FrostDMG

L85A2 disabled? Reaaaly? DICE?

That gun was pretty OP, no doubt. People need to stop QQ'ing that they lost a weapon that completely removes any chance of stealth from a stealthy game.

Man up and adapt.

This is garbage enough to get me to register to this forum.

If scouting and then switching weapons was a problem, make it the only wearable weapon.

It was the only effective counter to sniping. I scouted, my sniper layed in the kill. It was wonderful, where I couldn't see, he could and vice versa. Going to the airfield is a real suicide commando now, opposed to yesterday where we could feel somewhat safe as long as I kept checking the outskirts with thermal.

Obviously I agree that one person shouldn't be able to use the L85 in conjunction with a sniper rifle by himself.

As it stands now if an area is guarded by snipers your team is dead before even knowing where the enemy team is. Way to make it more fun. Properly ghuillie-suited you simply don't see a not moving target at night. Sometimes you will by chance notice the barrel, most of the times the only thing you will notice is a bullet in your chest.

Just removing it is a gamebreaker.

FYI Techercizer' date=' I play this mod with Vipeax, have him in my mumble channel.... So my claim is pretty legit.

[/quote']

And I'm rocket's brother.

I'd like to see some facts to back that up, especially when you've said all of two posts (which are surprisingly on this specific thread). I find it strange that you've been so quiet on the forums, yet run with the big dogs.

QUICK EDIT: And by fact, I mean to back up the claims that the L85 is out. I could care less if you know Vipeax personally.

Yes the L85 was removed in the 1.7.2 patch I can confirm. Vipeax confirmed it was removed... Great to see that gun gone' date=' it had no place in this mod IMO...

[/quote']

The AS50, M107, or any silenced weapon doesn't really belong in the game either.

M107 and AS50 don't belong in the game either, and I think all the guns should be iron sights only apart form a couple of snipers tbh. but lol im too crazy the fuck do i know

If you're going to remove all the high end military weapons, why bother having military class spawns? What's the point of a finding a heli crash to get another winchester? The logic there makes no sense. Server hoppers, dupers, and loot recyclers made them too common. Not the legit spawns.

FYI Techercizer' date=' I play this mod with Vipeax, have him in my mumble channel.... So my claim is pretty legit.

[/quote']

I'd like to see some facts to back that up, especially when you've said all of two posts (which are surprisingly on this specific thread). I find it strange that you've been so quiet on the forums, yet run with the big dogs.

LOL... Go watch Twitch.tv/PUDDN and you can watch Vipeax playing with us....

Great news. OP like the helo vehicle radar.

LOL... Go watch Twitch.tv/PUDDN and you can watch Vipeax playing with us....

Check the edit. My mistake.

Ok, so the heli crashes should have gotten adjusted, so what? The gun didn't have to go, or at least we could have been warned bout this :/ stealth patches suck IMO don't do 'em.

P.S. I was using the L85 with the M4A1 CCO SD. And like someone else said, it was the only viable counter to snipers

so m107 and as50 have been removed or no?

I hope so, why L85A2 was removed? this weapon are so BAD to kill zombies and other players just it was good to be used with that thermal vision that it has.

Whoever was asking about the M107, I don't know, but my friend still has his AS50 if that helps at all.

I think there should be at least one anti-material sniper in the game for sure. Otherwise, taking out certain vehicles and helicopters is quite impossible.

Not at all Lobo' date='

See the thread about crashed helicopters:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=21514

They are too common even when obtaining them legitimately.

[/quote']

That is not a problem with the guns, That is a problem with the spawn rate of the choppers. Additionally also a problem caused by admins that run restarts several times a day in order to generate new heli's and new loot.

Good to see they removed the L85 from DayZ. I had one and me and the rest of BDB absolutely camped the crap out of stary and killed everyone. The gun makes it so easy to spot players it's ridiculous.

wait.... our clan has like 8... are they gone now?

yeah they are

wait.... our clan has like 8... are they gone now?

Yes, no, maybe, Q, 42.

In short: We don't know.

Good riddance. Its a gun for noobs. Thermal has no place in the mod.

The M107 and AS50 should go too. Guns for massive noobs that dont require any previous experience to use. The DMR or dragunov should be the top scoped rifle available and even at that, they should be very rare.

[/quote']

QUICK EDIT: And by fact, I mean to back up the claims that the L85 is out. I could care less if you know Vipeax personally.

Vipeax was in Lirikks chat about 30 minutes ago when the patch went live and confirmed the L85 is gone. I watch Puddns stream a lot and can also confirm that Outlaw not only plays with him and Vipeax often, but his accent would melt your heart.

OMG wussies so attached to the gear. Get over it! I was losing NVGs, DMRs, Coyotes etc. Never whined. Once I found FN FAL ANPV S4 at heli crash. You know what I did? I picked it up and moved to the full backpack so it will disappear and no other fuck will use this OP shit.

Good riddance. Its a gun for noobs. Thermal has no place in the mod.

The M107 and AS50 should go too. Guns for massive noobs that dont require any previous experience to use. The DMR or dragunov should be the top scoped rifle available and even at that' date=' they should be very rare.

[/quote']

I agree how they're noob guns, I agree 100%. But the problem is that ghillie suit would have to go too cause they're impossible to see pretty much without thermal :=\