rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

Will you put a skin of the old bandit skin? It was a pretty bad ass.

Thats the default skin, someone would have found camo/ghillie skin and turfed their civilian clothing.

The colour of the default skin is randomised on login I believe.

Oh so I now have the clothes of another player lol, because my shirt wasn't black :P

I'm glad the bandit skins have been removed because of killing someone but I would really like to see different skins. The starter skins "the survivor" skin is horrid. Your going for realism, we star with basically nothing, which is cool but if your going down that road then why do we start out with a tactual vest and shit? Wouldn't make more sense if we had like normal clothing? T-shirt and jeans or something along those lines? I know the skins are in arma, please replace the survivor skins to something more practical. I would also would like to see more skins other then JUST Camo and gillie, arma has a wide supply of different skins.

Where do you even find different clothing items i.e. ghillie suit and camo.

I am glad that transition was removed. it helps with the realism.

right now you dont. They exist in the game but dont spawn anymore

bandit skins come back!

any kind of fool could seeee

Rocket was wrong

and we just cant live without them

bandit skins come back

I just want Rocket to kno-oh

I can't identify a bandit

through my scope.

- can't remember if Player or Pilot wrote the tune?

Rocket, what ever happened to the skins and skin customization you were going to implement? I assume it was just put on the backburner for bug fixes and stability stuff.

Would be awesome to have somewhat selectable skins. The MASSIVE tactical vest with only a few pouches is kind of irritating, it's like the tactical version of granny panties. Need something a bit more modern, or configurable. Plus, the ballcaps that are on the current characters don't ever match, save with the black getup.

I always believed the bandit skin helped reduce people killing other people on sight, because they could identify if someone was a bandit at a distance. No one is ever going to get close enough to hear a heartbeat, especially over the sound of gunfire. Scars on the face? Blood on hands? Again the same issue. You are going to shoot them before they get close enough for you to notice.

Hell you could just change the original survivor/camo/ghilie clothes so that they are a maroon red or are covered in died (or wet) blood so that people can see from a decent distance whether somebody is a bandit or not.

Dont understand why having no bandit skin (if they are implemented) proove you're not agressive.

Oo

Guys, like I said:

"... humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. "

I'm not removing humanity, I'm removing the skins being based on that. So that we can have findable skins. Humanity is the hero. ... ahem... feature we deserve but, well, not the one we need right now. So it will stay, but silent.

You say that yet now the game has been "Ruined" in many peoples eyes because of just shoot on sight aspects you may say its something it does not need right now many others will say otherwise, while of course you have the final say on your mod it may be smart to listen to the communitie's opinion and no the "I WAS KILLED ON SIGHT I WAS FRIENDLY SKALJKJADJALSD" I mean the actual players of this game the ones who have seen it grow and become bigger.

As the title said, the Bandit/Survivor morphing will be removed. You will find skins around the world, that you can wear if you choose. Humanity will be retained for an undisclosed purpose.

Because humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll remove bandit transitions, because its not helping. Because its not a good feature. Humanity remains as a silent guardian, watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature.

Please abuse/fanboy below so I can feast on your delicious tears...

Whatever man. Stupid as hell decision. That skin is one of the things that brought so many of us to this game after seeing them in videos on YouTube, etc.

Edited by marik

The bandit skin was such an elegant idea. It's really too bad it was removed, the descent into total death-match has been rather disappointing. We've lost a lot of the interesting role-play from the mod.

I never played with the bandit skins enabled but I will admit that the shoot on sight mentality is something I don't like. I have tried countless times to give fellow people surplus meds or ammo. (just a bandage or extra clip) Just to get shot.

• Like 1

I've tried really hard not to kos but after being burned so many times it's hard not to kill every person you see. I miss running into a friendly person, I remember my first spawn and runnin to a flare and ended up teaming up with a random person for a few hours. That is gone, a thing of the pass, it's either shoot first or spawn at the coast now.

I'm glad the bandit skins have been removed because of killing someone but I would really like to see different skins. The starter skins "the survivor" skin is horrid. Your going for realism, we star with basically nothing, which is cool but if your going down that road then why do we start out with a tactual vest and shit? Wouldn't make more sense if we had like normal clothing? T-shirt and jeans or something along those lines? I know the skins are in arma, please replace the survivor skins to something more practical. I would also would like to see more skins other then JUST Camo and gillie, arma has a wide supply of different skins.

LOL. Funny how there are so many fucking bugs and people are discussing about clothes.

LOL. Funny how there are so many fucking bugs and people are discussing about clothes.

it's funny how we get useless bear traps that are buggy as hell, so why not give new looks and forget about the bugs? Haha

To all the people saying the bandit skin would help the deathmatching, obviously have forgotten that it was still there with the bandit skins, or just wasn't around at all.

And second, the skins did nothing of telling intentions. People killing in self defence was made "bandits" so they were a KoS target simply because some other SURVIVOR skinned dude was unable to hit first, and someone else bested him, but only to become a wrongfull bandit.

I was around that time, and I never once were killed by a guy in a bandit skin. I befriended 2 in bandit skin, and was killed ALLOT by people in survivor skins.

Can't trust anyone without bandit skins? Well a "fake" intentioned pulled skin, doesn't help that eighter. If you are sick of getting killed by other survivors, the bandit skins would NOT have helped you.

It's the equivelant of getting shot by someone saying "FRIENDLY!" to you.

Old bandit system was much better.

There were at last some degree of trust between fellow survivors. Of course you can still be back stabbed by a bandit wannabe or some greedy bastard but when you see survivor at last you now that he isn't a serial player killer.

Bandits can kill everyone but they bear mark of their doing - which was good. There was a risk in banditry and risk in murders.

The only minus was a selfdefence banditry but still if you go to the woods for some time you will be back to fellow survivors fast.

It was really simple method - similar to other MMOs with open PvP - just flag player killer and make him free target for a other players.

It worked before in other games and it worked here.

In simple words it discourage banditry between fellow survivors.

It also let form a groups more easily also it make possible to establish a some sort of open camps or settlements.

It was also some sort of dynamic faction system. Pretty nice if I can tell.

Guys who kills for fun will still kill with no problem but at last other players will shoot less.

Bring it back Rocket. Pretty please.

• Like 2

Whatever man. Stupid as hell decision. That skin is one of the things that brought so many of us to this game after seeing them in videos on YouTube, etc.

Did you play when the bandit-morphing was in the game? The reason it was pulled out was because it didn't work.

Whenever a "bandit player" died, they'd respawn with a makarov and a clean survivor skin -- they'd then run up to the first "friend" that they see and murder them. That "friend" has no way of knowing that they're a bandit. Same goes for the next 4 victims. Eventually, after their killing-spree, they're put in a "bandit" skin, but are probably already geared up with a long-range weapon....

Meanwhile, you play as the good survivor who never shoots first... However, other "survivors" keep trying to kill you with their makarovs, and you return fire and defend yourself. After fighting off 5 bandits, and feeling like a real bad-ass survivor, your good survival skills are rewarded by you wrongfully being put in a "bandit" skin!

It did nothing to stop KOS behaviour -- you still couldn't trust people in the "survivor" skin. All it did was punish players who had survived a long time by (rightly or wrongly) making them a target.

The morality/bandit system is still in the game (just pretty useless without the skin changing), so it's pretty safe to guess that Rocket will bring it (or a faction system) back into the game once he's figured out one that's less broken than the original.

Edited by ActionMan

I'm playing DayZ way before bandit skins were removed. My opinion? The game was way more enjoyable back then.

This, im missing so much approaching other survivors to help (even if i don't need anything myself...), i tried .. and i have been killed each time, feeling an idiot. In the back those moment you encountered chaps with surivor skins were the most enjoying part; and when you were used to meet a bandit or just hiding by another in the forest were exciting moments as well. I'm not sure why we are waiting so much to (re)introduce the bandit skin or an alternate method (hearth beats doesn't work at all).

• Like 1

Been keeping a eye on this for a while, not much to say on whether the decision was right or wrong... Though I like that the ability to customize the character a bit was able to be implemented.

With what has been said about the humanity still being tracked, and a future use of it..

I can't help but think of the possibility of if/when the feature is re-implemented of people being upset at how bad they've gotten their humanity in the meantime...

I just want different skins. No specific bandit or jeebus skins, just generally random different clothes, camos and such. I really like the skin bandits used to have, it was before my time and its a shame we cant have those anymore.

I'm playing DayZ way before bandit skins were removed. My opinion? The game was way more enjoyable back then.

I was an avid supporter of removing bandit skins back in the day

Now? I want them back. The game is honestly going to hell without them