Kyiara

DayZ in 2023

Ok, I'm a sucker for punishment, and did want to hit up some DayZ on my day off...

I went to a private server and by chance they have very low zombies so until they do another patch, finding a server with low/no zombies makes it a bit better, but it's still not great.

If wonder if in developers will add mechanics for railways , because it's good transport for those who didn't find cars , you will need extra tools for fixing or gathering parts, if that mechanic will be added it would mean power plants will no longer be used as decoration for the map on top of that they can add light systems too for cities. i know it's overkill for trains but it would be universal transport because with it you can transport loot(containers, barrels, wooden boxes). it will force players to use pas and radio systems in order to avoid collision between trains or cars.  

Edited by Old Noob
  • Like 1

After 2 years managing a private community server in a 64 slot console, I'm starting to get tired of the problems it gives us with each update, all the updates have important bugs, all the json disappeared because they changed the names of the objects, whitelist broken, flying cars and many bugs that I am beginning to see the cost of the EXPENSIVE server according to all the problems that we have to face. The administration is the one who bears the brunt of your mistakes.
sorry for my english im from spain :)
I think that they should take a little longer between updates, check that everything works well and upload a good update with a lot of content and so we don't have to be the admins in each update readjusting half the entire server

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, iDW13N NUEVAVIDA said:

After 2 years managing a private community server in a 64 slot console, I'm starting to get tired of the problems it gives us with each update, all the updates have important bugs, all the json disappeared because they changed the names of the objects, whitelist broken, flying cars and many bugs that I am beginning to see the cost of the EXPENSIVE server according to all the problems that we have to face. The administration is the one who bears the brunt of your mistakes.
sorry for my english im from spain 🙂
I think that they should take a little longer between updates, check that everything works well and upload a good update with a lot of content and so we don't have to be the admins in each update readjusting half the entire server

i think they just don't care because there is new arma game coming soon so they are focused on that front. game is roughly 11 years old, so i doubt they would pour their effort to revive dead game, too many issues with bugs delayed fixes it means only one , they are trying to get all from dayz before it looses player base, at this point modders are doing more than Bohemia , 11 years have passed yet they didn't even add new transportation system(helicopter, train etc.). 

Edited by Old Noob
  • Like 1

I think it would be really great if Xbox could receive a similar inventory system to PC. The fact I can’t choose where my items sit in my bags makes it a lot harder to find things in the heat of the moment! Would love to see a cursor system similar to destiny or the newly released hogwarts legacy. But at the very least being able to rearrange the order in our bags is a must!

I'm enjoying the new updates Dayz I'm on xbox console. 

I would like to spin a few ideas for possible future updates. The first is, Rambo style traps, I think we could put the sawn off or small SMGS to good use for offline raiders like a tripwire+rope+sawnoff combo to place it on any surface in a horizontal direction within a reasonable range to the length of rope. Or a spiked gate tripwire. 

The second is a snow map for console, we have white hunter jackets which nobody uses. Or even give the game a real life season cycle? Fog, snow, Frost etc would really set the game apart from the others.

Add one working tank per server? Which can be destroyed by multiple M74 hits or land mines? But 100% bullet proof and very slow.

Sheet metal plus car combination to craft a make shift armoured car mad max style. 

We have issues with people duping C4 combat logging and waiting till people go offline before they destroy a base. So why not make sheet metal+stone combination to make stronger walls which may take 5 plastics to destroy?

And before I ask for too much, ragdoll physics on zeds and players. Maybe a bit more gore. Like a 308 shot takes the limbs off. 

Looking forward to seeing where dayz goes. I think it will be the next best thing to gta5. 

So the server wipe that's planned means we lose all our gear, bases, etc everything we worked hard to find and build? Personally I'd rather this didn't happen. I know NWAF is crap but I just don't bother going there. I'd rather other areas of the map were altered instead without wiping the server completely.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, Parazight said:

Maybe in 2024, if the company is still afloat, we will receive a meaningful update to vehicles?  We have received no meaningful fix to cars since the title left beta 3+ years ago. 

I like how they said "here's the plan for 2023.... oh sorry, we can't divulge most of these plans, but be prepared for more hats and zombies that do stuff, we can't tell you what that stuff is, but you best be prepared!"  You can always count on BI to be on point with messaging.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I like how they said "here's the plan for 2023.... oh sorry, we can't divulge most of these plans, but be prepared for more hats and zombies that do stuff, we can't tell you what that stuff is, but you best be prepared!"  You can always count on BI to be on point with messaging.

You know that’s not true. 😉

I mean, the staff has recently said that they don’t post here because they don’t think console users know how to access forums on their phones.   For whatever reason, they think that their customers are dumb. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parazight said:

I mean, the staff has recently said that they don’t post here because they don’t think console users know how to access forums on their phones.   For whatever reason, they think that their customers are dumb. 

I play on console because I don't have time to mess around setting up a new PC. Besides, on my time off I spend enough time on other games on console which is more than enough. If I'm out I don't want to be reading bug reports from Bohemia on my phone. Not happening. If I'm at home I use my PC to browse because screen size.

The only proof of life we have on these dev's is some text shit-posting. Someone should do a welfare check. They're probably handcuffed to a radiator in a basement somewhere.

Edited by Crankgorilla
  • Haha 1

Well dear devs and Bohemia Interactive, I can understand that you wish to make community to be happy but please hardly test fitst then release any updates! You've done the worst job ever I'm playing that game since 0.30 patch and never ever seen such amazing troubles around. I can accept that you wish to make a present to 14 feb for community but that present went too bad.

And yes if some one ride on the Offroad_02 aka Hmvvy you may play with neutral gear to desync you gear to 1st theb switch to R or D and start speeding up normally. Also you may try to override current gear by pressing E for gear up or Q for gear down. It's temporary but allow you to star riding not from 4th gear you may downgear to 1st and start fine riding. But i was not able to find how to reset gear for rear speed, somehow gearbox considering that we also has Xn rear gears... 😄

@ Devs, your console update addressed the running issue. Congrats!

On console, the stacking .JSON items is still happening. all items are stacking with exception of the easter egg. And it would seem that since all items are stacking in my admin-base/store there are no items spawning in the world, As per the central loot econ. Please address this asap. 

• Beans 1

On 2/21/2023 at 6:16 PM, Parazight said:

Ah common, that is not what was said. 
Please, next time, feel free to use the quote and do not troll people.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:58 AM, blueshorts44 said:

DayZ is a shell of what it used to be

OMG, everytime I get on the forums to check for updates all I see are crybabies whining more and more about the same things. DayZ has never had more players then they do recently. If you actually played a many years ago, this statement about it being a "shell" of it's former self is a joke. It's never been more dynamic and wonderful. It feels great, so many bugs have been squashed and there's so many new things, especially in the most recent years, that it's incredible. Anyone on here crap posting about DayZ really needs to take a hard look at where it actually was and not your feelings. It's great, and I greatly appreciate where DayZ has come from and where it's going. It's a beautiful game and instead of bemoaning the game you continue to play and then cry about because you haven't gotten better at it, maybe you should offer some encouragement and be positive toward the devs. I think this game is incredible and beautiful and has never been better!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, discipled said:

OMG, everytime I get on the forums to check for updates all I see are crybabies whining more and more about the same things. DayZ has never had more players then they do recently. If you actually played a many years ago, this statement about it being a "shell" of it's former self is a joke. It's never been more dynamic and wonderful. It feels great, so many bugs have been squashed and there's so many new things, especially in the most recent years, that it's incredible. Anyone on here crap posting about DayZ really needs to take a hard look at where it actually was and not your feelings. It's great, and I greatly appreciate where DayZ has come from and where it's going. It's a beautiful game and instead of bemoaning the game you continue to play and then cry about because you haven't gotten better at it, maybe you should offer some encouragement and be positive toward the devs. I think this game is incredible and beautiful and has never been better!!!

We will pretend like they didnt cut half the games content in half and reduce the hardcore-ness. Looking at videos from a decade ago this game had more features that had actual thought put into them, pretty much the only thing bohmeia has done since 1.0 is port old content back over and everyone pats them on the back . The reason for the player count rise is because they've over simplified and remove anything that might be hard and thrown it into the toilet.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:24 PM, Kyiara said:

Ah common, that is not what was said. 
Please, next time, feel free to use the quote and do not troll people.

That’s what was said. You said it yourself. The company abandoned the forums because of console users. Regardless of the exact words. It’s pretty clear. If you were here at the beginning then it would be obvious to you. 

Can we get the company to stop trolling its customers?   I agreed to play test AND give BI my money based on the reasonable expectation that the game would be in an acceptable state after early access. And here we are once again. Swimming in comments about how bad it is. I did my part. When will you??

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

I agreed to play test AND give BI my money based on the reasonable expectation that the game would be in an acceptable state after early access. And here we are once again. Swimming in comments about how bad it is. I did my part. 

Little did we know that the "I UNDERSTAND" button was nothing more than a meme.  4+ years Alpha, 1 month Beta, then release.  I cannot name any other game in history that has done that.  Hell, I cannot think of ANY software publisher that has ever done that.  And this is the debacle we continue to swim in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

17 hours ago, Parazight said:

That’s what was said. You said it yourself. The company abandoned the forums because of console users. Regardless of the exact words. It’s pretty clear. If you were here at the beginning then it would be obvious to you. 

Can we get the company to stop trolling its customers?   I agreed to play test AND give BI my money based on the reasonable expectation that the game would be in an acceptable state after early access. And here we are once again. Swimming in comments about how bad it is. I did my part. When will you??

I remember what I said
On 1/28/2023 at 3:34 PM, Snake14180 said: Not so many people comment here anymore. Maybe they are fed up. 
My reply: "It´s usually due to Console players not using PC = less present on the forum. We have console players communicating mostly via Twitter (using their phones)"
As our experience is that Console players are more present/active on Twitter compare to DayZ forum.
Not gonna go even deeper in this as it´s pretty self-explaining.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kyiara said:

I remember what I said
On 1/28/2023 at 3:34 PM, Snake14180 said: Not so many people comment here anymore. Maybe they are fed up. 
My reply: "It´s usually due to Console players not using PC = less present on the forum. We have console players communicating mostly via Twitter (using their phones)"
As our experience is that Console players are more present/active on Twitter compare to DayZ forum.

No. That’s not the only quote on these forums.  That’s not the quote I referenced. I can’t seem to find it right now but I’ll look when I have time.  Try again. 

No one has to find quotes in order to perceive the extreme lack of transparency and communication here on the forums. Your worthless brand managers never even interact here. No, I’m not enduring the torture of their shit videos on a regular basis.  When I gave BI my money, this was the hub of information. Now it receives almost no support.  BI PR is infamous for being terrible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyiara said:

I remember what I said

So why not just the kill the forums and be done with it?  That's your ultimate goal anyway.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:55 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

So why not just the kill the forums and be done with it?  That's your ultimate goal anyway.

I will give you my point of view. I am really old school when it comes to forums. I grew up on it; it was the best place to chat and report about the games. When people wanted information, they went on the forum because there was no other place to get official info. 

Social media changed it all; people became less active on forums and more active on social media, and discord changed it entirely for player interaction.

Now, I am using google if I want to look for something related to any game. I just find it the fastest and most effective way to find answers.

We increased the forum activity, but honestly, I would focus on player feedback about the game and players´ issues rather than replying to attacks towards the company. 

All constructive feedback and game suggestions are appreciated, and that is what I am here for. The most effective way to communicate issues is still the Feedback tracker. Personal attacks or attacks towards the company - I don´t see any use in that and it doesn´t belong here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kyiara said:

I will give you my point of view. I am really old school when it comes to forums. I grew up on it; it was the best place to chat and report about the games. When people wanted information, they went on the forum because there was no other place to get official info. 

Social media changed it all; people became less active on forums and more active on social media, and discord changed it entirely for player interaction.

Now, I am using google if I want to look for something related to any game. I just find it the fastest and most effective way to find answers.

We increased the forum activity, but honestly, I would focus on player feedback about the game and players´ issues rather than replying to attacks towards the company. 

All constructive feedback and game suggestions are appreciated, and that is what I am here for. The most effective way to communicate issues is still the Feedback tracker. Personal attacks or attacks towards the company - I don´t see any use in that and it doesn´t belong here.

I wholeheartedly disagree.  The history of this game is riddled with "The Company" giving false information, removing player wanted features/equipment/weapons, missing stated goals and deadlines, adding unneeded "stuff", and oh so much more over the last seven years.  And your expectation is for those that bought the game, love the game, and want it's best to just be quiet and act like everything is roses?  "The Company" put itself into this position and we are expected to not call out "The Companies" problems and demand better?  I've been around the block a time or two and anytime I hear someone wanting to shut down criticism that is DESERVED and warranted.  That is someone sitting behind rose colored glasses and really needs to take stock in what is being said here.   

Seriously.

• Like 1