FrostDMG

L85A2 disabled? Reaaaly? DICE?

Okay, as a preface to this topic being unlocked again, let's talk about this rationally and in a calm manner. It's Frost's topic, but I'd rather us have a discussion here rather than the traditional:

"FUK U FER TAYKIN MAH WEAPONS !!!!11!!1!!!one11!!"

Or the ever present:

"it's alpha, dealz wit it"

I, personally, would like to see some discussion as to why and why not the gun should (not) be in the game, at least until there is an official ruling as to the validity of the statements about the gun going missing completely.

Okay' date=' as a preface to this topic being unlocked again, let's talk about this rationally and in a calm manner. It's Frost's topic, but I'd rather us have a discussion here rather than the traditional:

"FUK U FER TAYKIN MAH WEAPONS !!!!11!!1!!!one11!!"

Or the ever present:

"it's alpha, dealz wit it"

I, personally, would like to see some discussion as to why and why not the gun should (not) be in the game, at least until there is an official ruling as to the validity of the statements about the gun going missing completely.

[/quote']

My squad had 3 of these guns, all of which disappeared in the update...

L85 removed? Great! Next all the pancy .50 cal rifles & nvg? go go go!

Like I said before, the amount of L85s in the game could be adjusted by making them either even rarer, or decreasing the number of heli crashes.

Removing the weapon is not the right thing to do - especially when it was the only anti sniper gun.

Or at least include the reason in the patch notes :)

You people are fucking retards. Good job.

Also, fuck you rocket for caving to these pussies. No more biscuits for you...

Good riddance. Its a gun for noobs. Thermal has no place in the mod.

The M107 and AS50 should go too. Guns for massive noobs that dont require any previous experience to use. The DMR or dragunov should be the top scoped rifle available and even at that' date=' they should be very rare.

[/quote']

This ^

Totally agree the M107 and AS50 need to be removed. Seems every other player have these guns now and simply camp every high tier loot spots just for the "lolz"

"Only anti-sniper gun".. Why would you need thermal to spot snipers when they don't have thermal anymore to spot you. Good that this got removed. Was totally overpowered and didn't fit the game at all.

TBH idk why ppl are saying the m107 and the AS50 are OP, the games trying to be realistic your not just gonna get shot by a .50 cal and survive like use common sense people and i dont like the idea that the L85 didnt belong in the game cause it sure did beside the m249 saw and the mk40.

you'll just have to get used to spotting people without an IR thermal scope. At distance grass doesn't render, the sniper would pretty much have to be in a tree to not be seen.

"Only anti-sniper gun".. Why would you need thermal to spot snipers when they don't have thermal anymore to spot you. Good that this got removed. Was totally overpowered and didn't fit the game at all.

Yeah man, that's what I used my L85 for... Scouting for those fuckers, going behind them and putting one between the eyes. Now they shall be even harder to find

you'll just have to get used to spotting people without an IR thermal scope. At distance grass doesn't render' date=' the sniper would pretty much have to be in a tree to not be seen.

[/quote']

Fortunately we have those giant ghillie-green christmas trees whose leaves go all the way down to the ground, but can be seen through easily by those inside them.

you'll just have to get used to spotting people without an IR thermal scope. At distance grass doesn't render' date=' the sniper would pretty much have to be in a tree to not be seen.

[/quote']

Fortunately we have those giant ghillie-green christmas trees whose leaves go all the way down to the ground, but can be seen through easily by those inside them.

Yeah, I only had the L85 for one day, but seriously, those trees always force me to do a double take even with the thermal.

I'm used to spotting snipers, in fact I've gotten pretty good at it, it's just the fact that it is really freaking hard to see people in ghillie in a tree even with binos - also since I do not snipe, I need to get really close and personal do fight them

I've seen nothing offical about the L85 being removed, and all I have seen on the subject of items going missing is this from Rocket:

The missing items is because of the overzealous new anti-hacking mechanisms.

Not trying to be cruel' date=' but I really aren't too concerned with people loosing their stuff to this at the moment. We have some kind of major loading issue. I would recommend not using the Ghille suits for the moment, or any clothing change. In fact, I will probably release a hotfix disabling that until it is actually supported in engine rather than the hackery method I am currently using.

The new config control to prevent hacking is a good thing, but it's gone too far and too deep. We'll get the balance right, but it needs to be measured and configured and tested. That's what we're doing. A number of servers still run 1.7.1.5, stay on those until this is fixed. Most of the updates will be server side.

We're currently trying to isolate the cause of the loading problems right now. They only appear on full servers under heavy load. [/quote']

So unless someone know otherwise I'd say chill for now.

If someone moves you spot him even in the thickest of forests in a couple of seconds. If someone doesn't move you need to check every tree very carefully and chances are, that you are dead if there was a sniper before you have spotted him, because you entered his area aka moved.

Do you really want to bet on a sniper being beaten by his oversight to spot a moving target entering his visual range?

Sniper got you? Bad luck try again.

Is that how you want it?

I bet with you even if a sniper would need 2 hits to get you, you wouldn't spot him even knowing his general direction before you are dead.

Just do a try with your friend. He is the sniper and gets into a bush and even gives you the precise sector he is in. e.g. 055 011 and you have to find him before he has you in visual for 10 seconds.

Everytime he can count to 10 without you spotting him he can kill you. This will be a day full of running for you.

Before I had the L85 I had problems finding my sniper even with his directions via voiceover giving me directions how to find him. Binocular and NVG aren't powerful/efficient enough to expose a sniper in time.

i guess we should remove ghille suits then since they r soo 'OP' and hard to see.

It isn't the ghuille suit. As above poster said the christmas trees... some of them will completely cover you ( and even 3/4 of the as-50 ) without you seeing a single pixel of them, while they can see perfectly to the outside.

We aren't talking about easy stuff like a sniper on a roof or in the grass. That isn't hard to spot at all.

i guess we should remove ghille suits then since they r soo 'OP' and hard to see.

See above, they likely will be disabled.

If someone moves you spot him even in the thickest of forests in a couple of seconds. If someone doesn't move you need to check every tree very carefully and chances are' date=' that you are dead if there was a sniper before you have spotted him, because you entered his area aka moved.

Do you really want to bet on a sniper being beaten by his oversight to spot a moving target entering his visual range?

Sniper got you? Bad luck try again.

Is that how you want it?

I bet with you even if a sniper would need 2 hits to get you, you wouldn't spot him even knowing his general direction before you are dead.

Just do a try with your friend. He is the sniper and gets into a bush and even gives you the precise sector he is in. e.g. 055 011 and you have to find him before he has you in visual for 10 seconds.

Everytime he can count to 10 without you spotting him he can kill you. This will be a day full of running for you.

Before I had the L85 I had problems finding my sniper even with his directions via voiceover giving me directions how to find him. Binocular and NVG aren't powerful/efficient enough to expose a sniper in time.

[/quote']

yeah, a well hidden ghille will nail most targets - even those who pay attention and scan treelines with binos. also the grass rendering will not be a problem for him trust me, no good ghillie hides in the open field

Mysteriously one gun appeared again next to a tent, but guys from my group have been to scared to pick it up as it seems a bugged gun or whatever. Little girls they are...^^

And on a more serious note: The L85 is useful as a some kind of scout rifle and you have to be in a group of 3+ players using it effectively, but other than that it is quite useless if you want to stay alive for a while. Yes it has thermal view, but the zoom factor is already kind of big, so i'd say everything below 100m-150m is quite save from being spotted by you and the red colour does make it really hard to determine the objects besides the "glowing" target compared to the black-white thermals.

In addition it isn't that accurate (at least the shots I took with it) above 300m and you are shooting 5.56 so it is also low damage. In CQC it is really useless if you are not Billy the Kid himself. So yes used in a group it is a powerful spotting tool on range, but which weapon isn't powerful used in a group. You still have to determine friend or foe even the thermals can't help you with that.

The L85 gives a nice variety to the guns available and I do like it to have it in the group and it is by far not a game breaking element. So I'd vote for it to stay.

It isn't the ghuille suit. As above poster said the christmas trees... some of them will completely cover you ( and even 3/4 of the as-50 ) without you seeing a single pixel of them, while they can see perfectly to the outside.

We aren't talking about easy stuff like a sniper on a roof or in the grass. That isn't hard to spot at all.

so start looking in "Christmas trees".... theres still 3/4 of the sniper and what maybe 4 tress max :)

well whatever i dont think they should be worrying about taking such and such guns out of the game they should be more worrying about the fucking glitching zombies that hit u through walls and run through them and all the damn hackers.

I'm not crying' date=' but why not remove the snipers too? I mean they are really really strong PVP weapons you know >_<

[/quote']

sniper guns are not PVP weapons they are ganking weapons for ppl who think they can pvp.

Yeah don't worry, you fags will bitch again soon enough, and then trees will be nerfed because 'it's too hard waaaaah, people aren't allowed to hide from me! it's unbalanced! waaaaahhhh'....

ITT: biggest babies ever.

I'm not crying' date=' but why not remove the snipers too? I mean they are really really strong PVP weapons you know >_<

[/quote']

sniper guns are not PVP weapons they are ganking weapons for ppl who think they can pvp.

I agree bout the ganking thing.. too true

so im just going to spawn without my l85? or will i get to keep it and no more will respawn?

i will be slightly peeved if i spawn with no main gun, considering my secondary is out of ammo and the l85 is useless outside of information gathering.