TractorFiend

L85A2 gone, snipers will reign supreme

For a game that isn't supposed to have balancing' date=' Rocket sure loves buffing snipers. It isn't about balance, it's simply about facing a sniper being such a binary system. People open up with "well if you are fighting a sniper"

You don't fight a sniper, you don't see one, you can't plan for one, and you can't find one. You die, one shot, every time, while they sit up somewhere in perfect safety. They can log in and shoot you, log out and find another server, rinse and repeat. They don't have to worry about missing, or pulling zombies, and they're completely self-sufficient, whereas the survivor can't do so much as cough without dying. If there is a sniper, you are dead and they are perfectly safe. The only way to "outplay" a sniper is to simply never go near any form of civilization, and I can play THE ARMORY for that.

I've been saying for years that snipers ruin FPS games, and at the end of the day my argument has been proven right every time. Games with them become all about sniper warfare. It's impossible to force people into a middle ground unless it's constant close quarters (ala Call of Duty) or there are vehicles (Battlefield) and even then, mass snipers becomes a chronic problem. (Strike at Kharkand, bridges down, line of 30 snipers)

Get rid of scopes, ditch the NVGs, and watch DayZ become fun again. That's not balancing, that's a gameplay shift. If someone kills with an Enfield, rock on dude, but an AS50 as 800m? Why? If long range sniping and killing people without fear of being shot at is what you want, there's Sniper: Ghost Warrior for that.

It's time the sniper rifle left the FPS, and if DayZ is going to become the WoW of FPS games (talking about popularity/everyone comparing to it) then this is vital to gameplay. Think about it: If Rogues could one shot kill everyone at long range and be able to vanish easily, would anyone on WoW play a Paladin?

[/quote']

I could say the exact same thing about some asshole camping in a bush with thermal wall-hacks and blasting the guy that has no idea he's glowing white.

lol @ people feeling proud because of a bug

Good thing it's being fixed' date=' they exist so why shouldn't they exist in a post-apoc military zone?

[/quote']

Yeah, and we should let hackers keep nuking the servers. Hell give us our own nukes.. They exist in real life, they should exist in the game too.

Also maybe people didn't read the whole topic and don't know its a bug, I didn't until someone pointed it out back on page 3 or 4. Anyway I will go back to leaving this thread alone because I'm not going to just bitch about the game like everyone else. I might pop back in to comment of a few other stupid posts.

lol @ people feeling proud because of a bug

Good thing it's being fixed' date=' they exist so why shouldn't they exist in a post-apoc military zone?

[/quote']

Yeah, and we should let hackers keep nuking the servers. Hell give us our own nukes.. They exist in real life, they should exist in the game too.

Also maybe people didn't read the whole topic and don't know its a bug, I didn't until someone pointed it out back on page 3 or 4. Anyway I will go back to leaving this thread alone because I'm not going to just bitch about the game like everyone else. I might pop back in to comment of a few other stupid posts.

Yes because its totally possible to make 225(255?) sq km of life die instantly by only executing some code.

try again pls this is fun

I strongly agree with Virfortis, snipers should be removed. Hell, why not make DC'ing leave your character persistant for 10 minutes. And if you legitamatly abort, you'll be prompted to be able to stay stationary with your character is being DC'ed. Also, when you log out, have a wait of 15 minutes to be able to log back in.

• Like 1

Sniping, Thermal, NVGs, all of them kill the concept and atmosphere of survival. If this is supposed to be an anti-game focused on immersion, or something that makes players think/feel, they why are these things in here?

Seriously rocket, if you're trying to invoke some higher level of thought, or prove some grand point we didn't already know (people online are bullies, sniping ruins FPS games, PvP kills community, we know all this) then why all this?

I strongly agree with Virfortis' date=' snipers should be removed. Hell, why not make DC'ing leave your character persistant for 10 minutes. And if you legitamatly abort, you'll be prompted to be able to stay stationary with your character is being DC'ed. Also, when you log out, have a wait of 15 minutes to be able to log back in.

[/quote']

Sleeping bag, toolbelt item, 20 second animation (borrow from campfire) and then the server kicks you out/you can abort and your character dissapears.

If someone is being shot at, they won't have 20 seconds to setup, but if they hear someone they can easily cancel the animation get back to being gun-ready.

It always makes me laugh when people moan and cry when in reality' date=' it's their own stupidity, ignorance, lack of motivation to learn or a combination of all 3.

Get a feel for the guns and tactical movements. It will seriously improve your game and your survivability. But I guess that that is the plight of the internet, fuckwits cry and whinge when there are simple ways to learn and get better.

[/quote']

No, the plight of the internet is knee-jerk elitism, followed closely by blind assumptions (mad cause u bad) over analytical data.

The Armory teaches little else besides shooting. In DayZ, there are no anti-sniper tactics OTHER than simply not playing. Scanning and even checking the treeline is useless, as they can easily just setup/log-in behind you. In reality? Sure there are military tactics for finding and seeing snipers because they can't DC once they get bored, or you could use smoke as cover and advance, but DayZ restricts, constrains, and disempowers anyone without a scope. That's why it needs to go, years of FPS gaming has taught me just how easy sniping is, even this fake "realistic" sniping in DayZ.

The fact of the matter is however, that most players who are playing DayZ, are extremely new to the ArmA engine and their only experience with the ArmA engine is DayZ itself.

I laughed at the bit where you mentioned assuming things then went on to talk about military tactics. I'm pretty sure that I said "tactical movements". As in, you know, not moving predictably (e.g. running in a straight line), not bunching up when you move, bounding from tree to tree or cover to cover.

Also, it's easy to know when someone has logged out. Just fucking relocate yourself. Fuck... honestly.

My first experience with the ArmA engine was with DayZ and I soon after joined an ArmA realism clan and used the armoury/missions and now I am significantly better in DayZ and survive for much, much longer.

Restrains people without a scope... lol... if you can't hit people with iron sights then a military sim like ArmA really isn't the game for you. Years of FPS experience. trololol

Scanning the treeline is useless? Yeh..............

nah.

Hopefully all thermal will be removed' date=' and NVGs after that until a better loot spawn system is made.

[/quote']

Surely you're joking about the NVGs.

I don't see the point in NVGs when batteries would have run dry.

Sniping' date=' Thermal, NVGs, all of them kill the concept and atmosphere of survival. If this is supposed to be an anti-game focused on immersion, or something that makes players think/feel, they why are these things in here?

Seriously rocket, if you're trying to invoke some higher level of thought, or prove some grand point we didn't already know (people online are bullies, sniping ruins FPS games, PvP kills community, we know all this) then why all this?

I strongly agree with Virfortis, snipers should be removed. Hell, why not make DC'ing leave your character persistant for 10 minutes. And if you legitamatly abort, you'll be prompted to be able to stay stationary with your character is being DC'ed. Also, when you log out, have a wait of 15 minutes to be able to log back in.

Sleeping bag, toolbelt item, 20 second animation (borrow from campfire) and then the server kicks you out/you can abort and your character dissapears.

If someone is being shot at, they won't have 20 seconds to setup, but if they hear someone they can easily cancel the animation get back to being gun-ready.

You are flat out retarded. Part of survival IS surviving other players. You really think that people wouldn't kill each other if there was a zombie apocalypse?

TL;DR Deal with it noob

^ Nail on the head. You are just horrible at ArmA in general Virfortis.

You can have no snipers in FaggotZ, but I'll stick to DayZ kthx.

And actually, it's a role playing game. It is focused on surviving, not immersion. You get the immersion through how you play.

Sniping ruins FPS games. Jesus christ lol. Use your "years of gaming experience" to understand how fucking retarded that sounds. "People online are bullies". Sounds like you are just one of those but hurt carebears.

I like to survive and to also bandit it up every known and then. You just need to improve your play style.

It's clear that ArmA isn't a game that is mechanically suited to you.

"Snipers ruin FPS games". Fuck, I just can't get over that. Unbelievably hilarious. Idiot.

• Like 1

^ Nail on the head. You are just horrible at ArmA in general Virfortis.

You can have no snipers in FaggotZ' date=' but I'll stick to DayZ kthx.

And actually, it's a role playing game. It is focused on surviving, not immersion. You get the immersion through how you play.

Sniping ruins FPS games. Jesus christ lol. Use your "years of gaming experience" to understand how fucking retarded that sounds. "People online are bullies". Sounds like you are just one of those but hurt carebears.

I like to survive and to also bandit it up every known and then. You just need to improve your play style.

It's clear that ArmA isn't a game that is mechanically suited to you.

"Snipers ruin FPS games". Fuck, I just can't get over that. Unbelievably hilarious. Idiot.

[/quote']

I couldn't have said it better myself nihilistic.

He says...

(people online are bullies, sniping ruins FPS games, PvP kills community, we know all this)

If you don't like getting bullied, get off the internet and go hit the gym. Snipers ruin FPS? I have played counter-strike for 10+ years now, and you always get those scrubs in public servers that cry about the awp(sniper) saying its too easy, overpowered, etc... What does everyone say? Don't like it? DON'T PLAY. PvP strengthens communities, how? It points out all the carebears crying about the game. Doing that is not going to make it anymore fun, and nobody wants to hear it. Change your play style, adapt to the situation, learn to overcome. Too hard for you? Well maybe a board game would better suit you.

• Like 1

Of course, because the internet is all about being the biggiest dick in the room, right?

Never mind the fact that I've gone without dying for 3 weeks straight, nevermind the fact that I've been playing (under other names) in FPS games for well over a decade, doing reasonably well in any given scenario. Nevermind the fact that I've watched games get drained because people forget it's all a game. Nevermind the fact that I frequent the gym, get involved in college LAN parties, and work for charity groups on a constant basis.

I'm not a big enough dick for you guys, so you all hate on me. To put it bluntly, the tears are delicious. I'm not a douchebag to people on the internet, and I can see that DayZ is nothing short of a casual singleplayer experience outside of the major cities. I adapt to a lot of situations constantly, like not playing at night because it's unrealistically dark, or living out in the middle of nowhere because that's the only way to avoid sniping. Or hey, not going into cities, I do that a lot.

But nope, I'm not some high school flunk looking for kicks without having to pay fines. I don't lurk in forums ready to post "ur an idiot" at everything that doesn't agree with me. I'm a damn decent human being that knows how to act in public. The crybabies might not be good at the game, but they sure as hell are more respectful than the assholes in this elitist based community. I give decent posts on things where there IS no right answer, and instead of a rebuttal I'm met with cyberbulling and gay jokes. I'm sick of the "L2P noob" bullshit because I AM PLAYING. I'm surviving, I'm just sick of playing a singleplayer game because getting within scope distance of a player results in nothing more than ANOTHER sniper camping noob. Just like every other pathetic cash-cow FPS.

I overcome the challenges and even then I see it's a stupid endeavor. DayZ is built for so much more than you PvP loving griefers will ever give it, and you know what? I've been saying this, and so far I've been right on all accounts. I'm not looking to sing kumbaiyah, nobody is, but the "this game is perfect! everyone kills everyone! learn to play noob! tears are delicious! go back to WoW!" bullshit is why we're supposed to have moderators that jump in and make people act like decent humans.

• Like 1

You're the first person I've ever seen that has the very same view on snipers in FPS as I do

+1 internets for you, good sir

I agree to and extent. Sniper rifles do ruin fps games. But, in a game like this, they can still allow them to exsist; just make them extremely rare. Emphasis on extremely.

Of course, because the internet is all about being the biggiest dick in the room, right?

Never mind the fact that I've gone without dying for 3 weeks straight, nevermind the fact that I've been playing (under other names) in FPS games for well over a decade, doing reasonably well in any given scenario. Nevermind the fact that I've watched games get drained because people forget it's all a game. Nevermind the fact that I frequent the gym, get involved in college LAN parties, and work for charity groups on a constant basis.

I'm not a big enough dick for you guys, so you all hate on me. To put it bluntly, the tears are delicious. I'm not a douchebag to people on the internet, and I can see that DayZ is nothing short of a casual singleplayer experience outside of the major cities. I adapt to a lot of situations constantly, like not playing at night because it's unrealistically dark, or living out in the middle of nowhere because that's the only way to avoid sniping. Or hey, not going into cities, I do that a lot.

But nope, I'm not some high school flunk looking for kicks without having to pay fines. I don't lurk in forums ready to post "ur an idiot" at everything that doesn't agree with me. I'm a damn decent human being that knows how to act in public. The crybabies might not be good at the game, but they sure as hell are more respectful than the assholes in this elitist based community. I give decent posts on things where there IS no right answer, and instead of a rebuttal I'm met with cyberbulling and gay jokes. I'm sick of the "L2P noob" bullshit because I AM PLAYING. I'm surviving, I'm just sick of playing a singleplayer game because getting within scope distance of a player results in nothing more than ANOTHER sniper camping noob. Just like every other pathetic cash-cow FPS.

I overcome the challenges and even then I see it's a stupid endeavor. DayZ is built for so much more than you PvP loving griefers will ever give it, and you know what? I've been saying this, and so far I've been right on all accounts. I'm not looking to sing kumbaiyah, nobody is, but the "this game is perfect! everyone kills everyone! learn to play noob! tears are delicious! go back to WoW!" bullshit is why we're supposed to have moderators that jump in and make people act like decent humans.

Sigh... you are really, really close minded. Half your shit post isn't even relevant to the topic. I liked the bit though where you talk about "elitist based community". You do realise that in you saying that people should only be playing DayZ in the way that you describe, you are being elitist? The game doesn't revolve around you mate. It's a fucking zombie apocalypse... Why do you act as if you fully understand the human psychology in a crisis such as it? If you truly are playing the game for the immersion, then you should play to adapt to an ever changing environment. Because that's what chernarussia is, an ever changing environment. From a role playing or immersion standpoint, you have no idea what man is becoming in such a world. Stop acting like you do. If you aren't playing for this type of immersion then I don't know why you are even bothering to post, because you would be clearly retarded. People buy the game and play it in their own way. You want to actively prevent them from doing that.

Think your posts through. Your are just a whining idiot.

Edited by nihilistic

Hopefully all thermal will be removed, and NVGs after that until a better loot spawn system is made.

Getting rid of NVG's would be bloody retarded. How would anyone play during a pitch black night? Wear a chemlight? Yeah sure, lets all just be walking light bulbs.

Sigh... you are really, really close minded. Half your shit post isn't even relevant to the topic. I liked the bit though where you talk about "elitist based community". You do realise that in you saying that people should only be playing DayZ in the way that you describe, you are being elitist? The game doesn't revolve around you mate. It's a fucking zombie apocalypse... Why do you act as if you fully understand the human psychology in a crisis such as it? If you truly are playing the game for the immersion, then you should play to adapt to an ever changing environment. Because that's what chernarussia is, an ever changing environment. From a role playing or immersion standpoint, you have no idea what man is becoming in such a world. Stop acting like you do. If you aren't playing for this type of immersion then I don't know why you are even bothering to post, because you would be clearly retarded. People buy the game and play it in their own way. You want to actively prevent them from doing that.

Think your posts through. Your are just a whining idiot.

I'd rather be closed minded and focused on building a better game, than be so open minded my brains fall out while I cite "you can play my way and my way only" all the time. You say I don't know how things would turn out in an apocalypse, but anyone with some cultural insight would know good and well that it wouldn't be a mass KoS system that we have now. You're telling me that the only immersion in DayZ is mindless PvP, and everyone else is "clearly retarded." You and everyone like you are forcing the "kill everyone, you have a gun" mentality down my throat and I'm not just choking it down like everyone else.

No, your problem is that I'm not enough of a prick to accept that there is nothing more than PvP.

I don't care if someone kills for better gear, but this mindless killing for imaginary points is the hallmark of every other FPS out there. I say we break the mold and immediately everyone hates me. That's fine, that's part of the whole being different thing.

Getting rid of NVG's would be bloody retarded. How would anyone play during a pitch black night? Wear a chemlight? Yeah sure, lets all just be walking light bulbs.

And yet, if someone complains the night is too dark, the general consensus is to do just that.

Edited by Virfortis

Wow, and I thought this game couldn't get any more fucked up, I've seen some retarded developers, but shit I think you might be top on that list.

You know your game is broken, and glitched, and abused in many ways, yet you persist on adding new features, as opposed to fixing the shit issues that plague it immediately, think of yourself in another job, such as architect...if you lay a cement base for a house, and notice cracks, do you continue building? No, ultimately it will FUCK THE REST OF YOUR JOB UP, so why don't you just fix the shit you need to fix now and THEN continue adding/removing/fucking everything up, cause my brother and I have sat here trying to play this game with at least 3 glitches a night, for weeks, I was running through the countryside, I stumbled onto 4 characters, I point it out to my brother, they didn't move at all, then I realize the fuckers aren't really there, I go over and loot them, while they're standing there, I'm curious if they lost all their shit.

Also my brother got killed and he was pissed so he respawns

HE RESPAWNS BACK TO HIS OLD LIFE, and his fucking dead body is there and he starts taking more of his clips from his corpse LOL

Oh and I must have been killed by debug/hackers uhhh 7 times? As well as the obligatory "my character climbs a ladder, and turns around" so I press Z, he runs forward and dives....why? like, really, why?

Major zombie shit, why are zombies like, fuckin raptor vision in town, but outside I can run past one 20 meters away and he just stares at me, I go in town and crouch walk past a zombie 40 meters away and he's facing the other direction (NO EXAGGERATION) He starts breathing heavy and charging me.

Also with zombies, why the fuck do they run so fast, stop, run again, etc. I mean, I prefer slow masses of zombies, but I'm not a dick about that, but these zombies run faster than any human on earth seriously. As well as, I stand there swinging a crowbar at point blank, and it takes me 6 swings to connect with one zombie, completely. fucking. still. Is my guy mentally challenged?

Seriously, this game has the best fucking potential and concept, but it is just so SHITTILY executed, as well as the developer listening to all the butthurt cunts bitch about simple game design and calling them flaws, the guns were in the original game, and they were brought over, what the fuck is so hard to understand about that? My only problem with ghillie suits is I can't strip the fucker when I kill him, THAT is a flaw you should fix rocket, now hopefully I don't get banned for voicing my opinion so firmly, I know a lot of boards can be pussies about that shit.

Edited by Timendo

Sorry, but there is no reason for these types of weapons to be in this game. I have not logged in yet, but I know when I do, my L85 will be gone. Oh well. If NVG's would ever be removed, think how interesting the dynamics would be if we ALL had to rely on a light source to get around. That would be amazing IMHO.

+100000000000000,2

• Like 1

flares and flash lights just like everyone who doesn't have NVGs now?

Never once has Rocket said he wants this game to be balanced

Wow, and I thought this game couldn't get any more fucked up, I've seen some retarded developers, but shit I think you might be top on that list.

You know your game is broken, and glitched, and abused in many ways, yet you persist on adding new features, as opposed to fixing the shit issues that plague it immediately, think of yourself in another job, such as architect...if you lay a cement base for a house, and notice cracks, do you continue building? No, ultimately it will FUCK THE REST OF YOUR JOB UP, so why don't you just fix the shit you need to fix now and THEN continue adding/removing/fucking everything up, cause my brother and I have sat here trying to play this game with at least 3 glitches a night, for weeks, I was running through the countryside, I stumbled onto 4 characters, I point it out to my brother, they didn't move at all, then I realize the fuckers aren't really there, I go over and loot them, while they're standing there, I'm curious if they lost all their shit.

Also my brother got killed and he was pissed so he respawns

HE RESPAWNS BACK TO HIS OLD LIFE, and his fucking dead body is there and he starts taking more of his clips from his corpse LOL

Oh and I must have been killed by debug/hackers uhhh 7 times? As well as the obligatory "my character climbs a ladder, and turns around" so I press Z, he runs forward and dives....why? like, really, why?

Major zombie shit, why are zombies like, fuckin raptor vision in town, but outside I can run past one 20 meters away and he just stares at me, I go in town and crouch walk past a zombie 40 meters away and he's facing the other direction (NO EXAGGERATION) He starts breathing heavy and charging me.

Also with zombies, why the fuck do they run so fast, stop, run again, etc. I mean, I prefer slow masses of zombies, but I'm not a dick about that, but these zombies run faster than any human on earth seriously. As well as, I stand there swinging a crowbar at point blank, and it takes me 6 swings to connect with one zombie, completely. fucking. still. Is my guy mentally challenged?

Seriously, this game has the best fucking potential and concept, but it is just so SHITTILY executed, as well as the developer listening to all the butthurt cunts bitch about simple game design and calling them flaws, the guns were in the original game, and they were brought over, what the fuck is so hard to understand about that? My only problem with ghillie suits is I can't strip the fucker when I kill him, THAT is a flaw you should fix rocket, now hopefully I don't get banned for voicing my opinion so firmly, I know a lot of boards can be pussies about that shit.

Dude......chill the hell out. It's a FREE mod for an already existing game. You would have a legitimate reason to bitch so blatently if you had to pay for the mod DayZ. Trust me, I would too if I had to pay. But in the end, it's FREE. It's ALPHA. It's still just a "baby". It has alot of room to grow.

Never once has Rocket said he wants this game to be balanced

This may be so, yet a lot of the current features are there with balance in mind IMO. Spawing everyone near the coast, the current vehicle selection, the way the weapon spawns are setup, rarity of various items, etc.

the title is funny, because it was mostly the snipers using the thermal scope to see where new spawned players pop up...

Thermal is the perfect backup weapon for a sniper, it's like playing on a server with nametags enabled.

Just scan the treeline, switch to AS50 and no skill required.

I'll enjoy free AWS free days and pray it wont return.