rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

I joined after this feature was removed. Sounded like it would have had been a pretty cool game aspect. Why was it removed?

I joined after this feature was removed. Sounded like it would have had been a pretty cool game aspect. Why was it removed?

Because it didn't work properly and ended up punishing players who defended themselves more often than it punished bandits. I got a bandit skin on numerous occasions after defending myself from survivors trying to kill me.

Because it didn't work properly and ended up punishing players who defended themselves more often than it punished bandits. I got a bandit skin on numerous occasions after defending myself from survivors trying to kill me.

False, since it was extremely easy to recover your humanity (and skin) if you just killed a couple by error or in self defense. The ones in trouble were only those bandits that have mass murdered or liked to play only for killing without a reason (deathmatch) pretending to not "pay" for it. I am a bandit and i admit the truth, since this is getting really really boring now and the game has so much potential that i wouldn't seen it ruined like this.

Fix the admin commands, cuz people are abusing the shit out of them porting people into 1 spot for a killing spree

Those aren't admin commands, those are hackers.

All admins can do is kick, ban and restart the server, people need to realise this.

No one really knows. Rocket's post is ambiguous and vague. Probably because increasing the PvP activity conceals the lack of content.

But your guess is as good as anyones.

False, since it was extremely easy to recover your humanity (and skin) if you just killed a couple by error or in self defense. The ones in trouble were only those bandits that have mass murdered or liked to play only for killing without a reason (deathmatch) pretending to not "pay" for it. I am a bandit and i admit the truth, since this is getting really really boring now and the game has so much potential that i wouldn't seen it ruined like this.

It didn't punish the real bandits because the real bandits didn't give a shit either way. They just shot everyone on sight.

Only reason I kept killing people back then was to keep my amazing-looking bandit skin.

Edited by Zoop

I for one miss bandit skins and argued strongly against the removal.

I still cant think of a better solution to the inevitable invasion of griefers into pvp games (you simply cant change this communities which pwn carebears since UO times).

that said ,since I found out about private hubs I ask myself if it would be possible to run one with bandit skin.

I´ll appreciate if someone can answer this question.

Edited by Knollte

No one really knows. Rocket's post is ambiguous and vague. Probably because increasing the PvP activity conceals the lack of content.

But your guess is as good as anyones.

removed because people who killed in self-defense were labeled bandits, and then killed on sight for being a bandit...even though they really weren't.

This game needs something that determines who is who as it is just a TDM game comprised of 1v1 3v3 5v5 no one even bothers trying to help new players they just think there fucking a leet bandit codz

This game needs something that determines who is who as it is just a TDM game comprised of 1v1 3v3 5v5 no one even bothers trying to help new players they just think there fucking a leet bandit codz

Someone is butthurt.

I was kinda surprised when I noticed that the heartbeat thing is preserved from character to another. What if I want to play one character as a ruthless bandit and the next one as an all-friendly medic?

I was kinda surprised when I noticed that the heartbeat thing is preserved from character to another. What if I want to play one character as a ruthless bandit and the next one as an all-friendly medic?

There's no multiple character supports in DayZ. If you want multiple chars, you need multiple CD-KEYS (OA).

There's no multiple character supports in DayZ. If you want multiple chars, you need multiple CD-KEYS (OA).

I think he means once he dies....

If it's permadeath, surely it makes sense for the humanity to reset too?

• Like 2

I think he means once he dies....

If it's permadeath, surely it makes sense for the humanity to reset too?

Yeah, that was my point.

Yeah, that was my point.

NO.

Humanity always were permanent .

It make sense.

If you behave like jerk backstab other players kills them for beans when you die and it is easy to die in DayZ your karma follow you.

Reset on death were to easy way out.

It is your humanity level not your character.

That was the whole humanity point.

Edited.

Edited by Sarissofoi
  • Like 1

NO.

Humanity always were permanent .

It make sense.

If you behave like jerk backstab other players kills them for beans when you die and it is easy to die in DayZ your karma follow you.

that was the whole humanity point.

Best. Argument. Ever.

The only bad thing about this was that the awesome bandit skin got removed. It should be brought back as a type of Camo Clothing. Would be awesome. Since I am german I love that skin :) Our KSK.

• Like 1

Bring back the Bandit Skin for distinction purposes.

I dont want to have to deal with all the bullshit that comes with there not being one.

The good outweighs the bad when it comes to this idea and I think it deserves a comeback, that is until you, rocket flesh out the whole skin(s) concept.

• Like 4

The longer I play this game without bandit skins, the more I want them back

I agree with this statement and hope something is done to allow more submersion into the world that is DayZ on chernarus.

I mean it would be cool to find a bunch of different outfits etc to personalize YOURSELF from all the others rather then random starting clothing and every woman looking the same >_<

I know females were added in after the fact but damn, show so love for the women?

Low cut shits, booty shorts, ya know the norm? :P j/k j/k

I'm really wondering if the devs even read this thread anymore. I'm starting to get desperate. This mod needs bandit skins more than ever. The pros of a bandit skin out weigh the cons; before, killing in self defense labeled you temporarily as a bandit, and you would typically be killed on sight. Yeah that'd suck for a bit, but in the current state of the game, we might as well ALL have bandit skins on, there's no "benefit of the doubt" anymore with most people. We need them back if this mod is gonna survive as a zombie game.

Ummmm long gone. Not coming back. Surprised people are still posting about this. Lmao deal with it, it's the same for everyone!

Ummmm long gone. Not coming back. Surprised people are still posting about this. Lmao deal with it, it's the same for everyone!

We're still in alpha, who says it won't make a coneback?