FrostDMG

L85A2 disabled? Reaaaly? DICE?

This entire thread is filled with trolls. All you guys are doing is crying about a gun that you guys can't find for yourself. Stop crying and find yourself a crashed helo or stop being retards and play it smart when you go to a high teir loot place. I can't tell you how many times i'v seen a l85 on a chopper and just leave it. Bottom line, play smarter or don't play.

Yeah don't worry' date=' you fags will bitch again soon enough, and then trees will be nerfed because 'it's too hard waaaaah, people aren't allowed to hide from me! it's unbalanced! waaaaahhhh'....

ITT: biggest babies ever.

[/quote']

Oh, so let's show how mature you are - oh wait, you opened up your sentence by calling people who agree with me "fags". Ok well done.

I am not asking for nerfing of anything, the L85 was a good counter as it was before it got taken out. Read what's in front of you before blindly raging next time please.

Yeah don't worry' date=' you fags will bitch again soon enough, and then trees will be nerfed because 'it's too hard waaaaah, people aren't allowed to hide from me! it's unbalanced! waaaaahhhh'....

[/quote']

Butthurt much? Oh noes, I have to actually look for people now. Grow a pair. You're just crying because an advantage you once have, you no longer have. Any arguement that its the only defense against snipers is redered invalid by the fact that they lost the ability as well, unless you are running in a open field. You're probably pissed as well that vehicles can no longer be parked outside of the map area. I for one am happy that the mods are shitting all over your safety net of thermal vision.

It wasnt a safety net. Played with it for a DAY. I spotted 1 sniper with it which saved my squad but fuck that. You sound like someone who pvps for grief not loot

Why do people think they need some kind of god like detection tool against snipers?

Does one really exist in real life?

Sure there is thermal vision, but those i've seen, cant really go beyond 200 meters.

That gun was pretty much just some sort of unfair balancing against snipers.

Even worse really, was it when used WITH a sniper.

In real life, you can pretty much home build a gillie suit, and if you then hide in tall grass with it, people can almost step on you before they even notice, but because of bugs or engine limitations, hiding in grass in this game seems futile.. since everyone from 100 meters away will just see some moron in the middle of a field, not someone in the grass.

Also hiding up against a tree is also very possible.

What are you people doing since you get caught so much out in the open that you need godvision 2000 to protect yourself?!

I lost my gun as well.

Had it for a few weeks.

Its unfortunate that they didn't mention it in the patch details (during the last few days I have passed many nice rifles).

Nice to see that rocket tries to balance things out and try new stuffs.

Heard some rumors about 2 new guns and 1 new melee weapon..

Now I have a reason to go out on a mission to find a new gun, and a bear trap! :rolleyes:

I lost my gone as well.

Had it for a few weeks.

Its unfortunate that they didn't mention it in the patch details (during the last few days I have passed many nice rifles).

Nice to see that rocket tries to balance things out and try new stuffs.

Heard some rumors about 2 new guns and 1 new melee weapon..

Now I have a reason to go out on a mission to find a new gun' date=' and a bear trap! :rolleyes:

[/quote']

thanks for the info dude! Can't wait! I'm really excited about the two new weapons :D

Not that big of a problem losing it, but mentioning something in the patch notes would be nice, don't you think?

It wasnt a safety net. Played with it for a DAY. I spotted 1 sniper with it which saved my squad but fuck that. You sound like someone who pvps for grief not loot

How is thermal not a safety net. How does it not put you on an uneven playing field. What if the sniper you find does not have thermal, then its just easy pickings. Oh look, I can spot 5 people running through that forest at night, that was easy.

I hope Rocket removed AWS version and added ACOG/SUSAT/Iron Sight version of L85A2.

Removing l8s is stupid when you have the m107. Now you cant counter snipers anymore. Snipers need to go from the game. L85s should just have the susat acog put in. problem solved.

It's a British gun isnt it? (no idea about guns)

It probably wouldnt be that prevalent in an Eastern European country then, right?

Probably need more Czech guns.

Stealth changes ultimately hurt the reputation of the mod creators, and negative word of mouth will spread, resulting in less growth. If everything is communicated up front, and the reasons why, you wouldn't see the uproar over the issue like we're seeing now.

I can understand balancing gameplay, as that's crucial to the development of the game, the message here is communication is key. I'd also rather have over-communication over nothing.

[/quote']

This thread really is ridiculous. Debating whether the L85 is OP or not, fine, I can deal with that... everyone is entitled to their opinion. But now we're bitching about how well people can hide in trees. Seriously? While his method of delivering his message wasn't stellar, Wulfear pretty much nailed it on the head.

Considering how much sneaking is involved in DayZ, I'd say something like thermal vision is a bit game breaking, especially considering how many people seem to have this incredibly "rare" weapon. That being said, it wouldn't bother me one way or another if it was/wasn't removed. A crucial part of the DayZ experience, IMHO, is adapting to the challenges you face and (hopefully) conquering them. The idea that this issue with the L85 has sparked the newest chain of "let's nerf everything we deem even remotely difficult" is rather irritating. The .50 caliber sniper rifles aren't even an issue to me, it doesn't take a .50 caliber rifle to OHK someone... keep'em, remove'em, whatever, I don't care.

Nerf trees!? Could this thread get any more inane? I don't even know where to begin... this complaint is essentially saying that the ability to hide yourself is OP. Let's just make the entire game a big flat area with only crowbars, remove the ability to go prone or crouch in case someone mistakes you for a rock at a glance, and replace the footstep sounds with cowbells so nobody can sneak up on anyone else.

mma_facepalm_gif.gif

Personally glad it is gone if that is the case.

I would love to see all NV/TI equipment gone, seems like way to big of an upper hand to any player let alone a group of players with multiple NV/TI, makes moving at night certain death for anyone without. For those that have them guaranteed many kills with little to no effort, especially when they are duped.

As it is an Alpha removing and adding things is going to be the case until Beta or later. If it is a glitch then bummer, because I still gotta be that paranoid over it being back later on.

Something in the changelog would be nice if it was in fact removed. Or at least a Dev statement about it.

I just wish I could get my hands on a .22 cal rifle. Would add some hilarity to the game on my part. Now about the L85A2 I never noticed a problem with it, ive only had one and I traded it away when I realized it sucked.

The L85 was so not overpowered. We had 2, 2! And we kept them in our stash. They are good for scouting, but thats it. Love my M4 CCO SD much more.

Everyone wants to play as a sniper so that why they QQ about the L85. Now they can camp and no one will ever find them.

Everyone wants to play as a sniper so that why they QQ about the L85. Now they can camp and no one will ever find them.

So you're saying that snipers cry about the removal of the L85 because they can't be spotted anymore by the L85 Thermal?

Not sure if stupid....

They shouldn't remove L85 but nerf it, make the thermal vision see about 100m ahead.

Or make it so that there is only 1-2 L85s in each server.

Crash sites are too common.

I love the variety of weapons in dayz, they should expand it not reduce it.

Removing l8s is stupid when you have the m107. Now you cant counter snipers anymore. Snipers need to go from the game. L85s should just have the susat acog put in. problem solved.

agreed.

Someone can sit and hide with a ghille from 1200m+ and one shot you, but the L85 is considered the overpowered gun and is removed.

I will post a perfectly legit use of the Ghillie suit. It's a feature that in Arma 3 will make it perfectly viable with the grass fields that show at all ranges: I was coming in on stary sobor last night from the north. I hear a shot, I go prone in my ghillie. Im coming up on the hill overlooking the tents when the sniper comes running up the hill right in front of me. He stops RIGHT in front of me....and starts scanning the field. He doesn't see me laying there 10 feet in front of him with an m16. THAT is what a ghillie suit is capable of and SUPPOSED to do. To allow the eye to pass right over it if you aren't already knowing its location.

In game it is a thing of beauty when used up close, but all the tree stuff people are talking about is people taking advantage of the relatively weak engine that arma 2 is (i cant believe i once thought it was amazing).

It's an alpha, and I'm sure Ill enjoy the game onec it turns into whatever the heck it's meant to be. I just hope everyone who bought the game for the mod doesnt get too upset...everyone who did that is going to need to remember they bought arma, not dayz.

Peace.

• Like 1

So you're saying that snipers cry because they can't be spotted anymore by the L85 Thermal?

Not sure if stupid....

I think he meant to say that everyone WAS QQing bout the L85 and now they can snipe w/o problems. I've not encountered any snipers using l85 scanning an area instead of zooming in with the sniper instead' date=' as that method seems simply inefficient and too time consuming - the swapping weapons that is.

[hr']

I will post a perfectly legit use of the Ghillie suit. It's a feature that in Arma 3 will make it perfectly viable with the grass fields that show at all ranges: I was coming in on stary sobor last night from the north. I hear a shot' date=' I go prone in my ghillie. Im coming up on the hill overlooking the tents when the sniper comes running up the hill right in front of me. He stops RIGHT in front of me....and starts scanning the field. He doesn't see me laying there 10 feet in front of him with an m16. THAT is what a ghillie suit is capable of and SUPPOSED to do. To allow the eye to pass right over it if you aren't already knowing its location.

In game it is a thing of beauty when used up close, but all the tree stuff people are talking about is people taking advantage of the relatively weak engine that arma 2 is (i cant believe i once thought it was amazing).

It's an alpha, and I'm sure Ill enjoy the game onec it turns into whatever the heck it's meant to be. I just hope everyone who bought the game for the mod doesnt get too upset...everyone who did that is going to need to remember they bought arma, not dayz.

Peace.

[/quote']

good post, +1 :)

gotta say that after being initially disappointed, i am now actually quite happy that it has gone. Two of us play together and in the space of a couple of days (probably about 8-10 hours playing time) we found THREE of these things!! so really not that rare. the only reason we kept one of them between us was as a counter for spotting other people who had the same gun, now that other people do not have thermal there is no need for us to have it.

In essence the l85a2 makes killing FAR too easy. the two of us are pretty handy with weapons and we play with a lot of intelligence but with that gun it wasn't even a challenge to waste 4 man squads in a matter of seconds.