Kyiara

DayZ in 2023

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I wholeheartedly disagree.  The history of this game is riddled with "The Company" giving false information, removing player wanted features/equipment/weapons, missing stated goals and deadlines, adding unneeded "stuff", and oh so much more over the last seven years.  And your expectation is for those that bought the game, love the game, and want it's best to just be quiet and act like everything is roses?  "The Company" put itself into this position and we are expected to not call out "The Companies" problems and demand better?  I've been around the block a time or two and anytime I hear someone wanting to shut down criticism that is DESERVED and warranted.  That is someone sitting behind rose colored glasses and really needs to take stock in what is being said here.   

Seriously.

criticism and feedback is great and wanted, but this is just not helping. not anyone. maybe it helps yourself only to get some steam off here on the internet.

this is the same moaning since 2018. u guys still wait for dean halls promises from 2016. shouting at a small developer team who do a great job the past 4 years. considering the resources they have and a messed up un-finished hybrid of an engine they have to deal with.

and in the end its just a video game. im for sure not happy with the overall progress of the game since 2013, im no fan of every tweak/change/addition in whatever update - but i dont go mental about it. i use the feedback tracker if i feel so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

14 hours ago, etwas said:

criticism and feedback is great and wanted, but this is just not helping. not anyone. maybe it helps yourself only to get some steam off here on the internet.

this is the same moaning since 2018. u guys still wait for dean halls promises from 2016. shouting at a small developer team who do a great job the past 4 years. considering the resources they have and a messed up un-finished hybrid of an engine they have to deal with.

and in the end its just a video game. im for sure not happy with the overall progress of the game since 2013, im no fan of every tweak/change/addition in whatever update - but i dont go mental about it. i use the feedback tracker if i feel so.

All I or anyone else that bought into early access is to be given the game "sold" to us.  They have yet to deliver that game.  And just because this game is released does not mean it's complete.  This game above all others is an example of how that happens.  It may be ok for some that want a half finished game missing features that were stripped away and told they would return before release, that DID NOT HAPPEN, nor several years after it's release.  Or features like vehicles that were working good until a design change was implemented with very little follow through, and they are still unstable as compared to before the change.  Or how about the overall change to the game to cater to consoles and casuals.  All of these things add up to a mess that most people would describe the game.  It's a fun mess, but a mess no less.  I want the game to be great and for the company to DO BETTER.  I use the feedback tracker as well, but there are so many legitimate unanswered tickets it's shameful.  Again, look at Hello Games, they are the standard by which I judge all other game companies  including BI.  They took a turd, and polished it into a Diamond.  I expect BI to do the same.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

how about the overall change to the game to cater to consoles and casuals

The sad truth

10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

All I or anyone else that bought into early access is to be given the game "sold" to us.  They have yet to deliver that game.  And just because this game is released does not mean it's complete.

Honest question: What would be those things/features that have been "promised" back in the day that turns the current DayZ development - in your eyes - into some kind of "complete scam" for those who bought it during the early access? Because I did it and Im quite satisfied with the result and after almost 10 years, with more than 10k hours, after having gone through all its stages, hosted servers, created mods, edited maps, enjoying many new features that were never even mentioned in the beginning, meeting amazing people, playing vanilla/modded/rp/deathmatch/events... and only paying $28 almost a decade ago, I think this was one of my best investments tbh. Even when I can objectively say that 1.20 was one of the worst updates or that I would like to see priority given to other things that I consider fundamental for the game or maybe that the communication is still bad. But you seem to take it to an extreme that is hard to take seriously.

If the issue is that you think you "got ripped off" because you were promised helicopters or animal companions and now you can only get them through a mod, then I have no doubt that someone will be able to give you back those 28 bucks and put you out of your misery. Just leave your paypal. Maybe the devs can send you a hoodie or something as compensation, idk. But if what you really want for the game (and im sure you do, otherwise you wont be around) is to become the best survival it can be in a context where almost NO company decides to develop this genre as a MMO (you ask yourself why), you are definitely taking the worst possible attitude (although it may not even be an attitude and you're just trolling).

There were communication errors, lack of transparency and a terrible management of expectations throughout the development of DayZ. I (and many many others) have been quite vocal about all of this AT THE TIME. But this is a discussion from almost 5 years ago. Constantly bitching to a development team that has little to do with the previous teams, in a completely different context for the game and the company, ignoring factors like profitability, development complexity, the implications of having an hybrid engine, the fact that the game was one of the first experiments launched under the early access mode, that it has been changed at least 4 times development leadership, that DayZ was never the "old reliable" of BI in its essence, entering the console market as a way lay the groundwork for the next titles and extend the life/development what it was a 7-8 year old game... It doesn't really make any sense and implies that you're just trying to follow a rhetoric you've started and now can't stop. Out of boredom or inertia maybe? Probably. But absurd through and through.

I am not going to enter into a chain of endless responses because I know its pointless. I simply wanted to give whoever reads this another POV because you spoke on behalf of "all of us who bought the game in early access", when not all of us think like you.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I tried the game again since long time ago and man it just feels bad to play this game.

It's the infected and melee that are so horrible in this game that I don't really want to play this game. Then after those are the balance of the how much you need to eat/drink, how quickly health goes down, but those are easier to fix than the main issues.

Infected. How are you suppose to fight them in melee realistically? You need to do all kinds of stupid block and hit hard manipulations that it just feels stupid. Then also there's the issue that the infected ALWAYS somehow overshoot behind the player. That's like one of the biggest issues in the game with infected that it's just better to get rid of them. Like honestly make them slower or anything to fix them. As a side not I never understood the decision to add stamina for the infected.

Then it's the melee animations. The infected issues are likely very tied to the long locked animations. And some animations also feel pretty bad on the player, especially the melee stuff. Staggering is pretty annoying mechanic when it's not done well. Each melee animation feel very slow and you're too locked on what you're doing, makes the melee just feel horrible.

It's suppose to be survival game that has these infected people all over the place as a threat, but when they're just annoying buggy things bringing in clunky/glitchy frustration, it's just horrible experience. Pink boxes without animations that don't overshoot would be more authentic "zombie survival" experience than the infected that the game has now. I see why people just want to do shooty PVP in this game, because that's only thing this game can do somewhat decently.

1 hour ago, St. Jimmy said:

Then it's the melee animations. The infected issues are likely very tied to the long locked animations. And some animations also feel pretty bad on the player, especially the melee stuff. Staggering is pretty annoying mechanic when it's not done well. Each melee animation feel very slow and you're too locked on what you're doing, makes the melee just feel horrible.

I agreed melee in this game needs a rework. I thought that when the game was in 1.0 all these locked animations for melee were placeholders yet 5 years later we still have this shitty downgrade of a melee system which some how people think is better than later versions were you could move and swing you weapon with percision instead of the big 180° swing that clips through stuff and goes straight through targets

• Like 1

When will we receive parity from pre Enfusion?

When will core elements work?

I agreed to pay for this product AND help test it. Which I did.  It’s been ten years. When will we get an acceptable product?  The problem is the code. 

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2

On 3/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, Asmondian said:

Honest question: What would be those things/features that have been "promised" back in the day that turns the current DayZ development - in your eyes - into some kind of "complete scam" for those who bought it during the early access? <<BS DELETED>>

There were communication errors, lack of transparency and a terrible management of expectations throughout the development of DayZ. I (and many many others) have been quite vocal about all of this AT THE TIME. But this is a discussion from almost 5 years ago. <<MORE BS DELETED>>

As was just asked, when do we get parity with the state of the game pre Enfusion?  I'd narrow this question down to "What year do we get parity with the state of the game pre Enfusion?"

The change to allow this game to be played on consoles was absolutely TERRIBLE.  You can say, well, it extends the life of the game, blah, blah, blah.  Look at  the damn result.  This game on console is an absolute mess.  It was never meant to run on that hardware, and it plays terrible.  I own DayZ on both XBOX and PS 5, and vanilla sucks compared to PC, just sucks.  It is clear it was hamfisted to just barely work, thank you Tencent.

And what it did to the game on the PC side sucks as well.  Thanks to the new (console needed) Character Controller, the movement of the character is just stupid.  The zeds are a minor nuisance and don't really MEAN anything, they are like rats scurrying around, and you swat them a few times with a broom and they die.  All to make it not too hard for the casuals.  

In short, it's not just things/features, the game changed a lot AFTER the one month Beta and release and went in a direction nobody wanted or needed.  

And another thing, I have noticed how quickly official responses come to console players reporting issues in the forum, and less so on the PC side.  I wonder why this is?

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 1

Im not sure if that just your alt account or you guys are just continuously synchronized in the comments. Anyway. I see that you quickly abandoned the "we want the game we were sold" argument because you realized it was leading nowhere. Now you are playing with pre-enfusion parity card. But its ok.

1) Enfusion was never fully implemented (not even today). It was added partially, in stages, starting with the rendering 7 years ago. When you talk about "pre-Enfusion parity" do you mean 0.59 (Around June 2016) or do you even have any idea what you are talking about? Parity in terms of what? Please dont tell me that your comparison criteria is only the content... jesus...

2) But let's take the "pre-enfusion stage" then. That would mean that what you want is: No modding support | No climbing | No FPS optimizations | No modifications in Chernarus | No Tisy | No new DirectX | No modding tools | No documentation | No sound improvements | No inertia | No stamina | No new diseases | No wounded animations | No new hitboxing system | No new animation system | No basebuilding | No new night lighting or anti-gamma system | No Gaunter, Sarka, M1025, SSG82, claymore, deagle, m16 ... | No bunker or underground/dark areas/triggers | No toxic areas | No tracers | No bears | No improvised shelters | No NBQ suite | No new dynamic events... I could be all day. I think you get the point of why complaning about a lack of parity with 0.59 its just ridiculous and a completely superficial analysis.

3) There were definitely changes to make the game compatible with a new platform (consoles). Many of them were extremely positive, others not so much (and you can look up my criticisms at the time). Look at the result? The playerbase did not exceed 5k people (only on PC) back then and today the game has recently reached maximum peaks and has presence in three different platforms. I do look at the results and I think people like it. The funny thing is that you bought three times a game that you hate, even after the BETA. The company achieved presence on three platforms, allowed them to extend the life of DayZ without the DLC model implemented like with ARMA, they were able to continue the development of Enfusion thinking about future titles and in parallel to make the mods compatible with the consoles (Reforged). But nah... everything was a big failure because before we had volumetric clouds and now the sky looks much uglier. Come on dude... ts time to grow up.

Again, I think you fall prey to a narrative or major infantilism, with arguments so uninformed that it is questionable whether they are even worth answering. My advice is to just let it go. You are here imprisoned by an obsession for something you don't seem to enjoy anymore. There are over 55k people currently enjoying DayZ on PC alone and a huge majority of them purchased the game in its early access stage (and are quite happy with the results). Many of us still have multiple reservations about some of the changes and I do think there were some very particular downgrades in terms of gameplay (I have discussed and elaborated on this many times). But to assume an obsessive stance with the game by commenting negatively on every single post, attacking the staff or creating an "anti-consoles" crusade its quite pathological.

Have a good one !!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/15/2023 at 9:50 PM, Asmondian said:

Im not sure if that just your alt account or you guys are just continuously synchronized in the comments. Anyway. I see that you quickly abandoned the "we want the game we were sold" argument because you realized it was leading nowhere. Now you are playing with pre-enfusion parity card. But its ok.

1) Enfusion was never fully implemented (not even today). It was added partially, in stages, starting with the rendering 7 years ago. When you talk about "pre-Enfusion parity" do you mean 0.59 (Around June 2016) or do you even have any idea what you are talking about? Parity in terms of what? Please dont tell me that your comparison criteria is only the content... jesus...

2) But let's take the "pre-enfusion stage" then. That would mean that what you want is: No modding support | No climbing | No FPS optimizations | No modifications in Chernarus | No Tisy | No new DirectX | No modding tools | No documentation | No sound improvements | No inertia | No stamina | No new diseases | No wounded animations | No new hitboxing system | No new animation system | No basebuilding | No new night lighting or anti-gamma system | No Gaunter, Sarka, M1025, SSG82, claymore, deagle, m16 ... | No bunker or underground/dark areas/triggers | No toxic areas | No tracers | No bears | No improvised shelters | No NBQ suite | No new dynamic events... I could be all day. I think you get the point of why complaning about a lack of parity with 0.59 its just ridiculous and a completely superficial analysis.

3) There were definitely changes to make the game compatible with a new platform (consoles). Many of them were extremely positive, others not so much (and you can look up my criticisms at the time). Look at the result? The playerbase did not exceed 5k people (only on PC) back then and today the game has recently reached maximum peaks and has presence in three different platforms. I do look at the results and I think people like it. The funny thing is that you bought three times a game that you hate, even after the BETA. The company achieved presence on three platforms, allowed them to extend the life of DayZ without the DLC model implemented like with ARMA, they were able to continue the development of Enfusion thinking about future titles and in parallel to make the mods compatible with the consoles (Reforged). But nah... everything was a big failure because before we had volumetric clouds and now the sky looks much uglier. Come on dude... ts time to grow up.

Again, I think you fall prey to a narrative or major infantilism, with arguments so uninformed that it is questionable whether they are even worth answering. My advice is to just let it go. You are here imprisoned by an obsession for something you don't seem to enjoy anymore. There are over 55k people currently enjoying DayZ on PC alone and a huge majority of them purchased the game in its early access stage (and are quite happy with the results). Many of us still have multiple reservations about some of the changes and I do think there were some very particular downgrades in terms of gameplay (I have discussed and elaborated on this many times). But to assume an obsessive stance with the game by commenting negatively on every single post, attacking the staff or creating an "anti-consoles" crusade its quite pathological.

Have a good one !!!

I think replying to Parazite or THEGordanFreeman is useless. I've watched them complain for years and like them and you I have had Dayz since it was first released 10 years ago. Yes, promises were made and not fulfilled. But the game today is fantastic in relation to where has been. Is it perfect? Of course not! But still an incredible game!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2023 at 8:50 PM, Asmondian said:

Sorry, no.  There are no alt accounts here.  TheGordonFreeman and I actually have no communication outside of these forums. 

The argument wasn't abandoned.  Posts were deleted.  I'm not going to make those same arguments again because criticisms of the company may be construed as personal attacks.  

People invest a non-trivial amount of time and effort into building communities (not to mention all the capital investments) only to have them broken with each new patch.  And this will likely continue.  This is not about money.  This is about principles.  As someone who is at the center of community building within this game, it's mind-boggling that you have the viewpoint that you do. 

I'd like to see this game finished and working but look, they're still looking for a lead creative director for DayZ.

On 3/15/2023 at 8:50 PM, Asmondian said:

Come on dude... ts time to grow up.

Really?  I have my s--t together.  I keep the promises that I make.  I pay my taxes on time, have no criminal record and actually volunteer to help people in need.  The corporation that I work for is successful because adults hold people accountable. That's the flywheel that generates successful momentum, to build successful companies. 

I would recommend Jim Collins' book "Good to Great".   It has a ton of great literature to help small private companies like this make proper decision making.

• Like 2

Can you please try fixing the full battery found in the GPS. The moment you turn them on it takes the battery from 100% to 60%..

On 3/11/2023 at 2:24 AM, Asmondian said:

Honest question: What would be those things/features that have been "promised" back in the day that turns the current DayZ development - in your eyes - into some kind of "complete scam" for those who bought it during the early access? Because I did it and Im quite satisfied with the result and after almost 10 years, with more than 10k hours, after having gone through all its stages, hosted servers, created mods, edited maps, enjoying many new features that were never even mentioned in the beginning, meeting amazing people, playing vanilla/modded/rp/deathmatch/events... and only paying $28 almost a decade ago, I think this was one of my best investments tbh. Even when I can objectively say that 1.20 was one of the worst updates or that I would like to see priority given to other things that I consider fundamental for the game or maybe that the communication is still bad. But you seem to take it to an extreme that is hard to take seriously.

If the issue is that you think you "got ripped off" because you were promised helicopters or animal companions and now you can only get them through a mod, then I have no doubt that someone will be able to give you back those 28 bucks and put you out of your misery. Just leave your paypal. Maybe the devs can send you a hoodie or something as compensation, idk. But if what you really want for the game (and im sure you do, otherwise you wont be around) is to become the best survival it can be in a context where almost NO company decides to develop this genre as a MMO (you ask yourself why), you are definitely taking the worst possible attitude (although it may not even be an attitude and you're just trolling).

There were communication errors, lack of transparency and a terrible management of expectations throughout the development of DayZ. I (and many many others) have been quite vocal about all of this AT THE TIME. But this is a discussion from almost 5 years ago. Constantly bitching to a development team that has little to do with the previous teams, in a completely different context for the game and the company, ignoring factors like profitability, development complexity, the implications of having an hybrid engine, the fact that the game was one of the first experiments launched under the early access mode, that it has been changed at least 4 times development leadership, that DayZ was never the "old reliable" of BI in its essence, entering the console market as a way lay the groundwork for the next titles and extend the life/development what it was a 7-8 year old game... It doesn't really make any sense and implies that you're just trying to follow a rhetoric you've started and now can't stop. Out of boredom or inertia maybe? Probably. But absurd through and through.

I am not going to enter into a chain of endless responses because I know its pointless. I simply wanted to give whoever reads this another POV because you spoke on behalf of "all of us who bought the game in early access", when not all of us think like you.

Why all this apology for the behavior of this company with DayZ and its players? You bought his shares on the stock market and try to get them to go up?!? 😮

Salut les gars je vous suit depuis le début j'adore ce jeu. Avant de créer des nouveautés dans le jeu S'IL VOUS PLAÎT stabilisez une bonne fois pour toutes car la vous allez perdre du monde si toujours autant de beug voire plus depuis la nouvelle mise à jour. Ce que l'on veut c'est avant tout de la fluidité un jeu stable qui ne frise pas toutes les 5 minutes surtout en véhicules et maintenant qui commence même à pieds.

A bon entendeur 

Edited by Myky170787
  • Thanks 1

I have to admit that I first tried the game only yesterday and... I'm so absolutely hooked!!!

I don't know how active the community is and I hope there will be no server shutdown for this game anytime soon. I feel like I want to play this for the rest of my life 🙂

6 minutes ago, SierraMikain said:

I have to admit that I first tried the game only yesterday and... I'm so absolutely hooked!!!

I don't know how active the community is and I hope there will be no server shutdown for this game anytime soon. I feel like I want to play this for the rest of my life 🙂

1st is nothing lasts forever.

2nd is release of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead was released in 2008, and yet still has some players (about 330 - 350 players is still playing).

The point is that after reaching of end of life dz will not suppose to get updates. So anyway it would become to outdated.

So just don't hurry and play.