attacked I haul ass, I don't fight back, if I even get attacked because I run as soon as I hear shoots fired HALF A CITY AWAY. You get one rare item and you won't even think about playing like a COASTAL NOOB, which I'm sure you are, because you played up north you'd realized that bandit skins are completly irrelevant there, BECAUSE NOBODY TRUSTS ANYBODY when you have that kind of loot on the line.

GG

I think it's about time I threw in my two cents...

So I've become a complete and utter, thug4lyfe bandit (-102,000 humanity). The reason for this, though, is simple - from the day I 'earned' my bandit skin, the way I was forced to play the game changed completely. It became a matter of shooting first, seeing as everyone - survivor (assuming you're a mass-murderer out to get them) and bandits (unaware of the circumstances which landed you with a skin akin to theirs) alike - would open fire the moment I came into view anyway.

I've been eager for the bandit skins to be dropped for a while now, as it will allow me to play the game the way it's meant to be played again; not as an open-world shooter.

I liked the idea and I want to choose my skins. Every game that Ive played that uses "flags" system to show who is dangerous and who is not is a flawless system and doesnt work. Although Im proud to have a negative humanity. It would be nice if there is a rank on website showing our humanity.

I can understand why this has been done, but I do think PKs are going to skyrocket. That's fine if you've got friends to play with, but if you're looking to join unknown survivors, don't.

I think it's about time I threw in my two cents...

So I've become a complete and utter' date=' thug4lyfe bandit (-102,000 humanity).

[/quote']

Yea Co-op is gone. Welcome to anarchy where no-one trusts no-one and everyones a legitimate target.

Humanity will still play a role and tbh, rockets hinting and wordplay tells me it may very well be a decent roll but thats pure guesswork. Regardless I will be doing my bit to properly test this alpha by NOT acting like a bandit and seeing how the systems change works.

Currently I treat everyone with paranoia anyway. That hasn't stopped me making a few friends though.

I think it may add to the gameplay if one's humanity was visible to other players, when pointing aim.

I do not agree, in real life you can't see if a person is "good" or "bad". You either trust them or have another source for that (a source that is potentially wrong or distorted).

That's why I like the removal of the bandit skin.

I do not agree' date=' in real life you can't see if a person is "good" or "bad". You either trust them or have another source for that (a source that is potentially wrong or distorted).

That's why I like the removal of the bandit skin.

[/quote']

In real life you also have many more options for how to get informed and how to interact with others. The game will never provide that number of options. So, a convention here may be suitable.

Good thing. Found it kinda crappy a bandit gets good camo and as survivor you have not so good camo that makes you stick out.